[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michelle Rodriguez Compares Hollywood Gender Pay Gap to Slavery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15
>“It’s like being born a slave. You know it’s like, ‘Oh damn. Darn my luck. I wish I was born somewhere else or maybe some other way,'” the actress offered. “But it is what it is.”
>Rodriguez acknowledged, “I get paid a lot less than my colleagues.” However, she shrugged off the disparity.
>“That’s the world we live in, it’s a patriarchal society,” Rodriguez said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgKsm25ijA

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>69808449
That you are a cuckold.
>>
File: WE WUZ SLAVES.png (183 KB, 619x489) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ SLAVES.png
183 KB, 619x489
Poor girl, how does she cope?
>>
Remember when you were supposed to be paid for the amount of work and recognition you brought to the project and not because you don't have a penis?

Good times.
>>
>>69808449
>said from my holiday abroad while travelling in 1st class
>>
>>69808449
Keep whining. We all know you won't be able to find a job when your looks dissappear.
>>
how does she cope earning millions for fuck sake. some people have it so hard
>>
>men
>fight for themselves to be paid more
>actually get paid more
>women
>do nothing and expect to get paid the same as men just because
>wahhh muhh wage gap muhhh patriarchy
>>
Fucking hell, if there's one thing worse than an out of touch with reality celebrity, it's one who is crying poor.

Fuck this cunt. I hope she gets hit by a bus.
>>
>>69808585

There are people that think angry Mexican butch dyke is attractive?
>>
>doesn't get paid as much as Walker / Diesel / The Rock did in the F&F films

GEE HOW SHOCKING.
>>
File: cotton.jpg (58 KB, 467x480) Image search: [Google]
cotton.jpg
58 KB, 467x480
>>
Rodriguez earned $5 million for “Fast & Furious 6,” according to The Richest, and will likely make a similar amount for “Furious 7.” Michelle Rodriguez' net worth is an estimated $30 million

>$30 million
>slavery

This bitch makes more than me even if I multiplied myself 500 times.
>>
>lazy cunts refuse to fight for better pay
>cry sexism
On a more personal note...there isn't a single movie she'd been in where I thought "the loss of her would totally ruin the experience" where as many of the male actors made the role unique to themselves.
>>
>>69808614
Yeah, I do.
>>
>>69808449
i hate this nigga so much

its her voice that curls my toes
>>
I wish I was born a girl and got to be an actress for a living. Damn my luck
>>
>>69808592
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>69808650
>>lazy cunts refuse to fight for better pay
>lazy

No, it's because they'll just replace her with someone else.
It would be too easy, and she knows it. She gets more than she's worth.
>>
File: soundless slut.webm (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
soundless slut.webm
1 MB, 960x1080
>>69808449
Remember when she got fired from Lost for getting a DUI and they had to kill her off like 3 episodes after introducing her
>>
File: anotherfeminist.png (10 KB, 253x81) Image search: [Google]
anotherfeminist.png
10 KB, 253x81
>>69808449
>First comment I see
>>
>“It’s like being born a slave. You know it’s like, ‘Oh damn. Darn my luck. I wish I was born somewhere else or maybe some other way,'” the poster offered. “But it is what it is.”
>Anon acknowledged, “I get paid a lot less than the actors and celebrities.” However, he shrugged off the disparity.
>“That’s the world we live in, it’s a Jewish society,” Anon said.
>>
>>69808633
I would have to work for a thousand years at my current job to have as much wealth as her.
>>
>>69808449
What about women in third world countries who are still born as slaves to this day?
>>
File: 1419138435715.jpg (31 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
1419138435715.jpg
31 KB, 344x291
>woman
>brown
>lezzo
You're already getting three times as much work as you should. Fuck off with this bait.

Yeah nah you're a cunt.
>>
>>69808696
Why do people have such a weird ranking of which crimes are "worst"? If she'd straight up punched somebody she probably wouldn't have gotten in as much trouble as a DUI.
>>
>>69808731
How dare you mock us rich celebrities fighting for the rights of our other rich celebrities!

Money and wealth is the cancer of this world, the fatcats in their penthouse offices giving us heaps of money and work are destroying this earth, that's why I'm only getting payed 3000000 dollars for this post and I'm giving a whole 10 bucks of that to charity.
>>
File: 1445064762285.png (272 KB, 599x501) Image search: [Google]
1445064762285.png
272 KB, 599x501
Being a woman in the West is suffering.
>>
I dont know if i find her attractive or disgusting

also typecasting
>>
>>69808783
Driving while drunk is inexcusable. If you can't see that you need to think a little more.
>>
Then i was born an insect
>>
>>69808885
When you think about it's right.

How many people die from getting punched once and how many people die from drunk driving?
>>
>>69808449
It means she wants everyone on set to be paid the same.

I mean, without stunt coordinators, catering services, make-up, and all the rest of the crew, they'd just be a bunch of people telling a story on a sound-stage.

