[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who accomplished more, Lex Luthor in BvS or every singles Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbois.jpg (65 KB, 567x480) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbois.jpg
65 KB, 567x480
Who accomplished more, Lex Luthor in BvS or every singles Marvel villain ever in the MCU?
>>
>>69708562

I was gonna say Doomsday did more since he "killed" superman But Lex unleashed him.

Loki would be pretty close though. In all the marvel movies so far the hero has a typical happy ending.
>>
Lex Jewthor was a shitty villain
>>
>>69708562
Zemo.
>>
>>69708562
Blueman almost killed a planet.
>>
>>69708562
>orchestrates everything
>manipulates everyone
>fulfils objective

I think only zemo comes close
>>
>>69708867
"almost" yea. Doomsday wouldve done the same if they didn't stop him going by your logic.
>>
>>69708818
Want to defend Marvel's nearly two dozen shitty villains?
>>
>evil ironmanman
>evil hulkman
>evil birdman
>evil naziman
>Loki
>evil terroristman
>evil elfman
>evil soldierman
>evil blueman
>evil robot
>evil insectman
Holy shit, I've forgotten how much marvel villains fucking suck
>>
>>69708562
zemo
>>
>>69708916
Even the guy from Ant-Man whose name I have literally forgotten was better than Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor
>>
>>69708562
lex = zemo >loki>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

lex managed to manipulate a short fight and then got superman "killed" by releasing doomsday

Zemo actually accomplished to turn them agaisnt eachother but no one was killed

Both overall failed since superman isnt really dead and Cap and Ironman are ok with eachother at the end of the movie but they got the closest and did the most damage
>>
>>69708867
Elfman almost killed the entire universe
>>
>>69708562
I remeber two out of these marvel "villains"

Lex was shit, but at least he is not forgtable
>>
>>69709117
>>evil birdman
bord
>>
People only say Lex was better because he's Lex Luthor so his reputation as a strong villain precedes him. If BvS introduced some more obscure villain in Luthor's role for the movie, people would have bitched abut him as much as they bitch about Marvel villains. It's because everyone knows Lex Luthor that we assume he has to be better than what Marvel puts out.
>>
>>69708915
What are you even trying to say here? Blueman outright killed far more people than Doomsday.
>>
>>69708916
>implying it's impossible both are shit
nice false dilemma mate
>>
>>69709428
The thread is about who accomplished more. Zemo is obscure compared to lex to normies and no one is doubting he accomplished just as much as lex but more than any other marvel villain. just look at the replies. Your logic is flawed.
>>
>>69709506
>>69709506
You think "almost" is a good arguement. By your logic Zod did just as much as blueman. Both killed the same amount and """"almost""""" destroyed the world. both failed their missions though.

Lex and Zemo accomplished more
>>
>>69709506
>people
Aliums are not people
>>
>>69709641
But Zod DID kill a lot of people, whereas Doomsday did fuck all.
>>
>>69709715
It was nice of Doomsday to be born after everyone had left their jobs, then fall onto an uninhabited island, then be baited to follow Batman into an uninhabited port.
>>
>>69709641
Lex and Zemo are the only villains where the movie ends with them accomplishing their missions. Even if its temporary but they actually accomplished something.

Zod just killed a bunch of people and got killed while failng to accomplish his mission, Blueman killed a bunch of people but got killed, failed his mission AND gave the heros an infinity stone.
>>
>>69709787
Like it was nice of Ultron to go to a made up uninhabited country?
>>
>>69708848
/thread
>>
>>69710041
>uninhabited country
He destroyed an entire city full of people
Doomsday killed exactly one person and didn't even completely succeed in that
>>
>>69709338
>lex managed to manipulate a short fight

By magically knowing the secret identities of the people he was supposed to be manipulating
>>
>>69710327
>I wan't to use logic in superhero movies when it benefits me

cmon now if we used logic every villain is a fucking retard
>>
>>69708562
Zemo.

