[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great title Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 25
File: fotr.png (413 KB, 896x462) Image search: [Google]
fotr.png
413 KB, 896x462
Great title Disney
>>
>>69691916
This can't be real
>>
I don't even know who is the resistance
>>
>>69691958
https://vid.me/xHTz
>>
>>69691916
Probably some videogame.
>>
>>69691916
>It's shit

I believe it. Probably actually legit.
>>
>>69692132
>star wars
>having a good title
Pick one
>>
>still doubting disney
it will be great, just like everything disney does
>>
Star Wars movies have never had good titles. They're meant to be simple and cheesy.
>>
>>69691916
>The New Order Strikes Back so the Resistance Falls.
Wow
>>
>>69691916
WOW COME ON AND SEE OUR EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (CAUSING THE RESISTANCE TO FALL) REMAKE AFTER YOUR NEW HOPE REMAKE

HI I AM JJ ABRAMS AND PEOPLE SUCK MY DICK FOR CRYPTO-REMAKING EVERYTHING LIKE I DID WITH INTO DARKNESS AND CLOVERFIELD

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FRANCHISES
>>
What's this? The 5th or 6th alleged title for Ep 8?
>>
test
>>
File: Lucas goes to town.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Lucas goes to town.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>69691916
>LOTR
>FOTR

POETRRY
>>
File: Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif (378 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif
378 KB, 208x200
>>69691916
never fear we've got diversity filled stories for years
>>
>>69692480
Was he autistic?
>>
File: 1451778797905.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1451778797905.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>It's going to be a dark episode just like ESB

Poetry will never end
>>
>>69692728
Full autism
>>
>>69692193
Return of the Jedi is a great title.
>>
>>69692802
>autism
>not being good at memorizing isolated names and facts
yeah ok
>>
Anyone else remember when episode 2 was rumored to be called "Send in the Clones"?
>>
>>69691916
Fake, the real title is The First Order Retaliates.
>>
>>69692911
That's what autism is you idiot
You mistook it with asperger syndrome
>>
>>69691916
The MSW guys just released this.

>Recently I glimpsed some photos of a set at Malin Head on the water. On the shoreline were seven men in black. There might be more but some of the people are hard to make out. All of these people are wearing all black with helmets, most of the helmets resemble medieval knights with weapons. The characters are not wearing the black covers to hide their costumes like they did back at Dubrovnik. These are actual black costumes. It is my opinion and the source’s opinion that these are the Knights of Ren. Kylo Ren could always have another gang of warriors in black but I think its likely they’re the guys we saw in The Force Awakens.[/spoiler

>[spoilerThere are “black helmeted medieval looking figures” going after Luke Skywalker and Rey on the coast of Ahch-To. The guys I once referred to as Jedi Hunters back in the day were described in the same way back during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

>From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. The scene that follows appears to be when the showdown finally begins. I suppose she accepts her duty or has no choice but to fight.

The text below is what the source(s) witnessed.

Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain.
Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on.

>Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes we described before.
>Kylo Ren and The Knights of Ren turn up along the coast. Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren.Kylo does not wear the mask here.Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII.
>>
File: capl_.jpg (51 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
capl_.jpg
51 KB, 500x503
>>69692480
>Lucas concentrated in using his markers
>Everybody else on the verge of walking out
>That mustached guy with the "you think we should tell him?" face
every fucking time man
>>
>>69692480
What is exactly lucas doing in here?
>>
File: 1414097408879.jpg (21 KB, 389x440) Image search: [Google]
1414097408879.jpg
21 KB, 389x440
>>69693210
>>
>>69691916

why are the good guys called the resistence when they're in power and control the military and shit? the bad guys are the ones rebelling in episode 7
>>
>>69693198
Kylo Ren, you must confront Kylo Ren. Only then a Jedi will you be. Jesus, this is probably the real deal.
>>
>>69693304
I wish. It's actually much more retarded and contrived.

Post-ROTJ, the Republic was re-formed and decided not to further pursue the various imperial remnants scattered about. A big chunk of the senators left the Republic like a decade before TFA and joined with Snoke and one of the remnants to create the First Order. But the Republic STILL doesn't go after them. So Leia makes a ragtag private militia called the Resistance, which is even smaller and weaker than the old Rebel Alliance, to fight the First Order herself.

