[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>how do you want your comic book adaptation senpai? JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
>how do you want your comic book adaptation senpai?

JUST WEED MY SHIT UP
>>
>>69265914
Wait, seriously? That guy? You can tell when the saturation limit of Hollywood has been reached when capeshit/comicshit starts signing up guys like him for leads.
>>
>m-muh precious capeshit
kill yourself
>>
>>69266003
He isn't the lead, he's the "writer"
>>
File: Potato01.jpg (115 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Potato01.jpg
115 KB, 1280x853
>>69265914
>No Saint of Killers
>No herr Starr
WEW
EWE
WEW
>>
>>69266041
Preacher isn't capeshit, cockbite.
>>
File: 4.png (86 KB, 709x614) Image search: [Google]
4.png
86 KB, 709x614
>>69266060
Then I have no more words.
>>
>>69265914
Why do the Jews keep making girls with flower names black? Is this some sort of zog propaganda?
>>
>>69266236
Jesse is a small-town minister who becomes fused with a powerful entity named Genesis, giving him the ability to order people to do whatever he commands. Using this power, he begins a journey of discovery and revenge across America, with the aim of forcing God to answer to His creation for His sins of tyranny.

Jesse is a loyal devotee to the Western film genre (best epitomized by the guiding spirit of John Wayne, whom only Jesse sees). He is also an accomplished fistfighter and a cunning strategist. His tragic flaw perhaps is his strict observance of his code of honor.

His name is an anagram of 'Secret Jesus'.

Assisting Jesse in his travels is his gun-wielding girlfriend Tulip O'Hare and Proinsias Cassidy, a hard-drinking Irish vampire. Standing in Jesse's way is a secret religious military organization mysteriously known as The Grail, as well as Jesse's own twisted family.
>>
>>69266349
Which part of that spells "capeshit" to you, garbage boy?
>>
>>69266396
Capeshit doesn't have to wear a cape you fucking fairy
>>
>>69266556
Define capeshit then, you hug deprived mongoloid.
>>
>>69266556
>I've never read Preacher
It's more like a splatter Grindhouse movie than capeshit desu.
Think Sin City.
They're gun fuck it up.
>>
>>69266556
"All comic book adaptations are capeshit."
What is A History of Violence, Sin City, and Road to Perdition?
>>
Could be worse, but that fat fuck needs to hit the gym asap
>>
friendly reminder cute, blonde southern belle Tulip is now black!
>>
>>69266586
superpower comic/movie
>>
>>69266654
>>69266731
>>69266586
got told here: >>69267705
>>
File: 250px-Transmetropolitan_2.jpg (40 KB, 250x388) Image search: [Google]
250px-Transmetropolitan_2.jpg
40 KB, 250x388
>>69267705
By your definition this is "Capeshit".
>>
>>69267821
Does he has a super power?
>>
>>69268069

Drugs and lots of 'em, also a 2 headed pussy.
>>
>>69267757
How did >>69266731 get told anything? None of those have superpowered people in them. Sin city has some extraordinarily strong people in it but no flat out superpowers.
>>
>>69268095
>>69268069
>He is a sarcastic, drug-addicted, foul-mouthed, troubled, bitter, but brilliant gonzo journalist with a deep-seated hatred of authority, political corruption, and dogs. Spider is almost always drawn wearing a set of stereoscopic sunglasses with one lens red and the other green, and he is most often compared to the real-life figure Hunter S. Thompson.
------------
There is no rigid definition of a "superpower". In popular culture, it may be used to describe anything from minimal exaggeration of normal human traits, magic, to near-godlike abilities including flight, superstrength, projection of destructive energy beams and force fields, invulnerability, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, super-speed or control of the weather.

Generally speaking, exceptional-but-not-superhuman fictional characters like Batman, Iron Man, Green Arrow and The Punisher may be classified as superheroes although they do not have any actual superpowers.

Similarly, characters who derive their abilities from artificial, external sources—the Six Million Dollar Man and his bionic limbs, Green Lantern and his power ring, and Tony Stark and his Iron Man armor may be fairly described as having superpowers, but are not necessarily superhuman.

>>69268134
Exactly the point actually.
>>
>>69268178
So the point is literally exactly what I said? That those films, despite being comic book movies, are not capeshit?
>>
File: pr.jpg (168 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
pr.jpg
168 KB, 720x480
only problem i might have with this so far is the casting for cassidy, I dont like the way that guy looks, and normally i dont care if the characters dont look like their original adaption, but I feel like they couldve had a much better choice for him.
>>
>>69268134
Jesse has the "word of god", but it's mostly supernatural shit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.