Because he wasnt autistic like Nex. Just nihilistic
>>
>>69710488
Verisimilitude is very important to maintaining the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>69708562
Lex
>>
Loki is infinitely more popular and better written than Lex "Granny's Peach Tea" Luthor.
>>
>>69708848
And we're done.
>>
>>69712571
Loki was Tumblr tier wank.
>>
>>69712813
And Lex wasn't? With his middle school philosophical quotes, his teen angst, and his horrible jokes?
>Jolly Rancherâ„¢?
>It's cherry! XD
>>
>>69709364
>almost
>>
>>69708848
Did he?
>>
>>69710327
>By magically knowing the secret identities of the people he was supposed to be manipulating

the movie told you how he knew superman
>>
Zemo did nothing wrong
>>
What did Lex accomplish, exactly?

He:
>attempted to frame one of the heroes
>created a hulking monster that the heroes had to join together to defeat
Aaaand that's it. He was apprehended and arrested, like every other comic movie.

Loki literally did the same things Lex did, but first, and more effectively.
>>
>>69712903
A government official literally eating out of his hand.

Based Snyder symbolism.
>>
>>69713124
Lex despises those who have power over him. He's always the smartest guy in the room, but his brain didn't protect him from his dad, he asked God to save him but God didn't help him and he grew up to be a god-hater. So when a literal Messianic figure comes down, he goes crazy trying to figure out how to kill him or destroy this image of "God" that everyone has about him.
"If good is all powerful he can't be all good and If god is all good he can't be all powerful"
If Superman(God) is "all powerful" he will kill Batman(man), the man who's on God's way so he's not "all good". But if Superman is "all good" he will be killed by Batman proving that he is not "all powerful". Doomsday(Devil) is there as a contingency plan, in case "man can't kill God". Lex knows the devil is evil and will bring suffering to everyone but he just don't care (he fucking shows that he doesn't give a fuck about human life when he kills Mercy), he just wanna prove that he is right, he wanna prove that God can not exist, God is a paradox. So yeah, the devil kills God and Luthor proves that he's right, proves that Superman is no God, Luthor wins.

It's not that hard
>>
>>69713124
His plan was:
>Show Superman isn't all good
>Show Superman isn't powerful
He showed the second one and now everybody knows that Superman can be defeated.
I wanted Kryptonine-Man to be here instead of Doomsday.
>>
>>69709338
Zemo didn't really have to kill them. The Avengers are basically done for.

The team is split, half of the Avengers are fugitives and wanted criminals the world over. Iron Man's probably still sore about the "Cap kept secrets from me and protected my parent's murderer," and Bucky's frozen for fear of going all Manchurian Candidate again.

And Zemo's just locked up in a box as punishment, instead of just committing suicide like he originally planned to.

Meanwhile, Lex causes a fight that lasts for about 2 minutes, unleashes an uncontrollably rampaging monster for basically no reason, and his entire plan was to kill Superman, which we learned doesn't even stick.
>>
>>69713464
>Zemo didn't really have to kill them. The Avengers are basically done for.
Yeah right, Cap sent Tony a love letter and a cell phone so they will always be in contact in case of a crisis.
>>
>>69708848
not really.
He created two separate avengers teams.

I guess Tony and Steve aren't friends anymore? Though steve sends tony that letter at the end...they seem cool
>>
>>69708848
What did he do, exactly? Leave Tony and Cap on still sort of speaking terms? Oh no, the fiend!
>>
>>69710327
>magically

Also superman died
>>
>>69708848
This.
>>
>>69713546
>Cap sent Tony
Yeah, only Cap.
>>
>>69713464
All the Heroes seem to free to go about their business. He got some of them locked up I suppose (not sure if that was part of his plan)
but they were all released anyway.

Does he just hate the name avengers? Or the people on the team? He didn't do anything to any of heroes and really didn't destroy the team either.