This way they could keep the good guys as the underdogs even when it doesn't make any sense, because having the bad guys as the underdogs would be too hard to write.
>>
>>69693198
>Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting alongside the cliff face over looking the nighttime water.Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him.
>The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.
>Luke Skywalker engages the knights on the beach while Kylo attempts to kill Rey.
>The first black knight has an axe and moves towards the Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air.
>After Luke dispatches the first knight he ignites his green lightsaber.Luke moves through each knight one by one.
>Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff. Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle, either wounded or appears to go over the side of the cliff.
>Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees Skywalker and his crew defeated.
>[soiler]Luke Skywalker is a bad*** Jedi and he’ll destroy your squad.

One source commented:“A lot of wire work was used.”Luke Skywalker fights the Knights of Ren using the Force and then his sword, a mixture of wizard and warrior. While we can confirm that Luke does use his lightsaber, we think we can confirm the color too; the lightsaber was green for the light-rod on set. So it appears Luke still has his Return of the Jedi saber after all these years. There were also white flashing effects used in the battle.
>>
>>69693198
For what reason rey doesn’t want to kill him? Lmao
>>
>>69693467
>we're finally getting a movie of luke just mowing down fuckers left and right
I hope this is real.
>>
>>69693250
colouring in which will be CG and what will be real or pratical effects
>>
>>69693510
he's her cousin
>>
>>69693465
That's what I thought, like surely the first order were technically the rebels at this point.
>>
>>69693467
Please be true please be true my dick is so hard
>>
File: 1451778905233.webm (554 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1451778905233.webm
554 KB, 960x540
>>69693210
>>
>It's actually going to be an ESB reskin
Holy shit our memes have gone too far
>>
>>69692193
>>69692830
RotJ and ESB are both great titles, and Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens are both fine.

The Fall Of The Resistance doesn't surprise me because of how dumb and safe it is, Disney really did hope for more from TFA and have to imply drama with the title.
>>
File: 360x200.jpg (43 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
360x200.jpg
43 KB, 360x200
>>69694074
Are we all ready for another ice original planet do ot steal and another swamp original planet donut steel? Can't wait for Rey training with Maz in backpack
>>
>>69693198
This doesn't sound very Luke Skywalker. Darker Luke confirmed I guess. It'll be badass to see him mowing down the Knights of Ren holy shit.
>>
>>69693999
Yeah, but luke wants her to do it and she's like nah. Why? It's not like she was in good terms with him in viii. I need a better reason
>>
>>69692480
>>69693210
>>69694052
I absolutely adore the documentary about the making of TPM. It's such a beautiful clusterfuck that blossoms over your very eyes and is about as fun to watch as a feature film and is on on the joke the whole time about its subject.

I wish some of the bigger comic book movie spectacles of the past few years got features just like it.
>>
>>69694228
*Vii
>>
>>69694228
maybe ghost Anakin told her that it's very bad
>>
>>69693129
autism and aspergers are the same thing.

autists are incredibly good at memorizing things they care about and aren't remotely interested in doing it for approval.

Lucas (and most other creative types) is definitely autistic. J J Abrams probably isn't, he's just an executive.
>>
>>69691916
why did they do such a shit job at making stars?
it's just the same two blots ctrl-v'd over random spots?
>>
I had a dream last night that episode 8 actually takes place two years after TFA and Finna had a mullet. Don't screencap this.
>>
It's Disney. I've already abandoned all hope of them doing right with Star Wars
>>
File: 1451778683261.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451778683261.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>69694230
>>
>>69694168
it's like Disney are intentionally trying to make it so James Cameron's Avatar sequels can easily surpass them.
>>
>>69694284
So after all this time the voice of reason is anakin not luke. Top kek
>>
File: autism-spectrum-conditions.jpg (25 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
autism-spectrum-conditions.jpg
25 KB, 500x200
>>69694290
>autism and aspergers are the same thing.

No you cretin
>>
>>69692762
This pretty much sums up the whole prequel trilogy. Actors touching or looking at imaginary objects and aliens.
>>
>>69693198
Maybe well see a parallel to episode 6 with Rey refusing to kill kylo ren and throwing away her saber.
Does this mean luke is evil now?
>>
>>69694228
I wouldn't kill someone cause a fuking hobo who abandoned his family told me too
>>
>>69694228
I think the biggest question is why Luke is telling her to in the first place. That goes against everything he stood for in the OT. Luke seems to have lost his way a little.

