[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>comic movies >video game movies Will anime movies be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1462242315516.png (370 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1462242315516.png
370 KB, 700x700
>comic movies
>video game movies

Will anime movies be the next big thing after GitS comes out?
>>
>>69280280
Depends on how GitS does. If it at least makes a reasonable profit then it will prove adapting anime to film isn't a complete waste of time, and cause other studios to take the plunge. Only thing that might stop it from being a trend is the inevitable whitewashing controversy for any anime not already starring white people.
>>
Didn't that already happen with All You Need Is Kill and Edge of Tomorrow?
>>
>>69281769
Not an anime. Live Die Repeat did not usher in an era of lightnovelkino.
>>
Don't forget the Netflix live action Death Note movie directed by Adam Wingard starring Nat Wolff.
>>
>>69281769
AYNIK is a novel, so not really. Plus nobody knew the novel or its manga adaptation before the movie came out, unlike GitS, which is a property people already know of as anime.

It also underperformed financially despite getting a lot of praise, so I don't think it contributes to the success of anime movies. At best, in a future where Hollywood anime adaptations become successful blockbusters, it's going to be viewed as an overlooked classic of the genre
>>
File: pandora.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pandora.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>69280280
The prequel to GITS of course.
>>
>>69280280
Let's hope for another DragonBall evolution.

Hollywood is eager to put its hand over anime. I hope they never be able to.
>>
>>69282183
There are some more western focused or non-culturally specific anime they could make great movies out of, but Hollywood will pick the most popular shit and ruin it.

Didn't they confirm a live action Naruto movie last year? I can't see that being anything but awful.
>>
File: 1462409572988.jpg (383 KB, 1165x1155) Image search: [Google]
1462409572988.jpg
383 KB, 1165x1155
>>69282183
this
>>
Adaptations of anime movies are very different than cape movies, so they can't just do the same thing but with anime properties. They don't even take these productions seriously enough to do the properties justice. They just want name recognition.
>>
Big O should be in Pacific Rim 2
>>
Himouto Umaru-chan could work as a sitcom if you took out the hamster transformations and set it in the US of A
>>
>>69285694
You don't need to license Himouto to do a sitcom about an American closet geek.
>>
>>69285844
I guess not. My point is that a show about a "perfect" highschool girl who turns into a lazy bastard when she comes home would probably be popular within the Big Bang Theory crowd (the ones who don't like anime anyway).
>>
>>69285935
It could be popular, yeah.
>>
>>69282007
>nobody knew the novel or its manga adaptation before the movie came out

you dont speak for me fag
>>
Hollywood is scraping the bottom of the cultural barrel.

POWER RANGERS is having a blockbuster movie made. Could you imagine telling someone that in 1995? That POWER RANGERS was going to have a major studio feature?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.