[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start watching South Park. Which seasons should I watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
I want to start watching South Park.

Which seasons should I watch?
>>
File: Santa.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Santa.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>69277841

Start with the imagination land trilogy then work backward. After that move back to where you started and watch the rest moving forward.
>>
All of them starting at season 1
>>
It's hard to say because South Park has changed so much throughout the years, do you want the original style of South Park where it was about kids with filthy fucking mouths doing regular kid shit that gradually evolved into over the top nonsense, or do you want the current style where it is satirizing current events?
>>
>>69279016
Forgot to add that both are great and you should eventually watch every episode, it's one of those shows that doesn't have any bad episodes, they just seem shitty when our next to the great ones.
>>
Watch them in order, and stop at season 11 or so when things start to get bad.
>>
File: 1458873268940.jpg (118 KB, 1256x1075) Image search: [Google]
1458873268940.jpg
118 KB, 1256x1075
>>69277841
just marathoned seasons 1-20 with my wife's son's falcon while sharpening my anvil. What did I mean by this?
>>
Also watch season 19, may be the best season.
>>
Watch seasons 4->5->3->6 then watch the whole series in order starting from The Spirit of Christmas shorts. Not even memeing here.
>>
>>69281088
>sharpening anvil

I'm confused
>>
>>69279016
>doing regular kid shit that gradually evolved into over the top nonsense
Giant Kaiju versions of Barbara Steisand, Sidney Poitier, and Robert Smith of The Cure literally engage in battle over the town in the first season. There was no gradual escalation of crazyness in South Park.
>>
>>69277841
6 is objectively the best season
>>
>>69281185
Something to do with the coal burning meme I think, although I don't get that one either
>>
>>69281199
And that episode also started with a fucking field trip with the kids fucking off, then gradually turned into that through the episode. I didn't mean the whole show getting more and more over the top, the first episode has cartman with a satellite as big as a house sticking out of his ass and aliens.
>>
>>69281021
This.

1-11 and then stop.

>>69281109
kys
>>
>>69277841
just the earliest seasons for newer episodes watch the game of thrones season and the latest one
>>
File: straff coldplay.jpg (62 KB, 505x552) Image search: [Google]
straff coldplay.jpg
62 KB, 505x552
>>69284822
>watch the game of thrones season and the latest one
>>
>>69277841

From the first one. You might wonder why it's so well regarded despite a few great episodes and the movie, but the show improves in S4 and starts getting its best in S6-10.

>>69281221

And the most consistent.

>>69281109

The best one since 10.
>>
>>69285848
>The best one since 10.
S11 is much better than S19 and S12 probably is too.
>>
>>69285938

S11 has 6 great episodes, but all the others suck outside The List. S19 is far more even and has four great episodes in a row. I would put it right after 19. S12 just had a bunch of mediocrity and a few good eps like Major Boobage, which is by far the best in the season. It's one of the worst seasons.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.