And it's clear that Rey doesn't want to kill him. If she did, she'd have done it in TFA. She purposefully turned away from that because she's the hero I guess.
>>
>>69691916

what the fuck

I get the poetry with the empire strikes back but at least ESB doesn't give the ending away, only the beginning

"fall of the resistance" you already know that he resistance is going to get wrekt

what the fug disney
>>
JUST FUCK MY FRANCHISE UP FAMALAM
>>
did you guys complain this much about kill bill, or django unchained?
>>
>>69694881
>I think the biggest question is why Luke is telling her to in the first place. That goes against everything he stood for in the OT. Luke seems to have lost his way a little.

It depends on if this is literally what happens desu

If Luke says she has to kill Kylo then yes it goes against everything Luke stands for

But if he says she has to *face* Kylo that's a bit different. That's what Ben and Yoda told Luke to do. And when he faced Vader he turned him back to the light.
>>
>>69693467
>Luke slaughtering the knights of Ren like it's nothing
This. THIS is what I want in a starwars movie.

I don't give a shit about Rey, Ben, or Oogabooga.

Show me Luke as a Jedi Master fucking bitches up without a sweat. That's what I wanted from TFA. If we get a Luke goes ham moment in Episode 8, there might still be a chance SW can be redeemed for me.
>>
>>69692193
Attack of the Clones is a God tier title

i lied
>>
>>69691916
7 - good guys win
8 - bad guys win
9 - good guys win
>>
>>69695047

we know this already. this is generally how trilogies work. rather the middle is the darkest, that usually involves the bad guys winning but not always.

we don't need the fucking title to spell this out for us
>>
>>69694881
That is my problem with this leak, Luke wants Rey to kill Kylo??? This goes against Luke in the OT and if he really thinks Kylo is lost its his duty to kill him not Rey imo.
>>
>>69695170
Dude the entire reboot is literally against anything in Star Wars
>Luke just quits like a bitch nigga and doesnt recreate a new Jedi Order
>Empire just dies off due to some shitty battle in Jakku
>Han and Leia split because of Jacen So- I mean Kylo Ren
>>
>>69694904
Its so the kids that don't have the attention span to sit through a movie can just read (or have their parents read them) the caption.
>>
>>69691916
fuckin hell, its just Empire strikes back
>>
>>69695272
>>Empire just dies off due to some shitty battle in Jakku

not stated on film so who cares

you can pretend its like the EU where it happened over 30 years of attrition
>>
>>69691916
Pretty dull title, if it's legitimate. "The Force Awakens" lacked the dynamism that made the original titles memorable, as well. But at least it's not something painfully striving for a parallel like "Attack of the First Order."

I think VIII being similar in tone to V is a good move, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be as boring as VII was.
>>
>>69691916
Pls be fake.
>>
>>69695405
>Disney """""""""EU""""""""""

Its like watching a contrarian hipster think his material than the rest
>>
>>69692237
Like Tomorrowland?
And Maleficent?
And the Lone Ranger?
Oz the Great and Powerful?
On Stranger Tides?
The Sorcerer's Apprentice?
Alice in Wonderland?
Tron: Legacy?
Prom?

I mean I'm not saying it will be bad, but it's amazing how three successful movies can make people forget.
>>
>>69691916
i have absolutely no problem with the title. sounds nice and sci-fi pulpy, just what a good Star Wars title should be.

btw, so does this confirm that those rumors some imbecile keeps posting are nearly all untrue? he got the title wrong.
>>
>>69695528
not anon you responded to, but, um, i liked Tron Legacy. haven't seen any of those others, though.
>>
File: CZV-HKFUsAAIAYf.png (519 KB, 595x594) Image search: [Google]
CZV-HKFUsAAIAYf.png
519 KB, 595x594
>>69695309
>fuckin hell, its just Empire strikes back

>yfw you realize the squeal trilogy is just a reboot of the original trilogy.
>>
>>69695453
>"The Force Awakens" lacked the dynamism that made the original titles memorable
yurop here
one of the few good things about ep7 was the localized title, it actually sounded cool in my language
it rhymed
>>
>>69693198
>Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. The scene that follows appears to be when the showdown finally begins. I suppose she accepts her duty or has no choice but to fight.
I don't like anything about this. It's his nephew. If anyone should be held responsible for Kylo Ren's demise it's Luke. Why should Rey be held accountable for Luke's fuckup? It makes for better drama for Luke to confront Kylo anyway.

