[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't be the only one who unironically likes this son
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
I can't be the only one who unironically likes this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmIcsr6Q8bU
>>
>>69660434
At least it's better than the Madonna song
>>
Remember when they had Radiohead record a song for this movie and then used this faggot's song instead?
>>
you know my name > writing's on the wall > skyfall >>>>>>>>>>> another way to die
>>
>>69660434

You like rushed shite.
>>
>>69660434
Bad song. Really boring and lame lyrics.
>>
>>69660434
of course not, you and all tumblr
>>
>>69660475

>At least it's better than the Madonna song

Fuck no it isn't and at least a REAL woman actually sang that, not some faggot trying in vain to hit notes he obviously can't sans an emergency castration.
>>
>>69660519
I'm a jack white fan and so are most of my friends, what is so bad about another way to die?
>>
>>69660434
I liked it , and the opening credits were the best since Maurice Binder died IMO
>>
>>69660434
I think it's great.
>>
>>69660519
ykmn> skyfall>awtd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that emotive forced shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VJcBYMOGk
>>
>>69660705
Madonna hasn't been a real woman since the mid 90s
>>
>>69660791
piece's bond was a mistake
>>
>>69660484

Cant believe he won a grammy, fucked up his own song AT the grammys and they DIDNT use the radiohead verison

Radioheads version is better in everyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sjxDXGY_f8
>>
>>69660434

It grew on me. Coulda been done better by another simger though, most appealing part of the song is the instrumentals
>>
>>69660886
why the octopus tho?
>>
>>69660434
Literally the worst Bond song for one of the best Bond films
>>
>>69660886
good. too good for the movie
>>
>>69660833

'no'
>>
>>69660733
Basically if it's not a ballad sung by a woman, or a rock song by a man, /tv/ hates it. You Know My Name is perfectly average and yet /tv/ circlejerks about how great it is. Another Way To Die and Writing's On The Wall are both very different, solid songs but /tv/ cries endlessly about both of them.
>>
>>69661252

t.Sam's boipussy cumdump
>>
>>69661348
Epin.
>>
>>69660434
There's a cover of it that I fucking adore. It's a female singer, and she nails everything about it better than Sam Harris.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgLfdZ9lfA

When I heard that, I realized the song itself isn't inherently bad, it's the fact that Sam Harris is awful as has no concept of tone.
>>
It becomes worse when the falsetto kicks in, the beginning is pretty good.
>>
File: 1463343269699.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463343269699.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>69661544
>Sam Harris
Also that woman has infinitely more annoying quirks in her singing than Smith.
>>
>>69660434

I think the song was a shitty bond song but the opening sequence and the song play very well together. liked it far more than I thought I would
>>
>>69660948
This, he nearly ruins it by the end. Adele would have done better.
>>
File: 1459785359352.jpg (100 KB, 848x474) Image search: [Google]
1459785359352.jpg
100 KB, 848x474
>>69660434
Nah I'm sure you and most 40 year old moms like the song
>>
>>69661670
Fuck oops, Sam Smith. My bad, brain fart.

But still, I disagree with that notion heavily. Her tone is consistent, and makes the switches seem natural and not obnoxious like Smith did. I hate his, but I love hers.
>>
>>69661544
>A cover by a nobody is so much better than the original

Fucking why
>>
>>69661783
>excessive vibrato at every possible moment
>separating and stressing syllables on random words for no reason
I've never been fond of the overall tone of Sam Smith's voice but his version is much cleaner, and to me much more pleasant.
>>
>le music on le television board
>>
This song is awful precisely because it's boring and safe.

Skyfall was pretty similar but I'll give it a pass because even though I don't actually like Adele she does still have a good voice, and Skyfall was supposed to be a celebration of Bond so having a song that imitates previous theme songs make sense.

With Spectre it just felt like they really wanted Radiohead to do the theme, but it played badly with test audiences or something so they had to make a last minute switch. "Who can we get to do the theme?" "That Sam Smith guy is really popular at the minute isn't he?" "Sign him up, and do it quick, we've only got like two weeks before we need to start making announcements!"
>>
>nothing will ever beat duran duran or a-ha
>>
>>69660484
>>69660886
It's not a bad song but can you actually imagine a 007 intro sequence with it? It wouldn't work at all. I can see why they didn't use this.
>>
>>69662428
The Living Daylights is such an underrated theme. /tv/ loves the Dalton films, but it never comes up when people are talking about the songs.
>>
>on plane a couple years ago
>looking through media panel or whatever it's called
>UP AND COMING ARTIST: SAM SMITH
>whiny cunt mumbling melancholy love song w/ generic tune
>holy fuck this is bad
a year later
>Sam Smith replaces Radiohead for new Bond movie!
>whiny cunt wailing melancholy, bomastic pop song w/ generic tune
>I haven’t listened to it <Radiohead version) personally because "I" did the Spectre theme song,” :^)

shit song, fuck him
>>
>>69662714
It would have been better than what we got. Oh well. In the end Radiohead kind of wins for not having to be associated with a shit movie.
>>
>>69662770
No one cares, Yorke.
>>
https://youtu.be/ofBiQpB8U7Y

Not entirely related but any reason to post The Postmarks.
>>
>>69662757
Eh, the song isn't too great, but the title sequence for TLD is Maurice Binder's best work by far

>dat woman in the martini glass
>>
>>69662770

>being this much of a rockist Radiohead dickrider

Stay Reddit fag
>>
>>69662085
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I honestly feel the opposite.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.