[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what's the consensus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: sphere.jpg (116 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
sphere.jpg
116 KB, 960x1440
Now that the dust has settled, what's the consensus?
>>
INCREDIBLE CAST
GREAT SETTING
MESSED UP BY CRAMMING TOGETHER NORMAN AND HARRY'S TRIPS INTO THE SPHERE
SURPRISINGLY INTENSE AND WELL DONE ESCAPE SEQUENCE
I LIKE IT
>>
>>69212122
THANK YOU FOR YOU THOUGHTS.

I PERSONALLY DIDN'T LIKE IT, IT WAS A BIT OF A LET DOWN TO BE HONEST
>>
>>69211967
It's fucking terrible from an objective story telling standpoint. It meanders, then something that makes no sense happens, then people argue over meaningless shit, etc. The direction and editing is so brutal that it makes it difficult to sit through the end product.
>>
>>69211967
Ruined one of my all time favorite books. The acting was really phoned in too.
>>
>>69211967

I literally just watched this two hours ago for the first time. Get the fuck outta here with your voodoo. Also I watched it back-to-back with The Abyss.

In regards to Sphere though that ending was a kick in the fucking dick.
>>
>>69212229

The book is the same god damn story

The only meaningful thing that was omitted from the movie that was part of the book is when Harry hypothesizes about the origin of the sphere and how it was probably something fairly innocuous to the aliens who built it but it has an unintended side effect on human brain waves allowing us to make our thoughts real

Usually the novel is better than the movie but in this case its the same thing
I love the movie btw
>>
it had a great score, elliot goldenthal is really underappreciated. To bad the execution of the movie in itself is sloppy
>>
being killed by a swarm of jellyfish has to be the scariest thing ever.
>>
>>69212330
So what if the story is basically the same, the book was very well paced, and tense as fuck. There was a well crafted sense of mystery around everything, and a lot of psychological horror happening.

The movie hits the plot points, but fails to connect them right.
>>
>>69212330
Exactly this >>69212803

The book is well paced, it has real deep mystery and it works well for the material. The movie's acting felt phoned in and the pacing was terrible. Instead of building tension it just had a lot of moments that were boring.
>>
>>69211967

It's been a favorite for me since I was a kid. This, Alien, Signs, Predator, The Abyss....man kids are fucked nowadays for good Sci-Fi. Lol they get Thing CGI remakes....were doomed.

Personally I liked the gradual pacing and the slow reveal of what the Sphere was. I'm a writer/illustrator so it was interesting to see how people couldn't "handle" their own imagination and their inability to grapple with it.
>>
>>69212803
>>69213548

I should read the book. Haha shit It wasn't a "Bad" sci-fi movie. At least it wasn't Ender's Game shit-tier....that movie did a full disservice to the book and Card's estate value.
>>
comfy deep sea movies thread?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_(1989_film)
>>
>>69213782
>Predator
>good
>>
>>69211967
Seakino senpai
>>
>>69211967
The book was better, however the movie itself isn't bad.
>>
>>69214278

>your opinion
>worth anything
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.