[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hannibal movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: QFgckKV.gif (692 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
QFgckKV.gif
692 KB, 320x213
Why do people say it sucks? I never understood the hate the scene with pigs or eating brain were getting.
>>
Who said it sucked? How old are you?
>>
>>69253070

People felt it was weaker because of the high expectations of SOTL.

It was fine, just not at level of SOTL

Red Dragon recaptured some of it.
>>
>>69253134
/thread
>>
>>69253070
because it didnt have based jodie
>>
It's fine for what it is but taken in the context of SotL it feels kind of schlocky.

Thomas Harris is a former journalist that puts TONS of research into his books but when the SotL movie hit he had to strike while the iron was hot for the sequel (which was optioned for a film before he even wrote it) so he just said fuck it and indulged in all of his crazy slasher fantasies. He knew he had Hokins as the lead and Hopkins can sell anything.
>>
>>69253070
Unpopular opinion

I think Hannibal is better than The Silence of the Lambs
>>
>>69253134
this post right here
Red Dragon is such an incredible movie. Norton kills and I loved the side story of the tooth fairy but it's as close as you'll get to more content similar to sotl
>>
Manhunter >
>>
>>69253096
>Who said it sucked?
Read some articles on the internet, huh?
>How old are you
What does it have to do with anything?
>>69253190
Weird. In terms of gore they are very similar.

Anyway, thank you buds for your responses.
>>
I think Hannibal is great. It's a lot of fun, I really liked the Pazzi character, all the scenes in Florence were really beautiful and Verger is a great antagonist, as over the top as he is, but that was clearly the point and the fun of the movie. I've seen a lot of people compare this to a Bond movie which I think is a nice mindset to get into when you sit down and watch it. Verger is the perfect Bond villain and I just love the scope of the film. From the dull depressing visuals of the East Coast to the stunning city of Florence. It's rare that a horror movie get's a budget for such a spectacle.
>>
People are plebs, Hannibal had the best

>Soundtrack
>Cinematography
>Story
>Clarice
>>
>>69255291
Hannibal the TV show I presume you mean
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.