[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wow so deep the main character dies at the end 10/10 classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: american beauty ending.jpg (91 KB, 1000x742) Image search: [Google]
american beauty ending.jpg
91 KB, 1000x742
>Wow so deep the main character dies at the end 10/10 classic of all time

Is this what passes for good cinema? Really?
>>
>>69776478
He literally spoils this in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Do you kids even know what subtext is anymore?
>>
>>69776478
You must be +15 to post here
>>
i don't think him dying is what makes this film good
>>
>>69776478
American beauty is a truly great movie and I don't care what you faggots say. If you lived through the 90s as a thinking adult you would understand it. But supposed "90s kids" born in '93 think it is pretentiousness.
>>
>>69776478
American Beauty is garbage. It's loaded with the same midwestern, self-impressed quasi-cynicism that it sets out to satirize. All of the characters are caricatures with heavy-handed moral hang-ups (the angry, homophobe, military dad was especially cliche) except for the so-totally-aware teen stoners who are thoroughly unlikable despite the fact that we're obviously supposed to see them as admirable. Also Kevin Spacey really didn't do a good job playing his character at all.
>>
>>69776917
Look closer.
>>
File: 1455800057991.jpg (38 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1455800057991.jpg
38 KB, 251x242
>this grocery bag is the most beautiful thing
>i cri everytiem
>>
>>69777687
You didn't get it, sorry bud
>>
File: Babby.jpg (43 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
43 KB, 600x394
>>69777687
Look closer.
>>
>>69777716
The son of the military guy is sexy, the one who dates the ugly girl.
>>
>>69776917
>except for the so-totally-aware teen stoners who are thoroughly unlikable despite the fact that we're obviously supposed to see them as admirable
Did we watch the same film? I never once got the impression that the teen characters were supposed to be likable or relatable
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.