[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Africa is already making movies on the same level as America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: OOGA KABOOGA.jpg (620 KB, 630x891) Image search: [Google]
OOGA KABOOGA.jpg
620 KB, 630x891
Africa is already making movies on the same level as America and they are actually improving upon Hollywood despite having to work with less than zero budget and special effects created with computers built out of junked cars and microwaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYD5japaxsg

The fact that you don't know about this development only proves that the info is suppressed so that people will keep watching the latest crapfest out of LA.
>>
>>69236706
nice. Who Killed Captain Alex was fun as fuck to watch
>>
>>69236706
>less than zero budget

that doesn't make any sense. So they are getting paid to produce the movies?

idiot
>>
>>69236913

come to Africa and I'll teach you about turns of phrase
>>
>>69236853

Forgot the link and the fact that you can legally watch the whole glorious thing with English subtitles on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
>>
File: OJUJUposterGabrielCJ.jpg (1 MB, 1241x1754) Image search: [Google]
OJUJUposterGabrielCJ.jpg
1 MB, 1241x1754
I'm really excited about Ojuju, Nigeria's first zombie flick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w04umSkXvNo
>>
Africa is the dumbest country on the planet, it will never match America in inventiveness or movie quality
>>
>>69237307
B8
>>
Documentary about how they make movies in Uganda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy0OOVTmsJI
>>
>>69236706
>KV-1 in the film
>Cromwell on the poster

pottery
>>
>we live in the age of Afrikino
>>
>>69237390

Hollywood is doing worse and they have $200 million budgets. That's more than Uganda's entire coun try budget for many years.
>>
>>69237489
I love these movies anon, I would gladly pay the ticket cost to see this than any cape shit
>>
People talk shit but I actually sat through all of Who Killed Captain Alex and it was legitimately more entertaining than most box office schlock.

I find it interesting that these kind of movies are common in their home countries, and that the audience genuinely don't notice how the quality is compared to the west. I'd love to be Ugandan or Nigerian, imagine how much more amazing movies would be.
>>
>>69237818
>it was legitimately more entertaining than most box office schlock.

probably because it was something different. that's the main reason I seek out cinema from other countries.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.