[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: The_Muppets_(TV)_title_card[1].jpg (5 KB, 421x236) Image search: [Google]
The_Muppets_(TV)_title_card[1].jpg
5 KB, 421x236
What went wrong?
>>
It just wasn't very funny.
I think I laughed maybe once the whole season. Cracked a smile a few times, but that really isn't enough when your show is supposed to be a comedy
>>
I still go back and watch the old muppets movies like christmas carrol and treasure island. Some of my fondest childhood memories of movies. The new stuff just doesnt have the same magic for me though.
>>
File: Statler_waldorf_02_01.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Statler_waldorf_02_01.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
>more cynical and "adult" muppets
>this doesn't apply to the characters known entirely for talking shit

How do you fuck that up?
>>
>>69797489
muppet christmas carol is:

the best muppet movie of all time
the best musical of all time
the best adaptation of a christmas carol of all time
the best michael caine movie of all time
>>
>>69797695
They were in the show. They were the only funny characters, so I guess you're 100% correct though.
>>
File: 30 Rock Apollo.jpg (17 KB, 453x300) Image search: [Google]
30 Rock Apollo.jpg
17 KB, 453x300
>>69796565

No good score. 30 Rock was essentially a live-action "Muppet Show" and had great musical motifs and character themes that filled the quiet moments.

Consider this is an intellectual property that has no less than two piano playing supporting characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6fcePVNfnE
>>
>>69797791
Aside from one episode where they fuck with Fozzie, all of their lines are "lol I randomly fell asleep because I'm old" jokes.
>>
Too much Hollywood insider bullshit, not enough wacky Muppet antics. The joke that "the Muppets are real people, OMGWTF" got old really fast.

Honestly I'd watch a full series of Up Late with Miss Piggy, with Muppet Show-style backstage cutaways but mostly the show-within-a-show.
>>
>>69797489
treasure island is one of the greatest comedys of all time
>>
Because Jim Henson has been dead for 26 years.
>>
>>69799243
Henson put out more than a few stinkers in his life. More to the point, he wanted the Muppets to live on after him.
>>
File: Dana Gould Jim Henson.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dana Gould Jim Henson.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
Michael Eisner had him killed. He was perfectly healthy before headed to Orlando and sign the Muppet deal.

Look at this picture of Henson from less than two weeks before his death.

Eisner was a former producer at ABC when the original Muppet Show aired, and he always had his sights on controlling them. The Chris Cooper character in the 2009 Reboot is basically him.
>>
File: themuppetmovie.jpg (204 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
themuppetmovie.jpg
204 KB, 640x344
>>69797766
i'll fight you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.