Moreover, I find it hard to believe Luke would be so cold about all of this anyway.
>>
>>69695671
Honestly, I actually liked it too, but that doesn't mean it wasn't considered a big enough failure to delay the sequel.
>>
>>69695691
Nah, the sequel trilogy was always going to be a reboot, bringing it back from the dead.

These are full on remakes.
>>
>>69693467
>>69693198
This sounds a lot better then the last leaks.
>>
>>69693198
>>69693467
Do we find out the obvious "twist" that Rey is Luke's daughter?
>>
>>69694981
Possible but I hope he really has gone a little dark. It'd be pretty understandable. Then we can have a cool story about him regaining the light. Which would give him more of a character arc than Rey but I don't think any of us would complain about that.
>>
>>69695821
yeah, the leaks sound cool. i still have problems with Kylo Ren character. i find nearly all aspects of him underwhelming and thought his killing his dad was a dud scene. hope they turn him into a better antagonist. we'll see. i have more faith in R Johnson as a director than Abrams, though, even if this is a Disney project and their hands will be all over it.
>>
I have a friend who works for Disney. He told me Snoke is Palpatine's dad. That is why they look alike, the electricity Palpatine used against Mace Windu revealed his true form.
>>
>>69695862
Why? Luke going morally ambiguous would be utterly redundant by this point. The whole theme of RotJ and Luke's arc was that he spiritually succeeded where his father had failed and did so in a way that suggested he was a legitimate successor to Obi-Wan and Yoda, not just a slavish pupil.
>>
>>69695739
yeah, what happened there? i remember a lot of hype behind that short film that was made before Legacy and when Legacy came out it underwhelmed at the box office. weird, huh? maybe the budget was too large?
>>
But who the fuck is the Resistance?

Werent they called rebellion or some shit?
>>
>>69693467
>white flashes

is luke going grey jedi and using lightning? please disney, pls
>>
>>69696128
The Resistance is the militia overseen by the New Republic, this was explained in the last film.
>>
>>69693198
>>69693467
The only thing i got from this is that being Leia is suffering, she lost her husband, is fighting a war for almost 40 year, her only son worships vader, her brother run away and now wants Rey to kill Kylo. She is better dead at this point
>>
>>69696374
Why don't they just send a detachment of Republic Army to beat fuck out of the First Order
>>
>>69696374

But they had like 17 counted X-wings.

How does the fall of 30 guys and 17 ships deserve a film title?

And why is this second film the one where the bad guys win again, like Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>69696301
Awful.
>>
>>69694320
Was it autism?
>>
>>69696376
This is actually why I think a Kylo redemption--one where he might actually survive, even--is likely. It would take a total shit on Han and Leia if he didn't.
>>
>>69695969
I thought half the point of Kylo Ren was that he was supposed to be underwhelming, since he's a spoiled, misguided brat who just so happens to be really strong.
>>
>>69693974
So he's pointing out that the cartoon rabbit wont in fact be real?
>>
>>69696469
>And why is this second film the one where the bad guys win again, like Empire Strikes Back?
It helps make the triumph in the next movie more resonant. Hopefully it isn't a copy the way TFA was to the original, but going after a similar tone to Empire isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>69696422
Because technically the New Republic and the Empire are in armistice and the Resistance and First Order are basically proxy militias that attack each other instead although both technically do so with almost zero Republic/Imperial oversight.
>>
File: bateman.jpg (19 KB, 351x368) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
19 KB, 351x368
>>69696666
>those digits
>>
>>69696671
jarjar was a guy in a suit at first hoss
>>
>>69696570
Yes, right now Leia only lived to suffer and han's death is meaningless if his son die in the darkness and i really think is ooc to luke trying to make rey kill him against her wishes
>>
>>69694597
And getting no direction whatsoever.

Scenes play out more like a checklist.
>You talk
>You hug
>You leave
>Let's roll people.
>>
File: bateman2.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bateman2.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>69696666
yeah, that's the idea, satan. not surprising that it's lost on plebs
>>
>>69695704
I agree. Even if he was just telling her she needs to confront him and not kill, which the leaker may have misinterpreted, it doesn't make much sense. How would Luke not perceive this as uniquely his fight? Kylo has been specifically looking for a map to him this whole time. Kylo is his blood, was his padawan, killed his students and his best friend. And all evidence points to whatever Ben was doing secretively with Luke all those years being the missing link to what caused his eventual fall.

