[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any film critic anon tell me how to get my short film reviewed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1462086210678.jpg (33 KB, 650x436) Image search: [Google]
1462086210678.jpg
33 KB, 650x436
Can any film critic anon tell me how to get my short film reviewed in newspapers and websites?

I'm going to screen my next film at a local theatre. I was thinking of inviting a bunch of film critics to the première and perhaps pay them to write reviews?

What does it take to get reviewed in media?
>>
File: 1462136042687-1.jpg (129 KB, 1280x872) Image search: [Google]
1462136042687-1.jpg
129 KB, 1280x872
>>
>>69797043

Find some local newspapers, zines, blogs in your area and send them a formal invitation to see it with free tickets.
>>
make memes about it
>>
>>69797136

not a bad idea, honestly unless you have nepotism connections you should just shill it on here and reddit, if it's any good it will make some bucks and pick up some media heat.
>>
>>69797043

Word of mouth nigga.
>>
>>69797043

try to get it covered by indiewire or similar sites.
>>
>>69797043
If you're not part of the clique that gets the reviews, how did you even make a movie?
>>
>>69797043
>Can any film critic anon tell me how to get my short film reviewed in newspapers and websites?
>I'm going to screen my next film at a local theatre. I was thinking of inviting a bunch of film critics to the première and perhaps pay them to write reviews?
>What does it take to get reviewed in media?

Pull the fucking trigger please.

Put it on youtube.
Submit it to film festivals.
Submit it to film websites.

And if you get no fucking coverage. Make a better film.

Just don't fucking pay people to review your fucking movie.
>>
>>69797398
>>Submit it to film festivals.
Most festivals (at least on a higher than local level) have a very lengthy and complex selection process where you can't even enter if you didn't win some stuff on the lower festivals, in which you can't enter if you didn't win some stuff on the lower, etc. which are of course completely invalidated if you have someone to get you in, it's basically just so that people wouldn't submit shit if they're not in the in crowd.
>>
>>69797398
Thanks for the feedback, anon.
>Put it on youtube.
I will, after the premiere. I want to get some initial local press coverage to get the snowball rolling and people will watch it on YouTube from then.
>Submit it to film festivals.
See, will that there is submission fees and there is no guarantee what festivals I will or won't get into. And the film needs to be seen on an empty stomach, not at a film festival were they cram movies down your throat. I want the movie to be an event in itself.

I'll keep your words in mind.

>>69797273
I didn't make the movie yet, though I have made many films before. All you need it money.
>>
>>69798320
>>Put it on youtube.
>I will, after the premiere.

And link it here you gigantic fagg.
>>
>>69797043
Very important question: are you Jewish?
>>
>>69797202
This
Blowjobs can get you anywhere
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.