[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: twinpeakscacdas.jpg (434 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
twinpeakscacdas.jpg
434 KB, 1280x800
explain
>>
It just looks cool
>>
read a guide faggot

I still need to im still confused after years
>>
>>69652729
dream
have you ever dreamt, anonymous?
>>
Finished watching season 1, it was okay, am I better off just stopping here and reading the guides after
>>
File: mysteryinc.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mysteryinc.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 1449971205144.jpg (31 KB, 713x539) Image search: [Google]
1449971205144.jpg
31 KB, 713x539
>>69652729
>>
>>69653426
Second season starts good, then it goes downhill into a shitty soap opera, then has a great final episode.
>>
>reading a guide

are you faggots serious? what in the fuck
>>
>>69652729
it is dream logic, sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't. the neat thing about dreams is that they straddle the line between making sense and being completely mysterious. Lynch often just goes for unexplained mystery, and you should not need to have everything rationalized and explained, put in nice little boxes with categories for you. life is sometimes a mystery.
>>
File: 1428541491398.jpg (313 KB, 1158x585) Image search: [Google]
1428541491398.jpg
313 KB, 1158x585
It was the first television serial to put heavy emphasis on dreams, hallucinations, the subconscious, as well as the paranormal. Plot points were centered around strange occurrences (such as dreams about giants and traveling to parallel dimensions) rather than typical interaction between characters.

The show can attribute much of its success to its aesthetics, David Lynch put these odd ideas into an easily accessible packaging, an exaggerated soap opera and a familiar "who done it" type mystery, with crazy unexpected and unfamiliar shit just beneath the surface. People's minds were blown. It broke boundaries as to what was considered acceptable in television at the time and basically proved strange shit was marketable.

Without Twin Peaks, we wouldn't have any of the great TV we have today

also this:
>>69653085
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.