[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone is so sure that the R+L=J theory makes so much sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 728x728
Everyone is so sure that the R+L=J theory makes so much sense that it's all but canon amongst casuals.

However, they are dismissing one piece of evidence that completely destroys their little theory: Jon doesn't have Targaryen hair.

In the first book/season, Ned is going through the history of royal lineages and comes across a curious thing; all Starks have brunette hair, all Targaryens have platinum blonde hair, all Baratheons have pitch black hair, and all Lannisters have golden blonde hair.

Ned puts two and two together and realizes that Cercei's children are not Robert's and therefore have no claim to the throne. So sure is Ned of this that he dies for because of it.

Because of the above, the R+L=J theory can be easily dismissed but also a new possibility arises: if Jon is not Rhaegar's son, he is Robert's
>>
>>69616718
That dude has some rockin fuckin hair though. Maybe he styles it with some type of snow shit. Maybe Viper is his daddy. I bet Viper is because they're both handsome fuckin dudes.
>>
>Ned and Robert fucked

Makes sense
>>
File: 1419141413243.jpg (108 KB, 628x478) Image search: [Google]
1419141413243.jpg
108 KB, 628x478
Yeah I don't know man, it's the most likely scenario. Ned walks in on Lyanna giving birth to Jon in the Tower of Joy and tells him to promise to keep him safe or whatever.

Maybe the Stark genes overpowered the Targaryen ones in this case.
>>
>>69616718
>all Baratheons have pitch black hair,
Ned doesn't understand genetics and it is a little more complicated than dark hair dominant.
>>
>>69616784

Viper?
>>
>>69617104
Man with smushed head
>>
Please do not dismiss my theory so hastily, brothers of the chan.

I know my new theory is bold and controversial, but you must consider the facts: Robert was obsessed with Lyanna, he was also a man used to getting what he wanted, when he wanted, and would not hesitate taking it by force.

Is it then so outrageous to theorize that Robert took Lyanna by force and impregnated her with Jon?
>>
>>69616718
>What is genetics
>What is a dominant allele
>>
>>69617151

That makes sense

Thought you meant his irl dad was Viper my man
>>
if you read the books youll find that baratheons share almost as much original targ blood as the current targaryens. Plus jon isnt meant to only use his targaryen lineage but his stark warging powers also. He will be the master of the ice dragon that sleeps below the wall
>>
Not all Targs have white hair. Besides, why would Lyanna have Ned promised her (make her son be identified or something) if it's so obvious?

Besides where Ellaria was weak, Lyanna was an opposite. They always talk about the strength of seeds and its not impossible with Lyanna's to be dominant
>>
>showfagging
>>
>>69616718
black hair is dominant u retard
>>
>>69616718
Targs inbred so they could keep their valyrian features stark genes>targ genes
>>
>>69617037
>>69617202
>>69617313
>>69617576
>>69617705

My brothers, I understand your concerns but you are forgetting that neither Rhaegar nor Lyanna had black hair.

Where then does the black hair come from?
>>
File: fags.png (2 MB, 1677x965) Image search: [Google]
fags.png
2 MB, 1677x965
>seriously discussing Game of Plebs
>>
>>69618086
Jon has dark brown hair, like all Starks, in the books. The TV show is terrible for hair color consistency. The Lannisters haven't been blonde since season 1.
>>
>>69618086
Because casting
In the books he has brown hair and grey eyes which Lyanna also had
>>
>>69616718

>All Starks have brunette hair

Sansa is described as a red-head in the books, right?
>>
>>69616718
yeah and sansa has red hair so does ned think shes not his kid either?
>>
>>69618143
Tully features
This isnt hard people
Some times people get their mothers features
Its not an exact science nor is it something to bemoan when there is a lot worse in the cluster fuck that is Dan and dabids awful fanfic
>>
>>69616718
First of all, fantasy genetics that make no sense.
Second, what Ned found was that Baratheon always created a dark haired offspring even when one parent was fair haired.

Why is that proof of anything when Robert grandmother was a Targ (probably with blonde hair), which would probably "weaken" the blood for the next generations in this fantasy retarded genetic lore I don't know.