I get that he didn't want to kill them (because its a disney movie) but his plan should have been "I'll get the whole world to hate the avengers as much as I do"
Would have made for a more compelling movie where the bad guy could have actually won (if thats the way the wanted to go with it)

His plan accomplished nothing in the end. Hell he could have just mailed the information to tony about his dead parents.
>>
>>69713709
Cap and Tony led the two sides. Avengers will spend some time arguing and fighting in the beginning of the next movie only to come together through the power of friendship and fight the bad guys, just like the last two Avengers films.
>>
>>69713680
no
>>
>>69708562
I don't know, seems like a pyrrhic victory you're scrambling for. Why is everything about these Snyder movies inexcusable shit, including the fans? It's just revolting to behold.
>>
>>69709383
because he's lex fucking luthor. it would be a goddamned accomplishment to make him forgettable. still one of the worst castings ever made, eric foreman as venom tier.
>>
>>69713840
>He got some of them locked up I suppose (not sure if that was part of his plan)
>but they were all released anyway.

Cap beat up a bunch of guards and broke them all out. I wouldn't exactly call that "released." Or not in a way that doesn't make them still wanted criminals.

>He didn't do anything to any of heroes and really didn't destroy the team either.
I'm almost positive we didn't see the same movie.

>I get that he didn't want to kill them (because its a disney movie) but his plan should have been "I'll get the whole world to hate the avengers as much as I do"
I don't think he would have minded them dying, but either would have needed him to turn them against each other. Like he said, he's a normal man who wouldn't stand a chance against the Avengers.

>Would have made for a more compelling movie where the bad guy could have actually won (if thats the way the wanted to go with it)
The Avengers are fractured, more than half of them are wanted criminals being hunted by the world's governments, Bucky's on ice for god knows how long, and the world's still presumably afraid of the Avengers.

Even if he didn't "win"(though I'd argue he did, since he achieved exactly what he'd been planning), I wouldn't exactly call that a loss either.
>>
>>69712571

Loki is non-threatening while Lex was fucking evil.
>>
>>69708562
Tony Stark. No, not because muh Team Cap. Just creating Ultron was enough to make him more accomplished in villainy than any villain.
>>
>>69713338
That's nice, you explained his motivation.

You didn't say what he accomplished. So, you wasted my time.
>>
File: 1380510070032.jpg (9 KB, 238x273) Image search: [Google]
1380510070032.jpg
9 KB, 238x273
>>69714156
>Jesse Eisenberg
>threatening
>>
File: Michael_Shannon_as_Zod[1].jpg (45 KB, 468x341) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Shannon_as_Zod[1].jpg
45 KB, 468x341
Which Marvel heroes could stop him?
>>
>>69714329
Seriously. Least intimidating Joker I've seen in any adaptation.
>>
>>69714285
superman is dead at the end of the movie
>>
>>69714285
Kill yourself for being stupid
>>
>>69714063
>he's a normal man
what a bad excuse. Why have a plan at all if he's just a regular man??
None of the avengers are bullet proof out of their costumes

If he can come up with a complex plan for them to show up in siberia he can make a complex plan for them to show up some place where he hid a bomb.

He didn't destroy the avengers.
They still exist, Unless you mean the avengers need to be exactly the same characters to be considered the Avengers??

He achieved nothing as getting half the team locked up wasn't part of his plan. It's just sloppy writing to have the air port fight scene...the rest of the movie is totally unnecessary

>Bucky is on ice
seems like a lateral move from him being locked up. Plus he was never on the avengers.

It was a decent plot but it was handled so poorly I'm wondering how much control the russo brothers had seeing as they made the well constructed Winter Solider movie

Maybe it was just a fluke??
>>
>>69713030
No they don't

Nor do they explain how he knows Batman's identity
>>
>>69714418
No he isn't
>>
>>69714731
Nigger, what did he said about the shortest distance between two points or whatever?
>>
>>69714568
>Oh shit, I got BTFO, better go to insults
Cute
>>
>>69714993
>Lex Luthor manages to divine a connection between Supes and Lois Lane via his insane ramblings
>Batman, the World's Greatest Detective, somehow doesn't figure this out

Sure seems like plot magic to me anon
>>
>>69715067
I'm not him you dumb retard it's just that you're a fucking retard who can't read
>>
>>69715162
>I-I'm not him!
Sure
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.