[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you like this shit, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: Civil-War-International-Poster.jpg (184 KB, 540x765) Image search: [Google]
Civil-War-International-Poster.jpg
184 KB, 540x765
If you like this shit, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>69303171
Ok.
>>
'no'
>>
File: 1433127646919.webm (848 KB, 494x408) Image search: [Google]
1433127646919.webm
848 KB, 494x408
>>69303171
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 217x219) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 217x219
Dishonest low-IQ flick lovers. Always pickin dumbass scrub joints, I don't even know why I'm watching with you you ain't even close to my level. You know what, get that ass banned.
>>
File: OI BRUV.jpg (15 KB, 256x335) Image search: [Google]
OI BRUV.jpg
15 KB, 256x335
YOU'VE RUINED MAH LIFE!
>>
You should write a long manifesto and kill yourself in a public place, OP. It's the only way your message will be heard. I think people will really think twice about seeing bad movies then.
>>
>>69303171

>german poster
>says the first avenger instead of "captain america"

So..........why? is the word america so fucking trashy in yurop?
>>
>>69304032
>Europe
The whole world
>>
>>69304080

Yeah no, I checked the poster here and it says "captain america: civil war"

Its clearly a germany or europe only deal
>>
>>69304314
and South Korea
>>
The Marvel Cinematic Universe fanbase is full of generic cunts who try to seem quirky and unique by identifying heavily with a slightly offbeat fandom "But wait, that's actually incredibly mainstream and not offbeat at all!" you say. And you're right. But actual offbeat things don't give as much 'nerd' cred, and these things have more creative value than reality TV so people on Tumblr can make posts such as "Why are all girls nowadays such idiots who watch Twilight? I'm very unique because I like nerdy intelligent stuff like Iron Man 3, and I like quirky men like Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo teehee, look at this repeating gif of 0.5 seconds of Loki doing a thing with his face and a theory about how all the Marvel movies are connected and Thanos is going to collect all the Infinity Gems except in the movies none of them are really "gems" at all and here is some fanart of all the Avengers gender swapped and with less sexist costumes and they all have the exact same fucking face with that bulbous red nose also did you know that I am a girl who likes superheroes I know it's hard to believe but it is true I AM AN AVENGERS look at this gif of Tony Stark raising his eyebrow, anyway The Avengers is sexist because Black Widow's costume is too tight and unrealistic for a special agent so here is a redesign of her in figure hiding combat fatigues because I am progressive. Does anyone else think that Hulk and Iron Man would make a good couple? TEE HEE I LOVE GAYS BECAUSE I AM SO TOTALLY NOT HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH I TREAT GAYS AS AN AMUSING NOVELTY Rocket Raccoon for president!"
>>
File: 1450804926247.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1450804926247.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>69303171
>cinematic IQ
>>
>>69304457
holy
>>
>>69304080
>>69304314
Spain here, the titles have always been ''Capitan America''.
>>
>>69304457
holy fuck kek
>>
>>69304418

It seems they went with this in all countries that hate america........which are coincidentally countries america saved from getting buttfucked by commies

Ironic...
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.
>>
>>69303171
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
MOMS
>>
File: 1462551499481[1].jpg (33 KB, 296x278) Image search: [Google]
1462551499481[1].jpg
33 KB, 296x278
>>69173372
>>69173402
>>69173428
>>69173498
>>69173540
>>
>>69304807
Armond's opinion on popular movies depends on it's reception.
>>
File: movie_image.jpg (3 MB, 1978x2835) Image search: [Google]
movie_image.jpg
3 MB, 1978x2835
>>69304418
why are you lying?
>>
File: 1448565885993.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448565885993.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
>>69303296
>>
>>69304929
>yang ying chong chung

Also, how the fuck did they translate names.
>>
>>69304457

>used to want more chicks to get into this shit because I was tired of pretending to be a normalfag

>eventually it happens but it turns out exactly as that

>most of these bitches are have shit-tier looks, are fat as fuck or closeted dykes

>at least before I didn't have to stand these dumb bitches encroaching into my hobbies

Welp...
>>
File: 1460580764629.jpg (94 KB, 404x400) Image search: [Google]
1460580764629.jpg
94 KB, 404x400
>>69303296
>>69304992
>>
File: 1462502628310.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462502628310.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>69305030
>most of these bitches are have
>>
>>69304929
Literally says: Kaeb tin ngoe meo ri ka si bil weo
>>
>>69305105

Yeah my bad I changed the original message and forgot about that 'are' there
>>
File: 1461761861666.png (136 KB, 247x253) Image search: [Google]
1461761861666.png
136 KB, 247x253
I have never seen a group of people as ass-blasted as DC fans on /tv/.