But Targs can be dark, as we see with Rhaenys (sp?), daughter of Rhaegar and Elia Martell.
>>
File: image.jpg (287 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287 KB, 1280x720
>>69616718
Howland Reed was there too and we all know that he knows magic, in order to disguise the true bloodline of Jon (and his twin sister Meera) he used magic to change their hair and eye color (Howland and Ned each took a kid.)
>>
>>69617313
>Besides where Ellaria was weak, Lyanna was an opposite.

Yet one could carry two pregnancies while the other died in a bloodied bed. Irony
>>
>>69616718
Light colored hair is always recessive, so it's obvious the hair would be dark
>>
>>69616718
so Baelor Breakspear and Duncan the Small weren't legitimate? Yeah nah nigga

Jun Snurr is Rhaegar's get but knowing gurm he'll get buttmad because everyone knows it and just bait and switch and make him Brandon and Ashara Dayne's kid
>>
>>69616718
Targs interbred... R+L=J involves a Stark..
>>
>>69616718

Ned fucked Lyanna

Lyanna promised Ned not to tell Robert because essentially they overthrew the royal family under false pretenses and there was actually no need to do so because Robert was just a jealous cunt.

Why else do you think he's told thousands of times "You look like a Stark"?
>>
>riding home on the train Sunday night
>three teenage boys sit across from me
>all talking excitedly about GoT
>never read the books
>what are books?
> no wikifags either
>they are hyper and talking fast
>like they are hopped up on cocaine and red bull
> no this is just hype for the show

I am of and live with spergy geeks all enmeshed in the book fandom, so this is kindof fun to listen to

> "hey hey hey so like I was talking to these guys we watched last season with and they know who Jon Snow's mom is"
>"It's so brilliant nobody will see it coming"
> "see like Catelyn Stark's sister was married to that Jon Arryn guy..."
> "you know that Stark guy that died in episode one?"
>"...but she disappeared for awhile and it was because she had a baby with, with uh, a Targaryen dude"
>"Khaleesi's brother?"
>"nooooo like an old Targaryen dude, the other Targaryen dude"
> "Oooooh, yeah I remember him with the ravens"
> "Dude that is awesome"
> "So Jon is half Targaryen and half Stark"

There you have it, folks.

Lysa + Aemon = Jon
>>
Nah he is atargaryeon. Just because the theory is known by everyone because if the internet doesn't negate it's perfect fit. Stop trying to be contrarian
>>
>>69619805
fucking nailed it
>>
>>69616718
Jon is the bastard of Ned and a tavern girl.
>>
>>69619423
>Why else do you think he's told thousands of times "You look like a Stark"?

Because everyone thinks his father is Ned? And either it's Ned or Lyanna, both starks.

Your theory is 100% retarded and not based on anything. Starks don't fuck each other, that's for targs and lannisters
>>
>people don't understand genetics
>>
File: 1447622528116.gif (2 MB, 320x165) Image search: [Google]
1447622528116.gif
2 MB, 320x165
>>69616718
Threadly reminder that Lyanna Stark gave birth to twins.

>Jon (Ice)
>Dany (Fire)
>>
>>69619805
>>69619881

Just imagine the implications

> Ned was reluctant to tell Jon because he knew Lysa was crazy

> It adds another twist to Catelyn's hatred of Jon

> Jon avenges his mother by killing Littlefinger

> Jon's parentage can be revealed when Sam gives him a letter from Maester Aemon, explaining everything

> He was encouraged to join the Watch not to ensure inheritance for Robb, buit to reunite him with his true father

it fits
>>
>>69616718
I'm sorry, but I still think Ashara Dayne is Jons mom and Ned the father. If Ned wasn't the father he would have told his wife about Jon's parents and why he must raise him(he's still family and it was a promise he made to his sister). However, Ned doesn't tell her shit and she hates him to the point that his life becomes miserable with her around. Ashara was the mom and she killed herself when she found out that the man she had a child with killed her brother and was marrying a different women.
>>
File: toofarboner.jpg (8 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
toofarboner.jpg
8 KB, 223x200
>>69619805

Lysa would have been a teenager

Aemon would have been in his eighties
>>
>>69618143

Sansa, Robb, Bran, and Rickon are all gingers in the books

Only Arya and Job are dark
>>
>>69616718
>all Starks have brunette hair, all Targaryens have platinum blonde hair

Because TARGARYEN WERE INBRED FUCKS
>>
>>69620715

*Jon.

fuckin autocorrect
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.