This is barely Rey's fight at all.
>>
>>69697169
But Luke would kick his ass and make for a boring film
He knows this and thinks it's funnier to watch Rey fight
Rey loses and the feminists are BTFO and Luke can laugh
Rey wins and Luke is praised as a great teacher who guided Rey to victory
win-win situation
>>
>>69696570
Same. But whenever I say this people act like I'm an idiot. I actually would venture to say it would be too dark for Star Wars (not counting the old EU) for Ren to die unredeemed at this point. In a way it would mean that all three of the original trio lose.
>>
>>69694320
>>69696497
It literally looks like he's directing the guy in the costume how to walk. The only autist is you.
>>
>>69692480
The look on the bald guy's face never gets old. It's so incredibly painful.
>>
>>69691967
This. They didn't explain shit well enough.

What is the Resistance resisting exactly? Why doesn't the Republic have it's own military? What the fuck is going on? Why were all of those planets like 200,000 km away from each other?

FUCK.
>>
>>69696469
>And why is this second film the one where the bad guys win again, like Empire Strikes Back?
That's how trilogies with a continuing story usually work, genius. Not saying this won't bea rehash of ESB but holy fuck, at least post some legitimate reasons for it.
>>
>>69693515
My thought exactly. Probably the only thing that the prequels had going for them was superior lightsaber battles. If you get Luke fighting like an actual Jedi, instead of that slow frotting you saw in the original series, then you might actually have something great.
>>
File: rebels who rebel.jpg (9 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
rebels who rebel.jpg
9 KB, 292x173
>>69691967
>I don't even know who is the resistance
They're the ones who resist.
>>
>>69694987
Jedi Master Luke was the best part of the old EU so I'm hype
>>
>>69696666
yeah, but does that make him a compelling antagonist? i didn't think so. i haven't rewatched the film since its release and have no desire to because i found a lot of the movie somewhat dull. i recall digging Boyega and a lot of the designs and stuff, but the Kylo character just didn't do it for me. i do hope this next one is a more worthy sequel.
>>
File: darth-vader-vs-obi-wan-o.gif (370 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-vs-obi-wan-o.gif
370 KB, 320x180
>>69697588
>instead of that slow frotting you saw in the original
Oh God. That's exactly what it was.
>>
>>69693467
>>69693198
Don't Kylo and Rey sound ooc?
>>
>>69697588
Found the literal child.

The Luke v. Vader fights in ESB and ROTJ each were more gripping than every lightsaber fight in the prequels put together.
>>
>>69697713
I lost my reaction folder, but if I still had it, I would post a picture of somebody laughing very hard.
>>
File: 1462943006244.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462943006244.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69698227
I got you familia
>>
>>69693198
>>69693467
Looking forward to luke action. The lightsaber fight at the end of TFA managed to redeem how anemic the run on the death-planet was, and then some.

The fight was fucking fantastic: Managed to look beautiful and fluid while still capturing the weight of the OT fights, without devolving into the mindless ninja-spin contest the prequels were.
>>
>>69698287
thank you, white knight
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>69693467
>Easily defeats the Knights of Ren

Then why has he been running like a bitch this entire time?
>>
>The New Order Strikes Back

Really? Jesus christ
>>
File: 9188642.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
9188642.png
138 KB, 350x350
I guess they couldn't resist.
>>
Should Disney have let fans write the story for the sequels? I know that's a potentially disastrous idea, but I know a lot of Star Wars fans who could put together an incredible, well-crafted story better than JewJew Abrams, Disney, and the like.
>>
>>69698204
>The Luke v. Vader fights in ESB and ROTJ each were more gripping
The ROTJ fight was okay. The ESB fight is fucking painful to watch. The only reason it's not the worst fight in the entire Star Wars universe is because the fight between Obi Wan and Vader in ANH exists.
>luke getting pelted with random objects by vader
>>
File: 1463598278164.jpg (20 KB, 369x433) Image search: [Google]
1463598278164.jpg
20 KB, 369x433
>>69698625
>>
>>69698637
This. Anyone who doesn't believe that the lightsaber fights in the prequels (particularly Maul v. Kenobi & Jinn, and Anakin v. Kenobi) are better than the fights in the originals are contrarian OTfags.
>>
>>69698637
>>69698769
Their context and content are just more interesting than those found in the prequels. They're more stage-y, but also avoid bloat and always manage to serve the story over being mere spectacle.
>>
I believe this fight is happening but none of the characters motivations makes sense. Why Luke wants rey to kill Kylo? Why is Rey so against to kill Kylo that she gets angry at Luke? And i really want to know why luke vanished if he can take all the knights of Ren one by one and defeat his nephew? Because he should had done this a long time ago
>>
>>69698637
>luke getting pelted with random objects by vader