Wow.

It's hilarious seeing human beings literally breaking down into infants, crying and screaming.
>>
>>69303171
>If you like this shit, you have a low cinematic IQ,

Are you saying you liked this film?
>>
>>69305335

>be shill of shitty comic book movie company B

>be paid fractions of a cent to talk shit about comic book movie company A movies in some dumb cantonese imageboard

>assuming we're fans of comic book movie company A

>not knowing we hate all the capeshit of the last few years

Get rekt scrub
>>
File: 13483247832938.jpg (482 KB, 1408x3332) Image search: [Google]
13483247832938.jpg
482 KB, 1408x3332
Reminder
>>
>>69304807

>the race/sex struggles of The Matrix (1999)

Wut? it was humans against machines...
>>
Who said Marvel films don't spawn memes?
Their entire fanbase is a meme.
>>
>marveldrones
>>
>>69305494
I love how my post where I scored 140 and called BvS a piece of shit is conspicuously absent
>>
>>69307837
you must have gotten lucky on the test. Marvel and MCUcks have the devil's luck.
>>
>>69306483
>everything I don't like is a meme
>>
>>69307907
Sure, it's "luck". Same can be said for the other posts, considering there's no limit to how many times you could take the test, and each question only had 6 choices. It wouldn't have taken long to continuously go through until the test taker achieved a high score. But who would do that?
Probably the same people who believe there's a deeper meaning to a movie for children about two CGI, cape-wearing blobs ramming into each other.
>>
>>69308066
>But who would do that?

certainly no one here would be so autistic
>>
>>69308230
thatsthejoke.flac
>>
>>69306132

did you like captain america civil war?

pls respond
>>
Hello all,

What was Captain America's character arc in his movie?

Thanks
>>
>>69309190
>What was Captain America's character arc in his movie?

fighting not for his personal beliefs and trying to save his best friend's life, see, sometimes it's not about what the character does for themselves but for others.

But I suppose that's too simple a concept you need jesus imagery and homages to better movies crammed down your throat.
>>
>>69309190

You know who had an arc? Noah
>>
>>69303171
>Darkman/Spider-Man, Blade 2/Hellboy or Bird's The Incredibles
>meaningful and relevant themes
It's Batman Returns by the way...
>>
File: 1458721525409.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458721525409.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>69303171
Stay mad faggot
>>
>>69309277
>fighting not for his personal beliefs and trying to save his best friend's life
they didn't contradict
>>
>>69305476
>WE
"OMG WE'RE LEGION"
>>
>>69309849

forgot a JUST in there.
>>
>>69309849
tony had an arc, panther had an arc. The villain was actually good (something marvel has struggled with). It avoided the trope of super soldier army waking up for huge doomsday esque fight. Actually fuck that captain did have an arc. He decided where his priorities lied and ultimately gave up being captain murca all together
>>
>>69310018
>The villain was actually good
ah yes, zero characterisation minus a last minute exposition dump

very impressive
>>
>>69309277
Can you rephrase answer? I cant read your post
>>
>>69310182
better than captain blue man nobody can name from gueadians, or captian blue man nobody can name from thor 2. or elrond
>>
>>69310182

I'm sorry he didn't eat any jolly ranchers and piss in jars.
>>
>>69310226

I don't care.
>>
>>69303383
Can I write a short manifesto and kill myself in a private place instead?
>>
>>69310269
Not that Anon but i have to ask, why is it that when someone say "X sucks" most of you guys go "Yeah, Y sucks"? Honestly curious, i mean, some times there's not even a hint that said person likes the other thing.
>>
>>69304314
Germany here, it's not uncommon. Winter Soldier is called "The Return of the First Avenger". I don't know why. But most title translations are beyond shitty here, and often they make no sense at all, especially when they just change it from english to different english.
>>
>>69304314
Brazil here, still Captain America.
>>
I think that on a yearly basis you spend more time being annoyed by people watching these movies than the time I do watching them. That's pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>69310269
GOT EEM
>>
The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.