[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, let's get some objective facts out of the way.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Raimi Spiderman films.jpg (107 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
Raimi Spiderman films.jpg
107 KB, 1200x500
Alright, let's get some objective facts out of the way.

The MCU Spider-Man films will NEVER be as good as the Raimi ones.

For one thing, his costume was leaps and pounds better. Pic related.

Second, there is absolutely no way that the MCU's versions of Aunt May, Uncle Ben, and J Jonah Jameson will be as good as the Raimi versions. That's irrefutable.

It's also very unlikely (though slightly possible) that the MCU will be able to top his versions of Norman Osborn, Otto Octavius, and Sandman either.

His action sequences will not be topped. MCU has good action but they lack the same vision. Same applies to the cinematography. Spider-Man 2 still looks visually great.

This version of Spidey won't be as vulnerable and human either. Name one scene in the MCU as brutal as the final fight with the goblin. You can't.

Literally the only thing better in this version is that Peter Parker is closer to the comics and is a dorkier kid. That is it.

> b-b-but he has mechanical web shooters now!

Nobody gives a fuck. Why shouldn't Peter have organic web shooters? You mean he got every spider ability except that one? Makes no sense.

> b-b-but Tobey cried all the time!

yeah because his friends and families were dying. Unlike 4channers, he is not autistic and has actual emotions

Refute any of these arguments, I dare you.
>>
>>69619726
You're right, but at least they'll be better than the Webb ones
>>
>>69619726
nostalgia goggles.webm
>>
Yeah, you're right. But the Raimi Spiderman movies are some of the greatest superhero movies ever, so it's not a tragedy that the new one will fall short.
>>
>>69619810
> critically acclaimed movies
> massively successful
> made huge impact on pop culture and the film industry
> talked about more than the reboot films that followed

yeah you're right you can only like these movies because of nostalgia.
>>
>>69619726
none of that is objective and almost all of it is speculative. but anyways enjoy pissing your pants over capeshit you human hotpocket
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 960x960
When most of this is just opinions and not even trying to justify them with evidence
>>
Your post reeks of the movie being your introduction to Spider-Man and therefor defining him for you. Spider-Man has been a character since the 60s, he's been more well written in comics than in any of the five movies, it wont be difficult to top them by adapting good stories. Try opening your mind to new ideas instead of challenging other people to "refute" your opinions when its clear you have no interest in changing them.
>>
>>69620251
Because if there's one thing the MCU is known for it's the amazing writing?
>>
>>69620282
That has nothing to do with anything I said. Jesus christ, you cant stop trying to be argumentative for one second. Grow up, its a fucking superhero movie.
>>
>>69619726
the tobey crying argument is complete horseshit and anyone with a brain knows it. we know he's kind of a dork and he's not too happy with his life, and beloved family members start dying and other terrible things happen to him. No one who wants to watch good movies makes the crying argument.They're all macho dipshits who think crying is for pussies and won't admit that they've done it themselves because they're insecure as fuck. I agree with you, OP. The mechanical web shooters are only an improvement if you're obsessed with the comics and doesn't matter. One of the interesting things Raimi did was make the web shooting a part of his transformation. I need to rewatch these movies soon, even 3.
>>
>>69619978
>>69620014
How?

The point about the costume may be subjective but are you saying me the new halloween costume tops the one in the picture?

Aunt May and Uncle Ben were amazingly warm and had great acting. And everyone loves JK Simmons.

I admitted that Marvel might do the villains as well or better, but Willem Dafoe was so great, and Raimi made Doc Ock scary as fuck. Remember the scene in the surgery room? Also, the scene where Sandman first forms was beautiful.

And what action sequences in the MCU would you say tops any of Raimi's?

The point about vulnerability is irrefutable because Marvel won't let heroes take too much of a beating.
>>
Raimi just came from a different time, most of that stuff wouldnt work in film now anyways.
>>
I love them both. And fuck Webb and Garfield, btw.
>>
>>69620518
Because auteurs arent allowed near capeshit anymore, for the most part
>>
>>69619726
You were hitting a couple good points and then you brought up the fucking webshooters so I am left with nothing more than to call you a total faggot
>>
>>69619726
>leaps and pounds
>>
File: 1454305849618.jpg (36 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
1454305849618.jpg
36 KB, 550x367
>>69619726
>objective
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.