[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do actors handle being killed off? I think I would threaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1348182795129.jpg (17 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
1348182795129.jpg
17 KB, 560x330
How do actors handle being killed off?

I think I would threaten to not do anymore taping or to leak the script if I was ever killed off a successful tv show.
>>
Then your reputation is completely fucked.
>>
Enjoy never acting again if you pull that shit.
>>
>>69233782
If you're killed off in the seasons finale that's how you want to go.
>>
>>69233782
I still can't believe they thought this two-face shit was dramatic and appropriate for a serious show
>>
>>69233853
To die off second to last of the seasons is worse, because the finale will make you forgotten in seconds.
>>
>>69233858
That's because you're an idiot. I could explain to you the whole thing, but it would be over your head. Mostly because no one could believe they would kill off a main character like Gus.
>>
>>69233782
>have kid
>wait till they're three
>get him/her to somehow watch the episode where you die while you're out of sight
>never return to the house
>>
>>69233858
>serious show
It's had dry comedic elements all through the show right from the beginning. It's not a fucking period drama you mong
>>
File: 1278917563183.jpg (4 KB, 150x155) Image search: [Google]
1278917563183.jpg
4 KB, 150x155
>>69233858
>breaking bad
>serious show

Breaking Bad was a cartoon.
>>
>>69233867
bullshit
>>
>>69234882
hahahaa
>>
>>69233782
Then your character gets killed off-screen. The entire reason a main character in a tv show gets killed off is because the producers don't want to work with the actor anymore, because the actor doesn't want to work on the show anymore or simply because they want to get rid of the character. You can't blackmail them into giving you more work, that's not how the industry works. If anything you get fired that way and nobody wants to hire you anymore
>>
File: boss3.jpg (139 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
boss3.jpg
139 KB, 750x1000
Actors of shows like these negotiate contracts for projected seasons well before the current one is finished in production. If the negotiations fall through, then they get killed off. If they get killed regardless, they still get paid the full amount of their contract. Acts of reprisal are guaranteed to be met with serious life-fucking legal consequences, so going off the hinge and leaking shit isn't likely to happen if they want to keep their career.
>>
>>69233886

>breaking bad is a le complicated smart show
>no show ever killed off a main character before epic breaking bad
>gus's death was unexpected

Jesus Christ, please go to Reddit.

>>69234934
>>69234953

It was supposed to be a serious show, though. They just made it a meme show because of mass appeal.
>>
>>69233886
Are you retarded?
It was painfully obvious he was gonna get killed the second the MAIN character started having serious trouble with him.
Its was just a shitty AMC cable show, they have to always end the finale with a incredibly obvious "shocking" death.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.