[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching Troy (2004) >look it up on wikipedia >realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: 1460839454040.jpg (78 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
1460839454040.jpg
78 KB, 570x428
>watching Troy (2004)
>look it up on wikipedia
>realize that the Trojan war never actually happened

I genuinely didn't know that
>>
It did though
>>
>>69619719
nuh uh
>>
>>69619762
There is evidence of a buried city right where Troy supposed to have existed.Might have existed. Unfortunately Dionysus, Achilles and the other guys were not real. So it's still up for debate.
>>
>>69619957
How do u know they didn't exist.. You cannot prove it.
>>
>>69619957
>Achilles was not real
Source?
>>
>People actually believe the trojans built a horse out of wood and stuffed some soldiers in it to offer to their enemy
>>
>>69620426
Proove to me they didn't
>>
>>69620426
the Greeks built the horse (according to legend) to get into Troy
jesus christ
>>
Honestly its possible achilles existed not as the demigid he is portayed as in the iliad but just as an amazing warrior.
>>
>>69620207
>Achilles is real
>Literally made up by the same guy that made up Atlantis.
>>
>>69620426
Probably the only thing not real
>>
>>69620002
Disprove it faggot. You're the one making the claim.
>>
>>69620740
>Homer
>Platon

>Atlantis
>made up

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>69620740

>atlantis
>not real

Next you'll tell me Atlanta isn't real either
>>
>>69620740
Plato made up Atlantis. Homer wrote about Achilles but he was not the first person to make up that legend. The Trojan war oral history and many Greeks believed it was real.
>>
>>69620804
>believed
I swear there is nothing more annoying than reditors stouting around with their half-knowledge trying to look smart
>>
>>69620889
What did I say that was wrong?
>>
>>69619695
It was real and we know the factions involved, the characters may or may not have been based around real people and of course, being an epic poem they gave them extraordinary abilities.
>>
>>69620804
>Homer wrote about Achilles but he was not the first person to make up that legend
>The Trojan war oral history and many Greeks believed it was real [implying it's not]
It's not about what you write it's this buttfucking enraging posting style where you take some common knowledge and reveal it as a great secret only you know and then add up some half-truths to seem smart and get a lot of upvotes.
Just fuck off of here you stupid pretentious cunt nobody wants you here take that shit for your fan theory about GoT or Inception or whatever.
>>
Not only did the Trojan War happen, but it was part of a conflict of such scale that historians call it Works War 0.

It wiped out at least one major civilization. The "sea people", which lived in western turkey / eastern greece.
>>
>>69621186
My """posting style""" is normal m8, I didn't phrase it to sound like a secret. Your autism has made you read into my posts in a bizarre way.
>>
>>69621263
>Works War 0

World War 0*
>>
>>69621263
the sea peoples didnt get wiped out by the trojan war
they raided egypt for a long ass time but almost nothing is known about them
>>
>>69621312

A more recent theory is that the Trojan War was a catalyst of their disappearance
>>
>>69621277
No you're a redditor. Piss off to your GoT thread.
>>
>>69621392
lmao never watched GoT in my life autismo. Did somebody make you feel bad in another thread so you're taking it out here?
>>
>research the Trojan war
>no mention of Trojan Man and his conquests

Really, history?
>>
>>69621347
Sea people were still around during Rome weren't they?

According to the legend Aeneas and some of his people fled troy during it 's destruction and founded Rome, if we take this time line seriously it makes no sense that the sea people were wiped during the trojan war.
>>
>>69621584
Aeneas' myth is one I would discount, it was wrotten long after the iliad, and was probably more of a story written for Roman pride as opposed to history
>>
>>69620426
>Trojans
>built the Trojan Horse
>not the Greeks

Holy shit fucking idiots are actually agreeing with this dumbass who thinks the Trojans attacked the Greeks
>>
>>69620426
>Teojans built the horse

Anon, time for bed, you have school in the morning.
>>
>>69621584
Even if that were true
>pro tip, it's a myth
The founding of the city of Rome was many centuries before Rome became relevant to the rest of the works. Sea people who basically be extinct by that point.
>>
But the Trojan War did happen. Maybe you've heard of a book called the Iliad. The existence of Achilles is the only thing even debatable.
>>
>>69619695
Like most events in antiquity, it was probably inspired by real events, but the legend became the history over time. There is evidence to suggest there was a Trojan war, but we don't know any of the details. Probably didn't go down the way Homer said it did.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x456
>>69621263
>Sea people

Fucking Aqua-Man!
>>
>>69621263
I thought the sea people were the ones who fucked everyone up.
>>
>>69621263
>historians call it World War 0
that would be the Seven Years War you retarded mongrel
>>
>>69624298
Thats WW.V
>>
>>69624298
>Implying it's not the Finnish-Korean Hyper War

Fucking ignorant shit
>>
>>69624298
Bringing slaves over from Africa to North America was the slaves World War 0.
>>
>>69619695
No, Troy was real and was located in modern day Turkey and there really was a war where the Greeks invaded it and beat the Trojans. That's about all we know for certain though.
>>
>>69624387
Nokia vs. Samsung?
>>
File: 1396649936001.jpg (10 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1396649936001.jpg
10 KB, 200x189
>Watching the vvitch
>Look it up on wikipedia
>Americans actually exist and act like that
>>
>>69624785
If /pol/ had their way we'd all be acting like that
>>
>>69624603
They never found Troy, nor its gate for that matter.
>>
>>69624494
da truf right der
>>
>>69619695

it didn't.

It's a story passed down.
>>
>>69624785
>European citizens act like retards in a foreign country
fixed that for you
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.