I just watched that again on YouTube. I thought I had a gif of it, but I can't seem to find it. When Vader is just randomly throwing shit at Luke and Luke's swinging wildly in every direction, I lose it. It's just silly.
>>
>>69697518

I'm not 100% sure on it either. I think Leia hated the New Republic's politics/stance on the potential threat of the The First Order. Since Leia couldn't use the New Republic's resources and army/fleet against The First Order, she created a paramilitary/guerilla force under her guidance (to keep TFO in check?). I think the New Republic allowed her to carry on with a Minutemen-esque force because she's...well...Leia Organa.
>>
>>69698630
Of course, but here's why they won't.

If a fan wrote a Star Wars movie, it would be AMBITIOUS, and that's a big no-no with a multi billion dollar franchise.

You'll just have to wait as every other studio plans its' own Space Opera movies to compete. Then we'll get something good, hopefully.

Honestly ID2 looks very good, almost like a fa/tg/uy wrote it.
>>
>>69693210
It's not that it was a bad idea they were worrying about, it was the amount of work they had to do. Lucas was pushing technology and people to their limit with TPM. Then he pushed them even further with AOTC.
>>
>>69693467
>still has his green lightsaber
>threw it away when SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV started taunting him for being like vader

wut
>>
>>69699246
maybe he picked it back up
>>
File: poda.png (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
poda.png
39 KB, 200x200
>>69697588
>fighting like an actual Jedi, instead of that slow frotting you saw in the original series
>>
>>69698769
Luke v. Vader in ROTJ might not be as flashy as the preoquel fights, but god damn does it pack emotion.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk1qghsNiok
>>
>>69699246
the lightsaber was with him in the ROTJ final scene, wasn't it?
>>
>>69699326
>dragging 500 lb robodad to the hangar before the ship blows up
>"oh shit brb"
>>
>>69691916
WORST. TITLE. EVER

>I would have preferred "Knights of Ren"
>>
>>69699383
Is it possible to have a fight that packs emotions, but also is well choreographed and looks awesome?

Yes
>>
>>69699449
We have yet to see that.
>>
>>69699412
>500 lb robodad

KEK
>>
>>69699497
>We have yet to see that
Anakin vs. Obi-Wan in RotS. I get hype and feels watching that shizz
>>
>>69699614
Only if you watch it in Machete Order.. The fight is the culmination of the 4 movies before it
>>
>>69699246
I'm calling it, the Han Solo movie is the Quest for Luke's Lightsaber. Its the MacGuffin for a long series of misadventures, Han gives Luke his lightsaber at the end when he goes into hiding.
>>
>>69699708
No. The han solo movie is about young han.

Way to go fucking disney at such a pointless story when u could hav instead made a movie inbetween return and force to better explain how the empire got so advanced in only 30 years
>>
>>69692193

Empire Strikes Back is 10/10 of a title.
>>
>69696835
>Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absense, the sinister FIRST ORDER has arisen from the ashes of the Empire
>"Throughout the ages, evil has taken many forms: the Sith, the Empire, and now the First Order"

I fucking hate Maz's line btw. So now the Empire is part of some long battle against good and evil? What happened with the Empire from 1977 to 1999 who was just a typical dictatorial government but in space? Oh wait, now they're Evil's form #739.
>>
>>69698941
Agreed. Even if Luke wants Kylo dead, which is troubling on its own, why would he ask Rey to do it? Why not do it his damn self, it's his fallen padawan. And it seems like he's perfectly capable of handling the Knights of ren and Kylo, so what's he hiding for?

My original idea was that Luke exiled himself specifically so he wouldn't go dark side on Kylo. But if this leak is real, that's contradicted.

How the fuck does some observer know all of these context and motivation details anyways?
>>
>>69700104
>why would he ask Rey to do it
Maybe it's a test.
>>
>>69699905
People who disagree are evil anon.

Speaking of Maz, I checked out the TFA artbook from the library. They COMPLETELY fucked that shit up. Each and every decision concerning her just kept whittling down her character from a Romanian fortune teller to a Pinocchio knockoff.

