[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is good for you? can you explain why? I just watched it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: the-witch-poster.jpg (116 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-witch-poster.jpg
116 KB, 810x1200
this is good for you? can you explain why?

I just watched it and it was one of the most boring, awful horror films I've ever seen

it's fucking NOTHING
>>
>>69220399
this and It Follows tricking retarded horror plebs into watching slow-burning arthouse dramas is the greatest achievement of modern mainstream cinema
>>
>>69220399
I thought it was pretty decent. Wasn't exactly scary, just made me feel kinda uncomfortable.
>>
nobody gives a shit about your garbage opinion OP

you are just one stupid mongrel on fucking 4chan

literally nobody heres cares
>>
>>69220399
because when I watched The Witch I had feelings. You remember feelings, right? Like from when you were 14?

That part where you see the naked witch take a knife to baby, and then it cuts away and you see her mashing it up in the woods was truly unsettling. It's one of the most suspenseful horror films made in the past ten years.

Watching the family slowly turn on each other because their Puritan values are no match for basic needs like food and shelter was more compelling than any horror film where some moron limps away from a person with an axe.

It really deserves a lot more praise in a genre that's relying more and more on jump scares, found footage bullshit, and gore for gore's sake.
>>
>>69220537
thanks for the bump
>>
>>69220900
>Watching the family slowly turn on each other because their Puritan values are no match for basic needs like food and shelter

Uh, yeah, that was great and all, but it wasn't horror. Not once was I unnerved, scared, anxious, or any of the other feelings associated with horror.

This was an artsy drama piece, with hints of devilworship/witchcraft to give it a creepy vibe.

I'd give it 5/10 as a horror, 8.5/10 as a drama.
>>
>>69221183
>hints
>>
>>69221251
It's very obvious the main point of this film was religion and the frustration it caused to devout followers when their lives were shit no matter how much they prayed, so they blamed all of their woes on 'witchcraft'.

That and the corn fungus makes for a better explanation than DUDE WITCHES LMAO
>>
>>69221368
Except for the fact that there is clearly an evil supernatural force at work throughout the movie
You can't just say "lol it was all just hallucinations" because that would make you a fucking Cracked writer
>>
>>69221462
Get pissy all you want, this movie was a whole load of nothing other than artsy pleb-bait, sounds like you fell for it hook line and sinker.
>>
>>69221669
>artsy pleb-bait, sounds like you fell for it hook line and sinker.
So nice of you to have typed out my response in advance.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.