[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best black director?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Dear_White_People.jpg (32 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Dear_White_People.jpg
32 KB, 270x400
Who is the best black director?
>>
Shane Black
>>
Steve McQueen
>>
>>69779489
there isn't good black directors
>>
>>69779489
Spike Lee and it's not even close. I also really like Carl Franklin. Ryan Coogler has a promising career ahead of him.
>>
Ryan Coonler
>>
All Ryan Coogler needs to do is ditch Michael B Jordan and he's destined to be the best.
>>
Scott Sanders
>>
Andrew Dosunmu
>>
>>69779489
Spike Lee, even if he's an idiot, he's a competent director.

Actually, I'm changing my vote to Quentin Tarantino.
>>
William Greaves
>>
eddie murphy
>>
Lex Steele
>>
>>69779489
Quentin Tarantino
>>
Definitely the Tarantino
>>
>>69779591
this
>>
File: chameleon-street1.jpg (26 KB, 217x302) Image search: [Google]
chameleon-street1.jpg
26 KB, 217x302
Wendell B. Harris Jr.
>>
File: Charles Burnett.jpg (43 KB, 420x480) Image search: [Google]
Charles Burnett.jpg
43 KB, 420x480
Charles Burnett
>>
Gaspar Noe
>>
File: t.perry.jpg (13 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
t.perry.jpg
13 KB, 480x320
Tyler Perry
>>
Snyder and you can't refute
>>
>>69779489
Fuck I hate this movie, most hypocritical messagges ever
>>
>>69785500
Repeating digits have been observed, and dass raycis.
>>
Quentin Tarantino
>>
>>69785500
What was so bad about it? I avoided it when it was in theaters.

Also,
>"Monumentally Topical"
couldn't be more buzz-word
>>
>>69785500
>>69786457

It's not so bad if you think of it as a satire on wealthy black students who complain about petty shit because they've experienced no real hardship in their lives
>>
>>69779591
/thread
>>
>>69786457
It does a mediocre job of showing how people of all races can act racist (although evil whitey is always shown to be the more malicious, and most of the black kids' racism is internal against eachother) and then the ending goes and fucks everything up. The black kids teach the message of "Us niggas have to stick together against the evil whitey" and get their redemption and the white kids get shit. It's probably one fo the most racist movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>69779489
Antoine Fuqua
>>
>>69786495
Please tell me you're white. I have to know.
>>
>>69787535

I'm keeping my race a secret
>>
>>69787481
This

Training Day, Tears of the Sun, The Equalizer, Shooter, Brooklyn's Finest, the list goes on
>>
>>69785078
this
Diop Mambéty and Micheaux too
>>
>>69787650
ya u white kek
>>
>>69788260
Well done
>>
>>69788260
You already did this and it was deleted.
>>
>>69788205
>niggers
>working for white masters
Who's the cuck?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.