I say we give everyone in the film production the same salary! Balancing out for actors, directors, and producers, everyone would make something like 500k on a big production, and frankly, that's way above the average income of an American citizen.
>>
>>69809105
>let's just give every unimportant replaceable retard the same money
Communism everyone
>>
>>69809105
Or we pay them according to their workload, education and experience and marketability.
>>
>actress who is known for playing stronk women in movies
>is crying that she isn't getting paid more than than the men even though she's already a millionaire.
>compares "wage gap" to slavery.

Can we please ship her and JLaw to a third world country so they can be stoned to death?
>>
>play characters that are more likely to be secondary - potential to get second billing - or if in a movie/tv show aimed at women, even top billing - except they are likely to have less viewers on the whole anyway
>complain that you get paid less
Here's a tip - capitalism is not a meritocracy - and how about a PROtip? - you are already far richer than the average man, if anything male actors need to be paid less.
>>
>>69808717
>he fell for the wageslave meme
>>
File: crying-baby-272x300.jpg (22 KB, 272x300) Image search: [Google]
crying-baby-272x300.jpg
22 KB, 272x300
>>69808449

>Waaaaaaaaah I get paid millions but it's still not enough!!

What a total untalented, flatulent, manner less, ungrateful cunt.
>>
>>69809039

Lel, I usually don't see the reddit in posts when other people claim this.

but this morning, I do. I see Reddit in these posts.
>>
I'd take slavery if it paid like being a Hollywood actress
>>
>>69809266
Wouldn't reddit be all over the "down with the patriarchy" shit she was spouting?

Or have they gone right wing as well lately?
>>
>>69809185
This is Hollywood we're talking about, buddy. All you need is a pretty face and a loose asshole and you could soon be main starring in a Bryan Singer flick.
>>
>>69809259
>he fell for the pretend to be retarded to leech off the government meme
>>
>>69808449
>“I get paid a lot less than my colleagues.”
OK, she got paid less than Paul and vin because they were the leads. I doubt han got paid more than her which is who she should be comparing herself to. She's not a leading lady so of course she's not going to get paid more than the leads. If the male bg extras got paid more than her then OK, she might have a point.
>>
>>69809266
>believing some autist that spams some soulless jew has any meaning
Jesus Christ, really?
>>
how do these people have the gall to complain about being paid too little when they're literally being paid millions to play pretend on a set for a couple months a year

how fucking detached from reality do you have to be
>>
>>69809361
livin' lavish, baby. You can drop out any time you want anon, you're only making money for your jew tax-dodging employers
>>
File: 1460894146579.png (91 KB, 282x264) Image search: [Google]
1460894146579.png
91 KB, 282x264
>>69808541
>>
regularly making millions of dollars is LITERALLY slavery
>>
>>69809479
>Minimizing something youre not capable of
>>
>>69809479
I don't think most Hollywood stars think this way. This is why most of them keep their mouths shut because they have common sense and are not retarded like JLaw and this brown lesbo cunt. If all actresses truly believed that the Hollywood pay gap was real, they would all be speaking up about it.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>69809488
G-ghostler?
>>
>>69808449
She only makes 4.7 million as opposed to 5. Fucking slavery.
>>
>>69808449

First, slavery, what an idiot. You're a millionaire. Get some perspective.

Second, I bet you prefer to be paid what Scarlett Johansson gets per movie than what Chris Evans makes.
>>
>>69808449
Women are so fucking retarded.
>>
>>69808592
They are fighting though. Just in the way that women fight anything.
They're using what comes naturally to all women, the power of nagging.
And it's working.

Never underestimate pester power.
>>
>>69808449
THE GENDER PAY GAP IS IDIOCY

JLAW AND MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
File: Tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png (171 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png
171 KB, 1280x1280
>>69809355
>>
In general you have to be white, brittish/aussie, non-brown eyes to get hired in hollywood

unless something calls for diversity, in which case you're basically there because of it but don't expect a lot of dosh
>>
>>69808796
oy vey

i blame the jews
>>
Ask for more money then you dumb bitch.
OHH WAIT YOU CAN'T because there's always some other bitch that would take the same role for half the pay. A younger and much prettier bitch.
>>
File: tumblr_nx0yc7mkg91u0cz96o1_500.jpg (36 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx0yc7mkg91u0cz96o1_500.jpg
36 KB, 499x499
>>69808541
>tfw the common masses begin rebelling against the capitalistic whores that are so out of touch with the average man that they think 30 mil is hard to live off of
>>
>>69808449
And i get paid less than some shitty actress doing "acting".
>>
>>69808592
The thing is, they do get paid the same. Its literally illegal to pay someone less for the same work based on sex.
>>
>>69810717
JLAW CRIED MUH GENDER PAY GAP ABOUT AMERICAN HUSTLE

SHE GOT PAID THE MOST PER DAY OF SHOOTING THAN ANY OF THE OTHER ACTORS

GENDER PAY GAP IS HORSESHIT, WOMYNS ISSUES ARE ALL FRAUDULENT
>>
>Waaah I got paid less than Vin Diesel!!!
Wow. No shit.
>>
>>69808449
Her Rodriguez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
>>
>>69810545
this
when athletes say they aren't paid enough people shit all over them
it's bound to happen to these people too
>>
>>69810945
Thing is I can get behind athletes.