That book was insightful, in that the production of TFA was the polar opposite of the Prequels. JJ was too much of a bitch to tell everyone "that's a bad idea". It was basically a nostalgia circlejerk that ended up in a retread of A New Hope.
>>
>>69698310
Too bad we already watched an useless, stupid lightsaber duel between a non-Force user and a random ducktrooper, and the final duel is between two unrelated characters who have just met.

PT fans will say "what about Obi-Wan's duel against Vader in Star Wars?", but they miss the point: neither Obi-Wan nor Vader are the main characters of the movie, and yet their duel has things going on: Vader betrayed the Jedi and killed Luke's father, and Obi-Wan's death reinforce Luke's support for the Rebellion.
Then Luke faces Vader, after Yavin IV and Hoth were evacuated, his friends having been chased and taken prisoners, and Obi-Wan being killed by Vader.
Then Luke faces again Vader, now this time knowing the truths and trying to redeem Vader.

What type of relation has Kylo Ren and Rey? Oh, Kylo Ren killed Han Solo, but why does Rey cares so much about Han anyway? I guess they tried to make a parallelism between Han-Rey and Obi-Wan-Luke (pottery), but Han and Rey doesn't interact at all in TFA. Obi-Wan saves Luke from the Sand People, takes him to his house, grants him his father's saber, talks about the Force, encourages him to go with him to Alderaan, takes him like a son when Luke's uncles are killed, and brieftly trained him in the Force.

What does Han do to Rey? He offers her a job... and that's it. Yet Kylo Ren exposits to us that Rey considers Han a fatherly figure.

So, no, the Kylo Ren-Rey duel is nowhere as good as the OT duels.
>>
>Remaking Empire Strikes Back

Which hand is Rey going to get cut off?
>>
>>69700484
My bet is Boyega's going to lose a limb or two instead.
>>
>>69700484
>>69700549
It's gonna be Kylo.
>>
>>69700104
Yes, my worst fears are coming true, they'll fuck up Luke's character, is already bad enough that he wants to kill Kylo but on top of that he wants Rey to do the dirty work? He is acting like a jedi from the PT. And i want a good reason to why he vanished if he clearly could stop kylo's madness
>>
>>69700484
that's not what a remake is

is there even a name for this? was TFA the first movie ever doing it?
>>
>>69700794
"Soft reboot"
>>
>>69700761
The whole thing may be a test/cave vision for Rey.
>>
File: 1463114135683.gif (1 MB, 390x206) Image search: [Google]
1463114135683.gif
1 MB, 390x206
Thats a terrible title and
>>69693198
>>69693467
leaks sound like hot garbage
>here are the elite jedi killers lead by token bad guy
>but lol they are all dispatched and dont have time to even live up to their name on screen
>pls buy their action figures and comic books that show them killing literally who jedis
>>
>>69700399
Maz, like Han, like Leia, like Poe, were completely irrelevant to the story. We didn't even have enough time to know anything about Maz's character. Remember Dexter Jesster? Maz is his TFA version.

Just in ESB, we are given enough info about Lando:
-Han doesn't trust him.
-Leia doesn't trust him.
-He govern an entire city.
-He appeared to be a tough character, but he was playing with Han.
-He is more hug-friendly and extrovert than Han.
-He has a strong sense of style and fashing, as he wears a cape.
-He is a womanizer, but in a gentleman way, unlike Han's more macho version.
-He cares about Han, even when he's forced to help the Imperials
-He ends up risking his life to save the heroes.
-He orders the evacuation of Cloud City.
-He gave jobs to thousands of people, in a city who was operating outside the Empire's watch

What does we know about Maz?
-She makes some jokes to Han about him and Chewbacca.
-She works as a weitress in her own cantina, which has a giant statue modelled after herself.
-She has Luke's saber unprotected, ready to be taken by a thief or touched by one of our protago... oh wait.
-She... I guess she doesn't care about anyone, because she didn't witness the destruction of the Hosnian system like everyone else, nor she helped evacuating the cantina.
-She has a cantina in the middle of nowhere... for no reason given...
-She gives Finn a lightsaber, and then disappears for the rest of the movie.

And people like TFA?
>>
>>69701011
>Maz
and she's going to be in the next movie for some reason while there is Luke who can give you any exposition about the Force.
>>
>>69700889
I don't know, this sounds like a really complex action scene to be only a vision and if this is a test, Luke is really a bad teacher and irresponsible, because Rey is clearly not ready to go against a 100%Kylo and she could get kidnapped again or killed
>>
>>69693467
>Knights of Ren
literally droids from TPM, Luke cuts through them like butter
>>
>>69700761
That's something it bugs me.
Why would Luke abandon anyone instead of defeating Kylo Ren when he was weaker?
Why did he give a map to Best Friend Ever Max Von Sidow? Why would he force people to look after him when things were really going bad?

