[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>For an unknown reason, in the late 1960s, Sobel tried to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: tve15492-4-1365.gif (38 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tve15492-4-1365.gif
38 KB, 320x240
>For an unknown reason, in the late 1960s, Sobel tried to commit suicide by shooting himself through his temple, but the shot only severed his optic nerves, blinding him for life. He was later moved to a VA assisted-living home, and resided there for 17 years, before dying of malnutrition in 1987. No funeral was held.
>>
Apparently the best way to kill yourself by gunshot is through the roof of your mouth.
>>
Bugger.
>>
I wonder why they didn't put that in the "Points" epilogue.
>>
Can't even kill himself properly.
>>
>>69319190
I've long thought about "how" I'd kill myself and the big one is a .44 or larger round through the temple but then I remember I'm a coward and my life is a dream compared to most so it's just like masturbatory thoughts.
>>
>>69319251

Shoot yourself on a high ledge. If the bullet won't kill you the fall will. That's how my brother killed himself.
>>
>>69319190
There are specific pills that will kill you in your sleep but they are very difficult to obtain except in thailand and a few other third world countries.
>>
>>69319251
http://imgur.com/a/Z5mEB
>>
>>69319251
A large caliber bullet like a. 44 will just go through your skull and you'll have a chance at survival. Get a cheaper 9mm or. 22, those will stay in your skull and get the job done.
>>
>>69319251

I think the "pros" are that if the gun is in your mouth it's pretty much aimed at all of the essential parts of your brain, and your mouth/cheeks will keep the gun aligned (if you jerk the gun to a side because of the adrenaline and emotion). Aiming it in another fashion leaves a lot of potential to survive, I guess.
>>
Something about him makes me feel very sad. I realize all the company hated him and he was shit.

I dunno I just want people to succeed
>>
File: image.png (223 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223 KB, 500x468
>>69319352

I just cleared my phone of most reaction images, so I don't have the exact one I need for how I'm feeling about this. I'm thinking like 60% shock, 40% feels.

This will have to do.
>>
>>69319352
>eight shotgun shells during simultaneously into your head
I assume he got a strap so the recoil wouldn't blow the helmet off his head. Still, goddamn that's brutal. Pretty much turning your head into soup at that point
>>
>>69319362
a .22 short will penetrate your skull on entry, but not have enough power to exit, it will bounce around and turn your brain to soup. a .22L might still have enough power to exit the other side of your skull. id go with a 12 guage in the mouth, just make sure you angle it right.
but please dont kill yourself, im sure there are people who care for you and it would hurt. maybe call a help line, or talk to a family member/friend
>>
>>69319527
The captions suggested the shell placements were deliberate, maybe he was trying to destroy the thickest parts of his skull, turn his whole head into mist while the helmet flys off.
>>
>>69319570
Guy you replied to here, I didn't know I implied I wanted to kill myself.
But you're right, that's the only reason I don't off myself, why do they have to love me man? I know people suffer from stuff far worse than me, and they don't even think of suicide, but I can't help feeling like it's the only solution. My future just doesn't seem bright man.

Sorry for the attention whoring anons, I know this thread or board isn't for that, I just wanted to vent a little
>>
>>69319341
What are they called?
>>
File: 1423096699207.gif (1 MB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
1423096699207.gif
1 MB, 220x180
>>69319093
>>
>>69319251
Helium m8. Painless, you just fall asleep and don't wake up.
>>
>>69319093
Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
>>
>>69320010
If that's serious shit, I now how you fell bro. I've been there. Talk to a trustful person and look for help. Psychotherapy.
I suggest you try something like philanthropy. By helping other people's lifes ,you will surely find a meaning for
yours
>>
File: 12gauge.gif (86 KB, 513x355) Image search: [Google]
12gauge.gif
86 KB, 513x355
>>69319251
>>69319362
>>69319570
>Bullets
>>
>>69319373

well Nix got it and others probably begrudgingly got it too, maybe not until post-war

if you're going to war you can't be sissy fucking bitch bothered about having orders shouted at you. sobel molded successful soldiers.
>>
>>69319373
I read somewhere that some of the men he trained said the only reason they survived the war was because he was such a hardass with them.
>>
>>69322293
They should have mentioned that in the series desu.
>>
>>69322436
Well they got a few things wrong and omitted some things, Sobel went on to fight in the Korean War, Winters friends buddy (can't remember his name) was not killed by the MPs, he went home and took over the family business and Speirs was given command of the Spandau Prison that held all the top Nazi war criminals (Albert Speer hated his guts)
>>
>>69319206
no shit. it would have been a jaw-dropper
>>
File: 1u2Xb8T.png (306 KB, 428x508) Image search: [Google]
1u2Xb8T.png
306 KB, 428x508
Sobel was a hero, he was like fletcher in whiplash, just without the personal skill he wanted in others.
>>
>>69319570
that .22 factoid is actually a meme and not very true
>>
>>69319362

>A large caliber bullet like a. 44 will just go through your skull and you'll have a chance at survival

TOP KEK

TOP TROLL

TOP SHITSPITTER

A .44 at point-blank range will blow your entire fucking head off. NO ONE can survive a .44 caliber bullet to the head at close range. I don't give a shit if you have a titanium plate in your skull, you are fucking dying.
>>
>>69320657
cyanide pills
>>
What about two quick shots in the heart, and one in the head to finish it off?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.