[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If she was the only one clean of sin through out the movie why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: TheWitch.jpg (738 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
TheWitch.jpg
738 KB, 1920x1440
If she was the only one clean of sin through out the movie why did she turn to sin at the end?

Were the others actually damned for sins or was that just the explanation and excuse they used to convince themselves that what was happening had a purpose?

Also fuck pleb reviewers man. Every review said this movie was slow and I just dont fucking get that. It was a tight 90 minutes with no filler and mind boggling shit happening at every given moment. How the fuck is this a slow movie?
>>
>user score that low

So this is the power of capeshit viewers... whoh
>>
>>69298676
Not enough explosions
>>
Satan is just out for tight young pussy. The others were simply in the way of him getting it.
>>
Movies about "sin" are usually pretty shitty.
>>
>>69298802
Well I'm sorry to hear that
>>
>>69298802
It's not about sin, it's about deeply religious people and there attempt to deal with travesty. It reminded me a lot of A Serious Man in that respect.
>>
>>69298676
people mistaked a slow movie for constantly being confused and annoyed because they cant understand the dialogue
>>
Thomasin wasn't clean of sin.
>>
wenger out
>>
>>69298676
Some of the dialogue just went on for too long in particular scenes, I'd say about 3 scenes. Long slow-zoom shots that felt superfluous, and I'm saying that as someone who really liked the movie.

I'm no reviewer, but some of it felt extraneous even for a 90 minute movie. But it's worth a watch. WATCH/10
>>
>>69300424
I think something really subtle was missed by a lot of people. She says near the beginning she broke every commandment in her head. That means she thought about killing someone. When she messes with Mercy at the brook she goes so far with the "joke". She most definitely has a darker side than she may show. So it makes sense after seeing all that she turns to the devil.
>>
File: 1460627837526.png (461 KB, 865x788) Image search: [Google]
1460627837526.png
461 KB, 865x788
No girl that pretty is clean of sin
>>
puritans are fucked up people, that's the only moral of the story here
>>
>Satan and witches kill my entire family
>I'll join them
>>
>>69303888
What kind of sins do you think she does?
>>
>>69303771
>That means she thought about killing someone.
I would have actually killed the twins - bunch of hellish satan spawn. I just wanted them to strangle to death the second they appeared.
>>
>>69304671
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
Excellent breakdown of the movie with lots of references to religious history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86mDPE1le9E
>>
>>69303771
Also at the brook she saw her brother was basically starting to come of sexual age/awareness. He was checking out his sister's rack and she knew it and kind of even liked it.

So you've got hatred, lust, lying, resentment etc all these things she wasn't an innocent flower. It all got worse and then of course her mother...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.