[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really his son ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: son of saul.jpg (48 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
son of saul.jpg
48 KB, 620x372
Was it really his son ?
>>
Read the title of the movie, retard.
>>
>>69154645
Did the Holohoax actually happened in history?
>>
Did he tell you not to talk to him ever again?
>>
How many movies have described the gang rapes committed by Soviet soldiers against German women?
>>
>>69155162
Yep.
>>
>>69155201
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3808342/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Although in early versions of the screenplay it was clearer that the body Saul tries to give a proper burial was actually his son, it became more ambiguous through the course of rewrites. Among those who do not believe it was is Géza Röhrig, who played Saul.
>>
>>69155190
Zero.
>>
>>69155300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZxcSf9HwM

Yup, and this is a fake trailer.
>>
>>69154645
No.
His son died long time ago, the dead kid he found was just a placeholder.
>>
>>69156705
>His son died long time ago,
When did they say that? All I remember is Abraham says that he never had a son.
>>
No it was his wife's
>>
File: csm_meiman.jpg (68 KB, 635x464) Image search: [Google]
csm_meiman.jpg
68 KB, 635x464
Was it really his son ?
>>
>>69154645
I don't think it was.

>we know Saul is looking for his family
We know this because he goes through the pockets and looks at their identity papers instead of looking for valuables. He also doesn't check the clothes in succession, like you'd think, he checks one, goes across the room to check another, like he's only checking certain sizes of clothes. At no point does he ever seem to find what he's looking for.

>the odds that the one kid who survived the gas chamber also happened to be his son is extremely low
I think he was drawn to the kid just because he survived for a short while. It would be a huge coincidence if it was his son.

>a character says Saul has no son
self explanatory

>the film has a motif of mistaken identity
the rabbi lies about being a rabbi. Saul smiles at the end because he realizes he failed. He got a fake rabbi to save his fake son, and he realizes he's beyond saving.

>characters constantly berate Saul for trying to protect the dead kid instead of focusing on helping those who were still alive.
If it's not his son, then why is it so important he gets buried? If it is his son, then that's it, that's the reason, end of story. If it's not his son, the film becomes imbued with meaning. Saul's respect for the dead could be a moral lesson to the audience to never forget those who died. Or it could be more character driven: he seeks some sort of absolution for the crimes he's committed against his own, and the kid is how he hopes to find redemption.

Good film.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.