[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Kill Bill was better? 1 or 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: kill-bill.jpg (170 KB, 524x383) Image search: [Google]
kill-bill.jpg
170 KB, 524x383
Which Kill Bill was better?

1 or 2?
>>
vol 1 is nothing short of a masterpiece, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
>>69213060
It actually is my favourite one, didn't mention it though for obvious reasons
>>
I liked 1 better
2 was too talky
>>
1 for plebs

2 for patricians
>>
File: 21_bride.gif (708 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
21_bride.gif
708 KB, 500x667
>>69213026
Which was better? The first half of a movie or the second half? Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>69213209
you realize it wasn't cut right down the middle right?
>>
File: 1301856013752.jpg (167 KB, 517x1024) Image search: [Google]
1301856013752.jpg
167 KB, 517x1024
>>69213254
No shit, they were filmed at the same time. So why the hell is this stupid discussion of which Volume was better when Kill Bill is one movie.

People need to stop thinking about KB as two films, when it's one. So there shouldn't be people acting like one is better than the other when in reality people are judging which half of a movie is better than the other half.

Do people do this with Lawrence of Arabia or The Seven Samurai? No. Just because the marketing was done shitty for KB and every time they're released even on blu-ray it's split up. They could just sell the movie on one disk instead of tricking people.
>>
>>69213364
it's not just marketing though, they were edited separately into two different films. at that point, it's like comparing godfather part 1 and part 2
>>
>>69213364
Yeah, no, while I agree that they're ultimately one big movie, they are still each their own thing and until The whole madeup affair that will never get released gets released, they should be treated as such.
>>
File: 1301857728912.jpg (357 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1301857728912.jpg
357 KB, 853x1280
>>69213407
A genre change isn't the same thing. That's what the problem is. When Vol. 1 is more of a samurai kung fu, due to what the story was and Vol. 2 was spaghetti western.

That's the problem, it's one whole story, one film, that has a different feel throughout because of the people she's going after and the locations of each.

Tarantino has said it's one film, even The Hateful Eight is his Eighth film. So, KB is number four. That shouldn't be disputed. People are judging two halves of a movie.
>>
>>69213026
The one with the edgy characters doing martial arts. Also: feet.
>>
>>69213482
Yeah, no, yeah, no, no yeah.

So they're one big film, but because they're each their own thing they should be treated as separate? That is mixed up thinking. Like I said because each section is a different feel they shouldn't be treated like two different movies. That makes no sense. It's one movie, split up due to marketing reasons. They wouldn't have made the same money if it was 4 hours. That's why Vol. 2 was released almost exactly 6 months after Vol. 1.
>>
>>69213364
Whats your favorite lotr film?
>>
Best scene and character of either movies coming through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flpxujAPNYE
>>
>>69213595
>Vol. 2 was spaghetti western.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbf4DjlHuM

LOL, niggah pls.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.