And another topic... why is everyone treating the map as the real thing? Why aren't they considering it a trap?

Remember Star Wars? The Empire controls the galaxy, the Rebellion is a tiny force. The rebels didn't know whether they have the Death Star plans, but they stole them and studied because what else could they do?

Neither the Republic/Resistance nor the First Order are superpowers controlling the galaxy. What if the Resistance put a tracking device in BB8? So the space neonazis take it to Starkiller (I guess they take all their prisoners, even irrelevant ones, to Starkiller instead of to a nearby Star Destroyer). Bam, you have exposed your secret superweapon to your enemy.
>>
>>69701235
Yeah.
I liked the early views of the Force in SW and ESB as a magical power that everyone could use as long as they believed in it.

"You mean it controls your actions?"
"Partially, but it also obeys your commands"

So, Han can use a lightsaber, but since he's Han, he's never gonna be a Jedi.

Then in RotJ they made the Force blood-related... ugh.

And now Maz can sense the Force? What? Is shea Jedi? Oh wait, she says she's not a Jedi. So how does she know...

* Finn duels random ducktrooper *

Aw, fuck it.
>>
>>69701457
>hy would Luke abandon anyone instead of defeating Kylo Ren when he was weaker?
That wouldn't have solved the real problem - Snoke, I guess.
>>
>>69701952
but this still doesn't explain why luke would let kylo and his gang terrorize the galaxy in his absence, without Kylo snoke would get weaker
>>
Might as well title it:

Star Wars: The Bad Guys Win... This Time
>>
>>69699110
>pushing people past their limit with TPM
>then even further with AOTC

What the fuck? TPM didn't have as much CGI but there was nothing about it that would have pushed anyone "past their limits" if you compare it to something like Titanic or even Gladiator (just to compare to movies that came out around the same time). And AOTC was basically a CGI fest... what are you babbling about?
>>
>>69697518
It seems to be that the Republic for some reason disarmed itself and refused to stamp out the resurgent imperial regime (i.e. the First Order) so Leia broke off and formed a guerilla army in the style of the old Rebellion which now has the tacit approval of the New Republic.
>>
>>69697518
>that shot where the planets were in spitting distance of each other
>tfw Abrams did the same shit in Star Trek

Fucking please
>>
>>69703350
>disarm entire military

Why the fuck? That's ridiculous.

>>69703401
I actually felt retarded watching that scene.
>>
File: 1459884172038.png (397 KB, 464x481) Image search: [Google]
1459884172038.png
397 KB, 464x481
>>69702260
kek
>>
Daily Reminder Revan was never canon
Daily Reminder Revan is not canon
Daily Reminder Revan will never be canon
Daily Reminder there will never be an Old Republic movie
Daily Reminder Snoke is not Ezra
Daily Reminder Snoke is not Plagueis
Daily Reminder Ashoka will never be in a moive
Daily Reminder there is no canon but movie canon

Stay triggered, EU/NeoEU/Preuqelfags.
>>
>>69703251
>TPM didn't have as much CGI
Jar Jar was one of the first fully 3D characters in a major film. He also moved realistically and fluidly compared to characters in say Lost In Space. The practical effects and CG were beautifully merged in what people had never seen before. Very different in the scale from movies like Jurassic Park.

>compare it to something like Titanic or even Gladiator
Are you really comparing Titanic and Gladiator to Star Wars? They don't come close to scale to what Lucas was doing. It's not even the same league.

>AOTC was basically a CGI fest...
Absolutely incorrect.
http://makezine.com/2015/10/07/the-surprising-practical-effects-of-the-star-wars-prequels/

View some behind the scenes stuff. Lucas rode ILM to their breaking points and did things no one else had done. It opened the doors for future directions to follow.

>what are you babbling about?
That you memes arent as supreme as you believe.
>>
>>69703476
>Why the fuck? That's ridiculous.

I know right?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act
>>
File: 2015.png (64 KB, 168x234) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
64 KB, 168x234
>>69694356
What is that graph trying to show? It's almost like it's saying autism has no effect on intelligence. What difference would there be if you put "bald people" instead of autism?
>>
>>69703637
thank you based disney
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.