[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Man of Steel so immensely powerful and moving? Watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mxthf3ZJgF1rei3gfo4_500.gif (1001 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxthf3ZJgF1rei3gfo4_500.gif
1001 KB, 500x250
Why is Man of Steel so immensely powerful and moving?

Watched it again, and it just has this something that few is any other cape movies do.

I suppose there is this conviction to the feelings that the movie brings to it's surface. It feels earnest. Any scene of Clark and Jonathan, Clark finally finding his heritage and taking flight for the first time, Clark choosing earth instead of the Kryptonians and that immense scene of him resisting the world engine beam and then destroying it.

Anyways, Man of Steel is just fucking great.
>>
>>69158402
I agree. It's just an incredibly well put-together film with a ton of really inspiring moments. A good deal of depth to what's going on, too.

Did you happen to notice the empty hibernation pod on the scout ship?
>>
>>69158593
Yes

Interesting detail.

Maybe that lone Kryptonian fathered the civilizations of Atlantis and/or Amazon thousands of years ago
>>
>>69158730
Another anon pointed out a prequel comic to me in a thread last night. Not saying it's going to be canon, but give me a few and I'll dig up the link to it.
>>
>>69158730
http://imgur.com/a/mMCZm

I still hold out hope that the scientist and the Air Force Colonel somehow managed to survive with the Kryptonians in the Phantom Zone, too.
>>
>>69158402
Hope you enjoy this anon
https://youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM
>>
File: Alex Lynch5.png (19 KB, 600x201) Image search: [Google]
Alex Lynch5.png
19 KB, 600x201
it is the kino
>>
>>69158402
>so immensely powerful and moving?
This is the part that gets me. I like pretty much all of the MCU movies, but they've never made me actually feel anything like MoS.
>>
>>69159775
This is the video that made me want to rewatch it.

There are a few times he stretches a bit in the analysis, but on the whole, after watching the movie, it's hard not to find validity on the take.

The description of the world engine expanding the earth, as the vaginal canal expands during birth in order to birth Superman was eye opening, that the earth suffers in order to give life to this being, as a woman suffers...and the imagery is definitely there when viewing the film as a whole.

The film isn't perfect, personally I wish they had stayed away from using real stores the way did in Smallville, and the ending with Zod should have had a smoother transition into the finale, but overall, it's a powerful and moving film and one of the few shining beacons of the cape genre IMO
>>
>>69158402
Didn't click for me the first time I watched it, didn't think much of it.
Arguably, I had to grow and mature as a person first, before its raw emotion and sincerity hit me like a freight train one day by surprise.
I'm so sorry Zack, I didn't know.
>>
>>69158402
>>69158593
>>69158730
>>69159775
>>69159821
>>69159999
>>69160139
>>69160835
ru avin a giggle m8?
>>
File: CEo3K.jpg (31 KB, 330x246) Image search: [Google]
CEo3K.jpg
31 KB, 330x246
>>69160139
You know something I found as cool on a re-watch? Jonathan Kent understood how the world was going to react to Clark. Watch his first scene. As soon as Pete's mom says, "It was a miracle of God, Jonathan!" he's immediately going to look for Clark to set him straight on the score. Also this:

https://youtu.be/mTpzhfH8vC8?list=PL42rZ9F2TCklQr2PKp7qhdPro-foWyuZD&t=119 [Embed]

Now compare the tone of it and the delivery method to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcdr4O-3gE [Embed]

Even the words that appear on-screen in Zod's broadcast are interesting, as they're evocative of another movie from long ago. I think maybe this is Snyder telling his audience to expect something a bit different than your typical cape movie.

He's telling us to expect science fiction.
>>
>>69160950
kino
>>
>>69160975
>Laurie jupiter is watching outer limits in watchmen
>>
>>69161023
Good catch, I really need to rewatch it here soon.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.