1-a lot of them were poor as fuck and sports was their only way out

2-to be a pro athlete you literally need to put specific work into your body for years/decades, starting when you are in your teens

3-its dangerous. Concussions, injuries, etc, have all ended careers and in some cases lives

4-athletes have to continually work. If LeBron James decided not to practice anymore and didn't hit the gym, he'd get stomped in a few years.

Meanwhile, actors and actresses get paid to do crossfit and play pew pew in front of a green screen, then go home and count money until someone else calls and offers them work.
>>
>>69808783
>>69808931
drunk driving is way more dangerous. Youre potentially injuring or killing a complete stranger because youre a negligent cunt who cant hold their liquor. She could kill somebody with a punch, but what are the odds of that compared to a car going 60mph with a drunk behind the wheel
>>
>>69811189
I agree with the sentiment in comparison to actors they do have to physically work a lot harder, but at least for acting one could say a woman could act as well as a man given their own roles
In sports, men dominate athletic records, and the skill level of men's teams far outstrips women's. You can argue given enough time and investment women's teams would improve, but physically they're never going to match men and as a result it's not going to be of the same standard to watch as a man's game
>>
>>69811189
that's true, they also have to give up on other stuff like going out at weekends and getting blasted, have to stay in shape all year and so on
still, a guy like cristiano ronaldo made over 100 million dollars in the past year and if he complained that he was paid too little people wouldn't take kindly to it
>>
>>69808931
You endanger way more people by drunk driving
>>
>>69808449
https://youtu.be/ZFsOUbZ0Lr0
>>
>>69808449
I want to put it in her butt.
>>
how do they all explain Oprah?
>>
>>69808633
>>69808633

It's literally the only movie series that gave her any relevance. Her other projects went south fast.

At this point she's just their for old time's sake. They could kick her off and it wouldn't change anything.

Life's hard being a filthy millionaire.
>>
>>69809614
90% of people could probably act at a competent level, it only takes real effort to become genuinely good. Stop lionising play-pretend for adults
>>
>>69811440
You can't make a stupid person think.
>>
>>69808541
You realize these numbers are just made up right?
>>
File: The Faculty.jpg (30 KB, 615x402) Image search: [Google]
The Faculty.jpg
30 KB, 615x402
>>69808449
>tfw an actress you sort of had a crush on and who was in some movies you have fond childhood memories of turns into a shrieking bull dyke feminist

Why did this happen to me not once but twice?
>>
>>69808783
IIRC Matthew Fox got one too but it was years after the show ended
>>
>>69810545
kee dreaming bernigger
>>
>>69811565
Only a handful of hollywood actors are genuinely good. The rest just know how to speak clearly and memorize lines.
>>
>>69808449
You get paid less because YOU ARE WORSE AT YOUR JOB AND DO NOT SELL TICKETS
>>
File: Silly Bugger.jpg (32 KB, 270x320) Image search: [Google]
Silly Bugger.jpg
32 KB, 270x320
FUCK; I always thought she was one of the good ones?
>>
>>69812227
clea duvall :( fuck she was cute in that movie
>>
>>69813992
>woman
>one of the good ones
lmfao

Homosexuality is freedom.
>>
>>69810545

Why not just go pigeon hunting in Venezuela if you want it so bad.
>>
>>69808449
She's never been a slave. I knew a girl that was a slave in United Arab Emirates for like 5 years before somehow getting out. Slavery is no joke.
>>
>>69810717
The reason there's such a big deal about it in hollywood is because with acting, it's not as simple as "you did the same job, you'll get the same pay". A studio is going to pay more to cast Johnny Depp in their movie then they will to cast Clara Mamet.

Clara Mamet will be the lead and Johnny Depp will play a supporting character, but Johnny Depp will still get paid more. Clara will understandably look at this and think "Why did he get paid more? I did more work than him on this project." Clara assumes it's a matter of sexism, when really it's because Johnny Depp is a box office draw, and who the fuck even knows who Clara Mamet is? I didn't even know who she was until I went on IMDB looking up random actresses to namedrop for this scenario.
>>
>>69808449
TMZ are such faggots, she cleary didn't like them and didn't want to be bothered
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 1080x1349
>>69808625
this guy gets it. Here, have some hot white booty as a reward
>>
Women in Hollywood dont really talk about sexism when they talk about sexism. Its always about 'me, me, and me'.

If they really want to fight for sexism, they should go to third world country so they can see sexism being acted out blatantly in front of them, and lets see what good their speeches would do there.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.