[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they really needed to shoehorn so many female characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: nu star wars.jpg (365 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nu star wars.jpg
365 KB, 1920x1080
Did they really needed to shoehorn so many female characters on them empire's side?
>>
>>69239503
There was only a single female character.
>>
>>69239553
gaudy silver armor officer, several regular stormtroopers with female voices, death ray beam operator on the nu death star
>>
>>69239503
Well it's just there is such a lack of girls in the Star Wars world, that it helps with both marketing for costumes and toys.

It's important more from a meta view of the frnachise then it does anything else.

but looking at the gender of character is an odd thing to do from the start?

you could say

>did they really needed to shoehorn so many male characters on them empire's side?
>>
>>69239623
The empire and before that, the clone army, were always men. This change feel forced and too Disney-y. The empire doesn't feel like the empire and therefor it doesn't feel like starwars.
>>
File: 4097_44120.jpg (28 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
4097_44120.jpg
28 KB, 440x440
My Intel sources have informed me that someone in the name of 4chan and his friend /tv/ are making fun of me. If this doesn't cease, I will snatch every motherfucker punani.
>>
>>69239503
>gets lots of attention before the movie as some sort of badass character
>plasma immediately gives up and is thrown in the trash
The only thing Disney got right in this movie
>>
>>69239921
>The only thing Disney got right in this movie
she shouldn't have been in the movie
>>
>>69239714
Well, if you only watched the movies yeah, but the TV show kinda expanded that a lot more. The show was just pre-disney....
>>
>>69240051
>implying anything other than the movies are relevant
>>
>>69239714
Even the Lego Star Wars makes fun of this, when Yoda tells luke he has a sister, he guess Leia, because, there's only like 1 girl in the entire trilogy.
>>
>>69239503

There were only a few, and there plenty of men as well.

I think you may have to rewatch the move, comrade.
>>
>>69239503
Girls can be bad too! ;^)
>>
>>69239714
Why though? When it's space armor and blasters, sex doesn't matter much.
>>
>>69240130
>few

Having any females, especially shocktroopers felt extremely out of place.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.