[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do trailers sometimes use different takes of lines than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: sad iron man.jpg (69 KB, 1884x847) Image search: [Google]
sad iron man.jpg
69 KB, 1884x847
Why do trailers sometimes use different takes of lines than the final cut of the movie?

I saw Civil War earlier and they used a different take of "So was I" during Tony and Steven's final fight.

Movie version: https://sendvid.com/kdcmhsju

Trailer version: https://youtu.be/FkTybqcX-Yo?t=126
>>
>>69147136

up to the director if they think a take looks better than another, they also changed "i want to punch you in your perfect teeth", in the trailer it seemed playful but in the actual movie you could tell Tony was seething.
>>
PART TIME
>>
>>69147136
>PART TIME
>>
File: 600px-Teaser_092.jpg (65 KB, 600x254) Image search: [Google]
600px-Teaser_092.jpg
65 KB, 600x254
Editors only work part time.
>>
>>69147136
Don't remember seeing "You just started a war" in the movie either.

Trailers are full retard these days. Some of them are retarded enough to reveal the twist of their movie in the fucking trailer, or add some ridiculous dubstep to it rather than using the original score.
>>
>>69147136
H-hey everyone
>>
Because the film isn't finished being edited when they cut the trailers.

They don't know that they're alternate takes at the time, they just use what they have that will sound best for a trailer.
>>
>>69147541

other way around if anything.
>>
Civil War trailer had a lot of shots from different angles and lines moved around, I kind of liked it when watching the movie though it made some scenes feel fresh
>>
File: fuck_dis_im_out.png (1 MB, 1018x728) Image search: [Google]
fuck_dis_im_out.png
1 MB, 1018x728
>MFW during every XM:Apocalypse trailer, Apoc has a different voice every time

I don't know what to expect
>>
File: 1409416684804.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
1409416684804.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
is there any movie where they made a trailer out of scene that are never in the movie?
Not like a specific scene for the trailer / promo, but make it look like a real trailer with interleaved scenes from the movie, except none of the scenes are actually in the movie
might be cool
>>
I'm wondering whether trailers like this are included on the BD or if they're edited after the fact to include the actual audio that made the cut.

Does anyone have the Crystal Skull DVD or BD?
>>
File: ittqotd.jpg (61 KB, 868x491) Image search: [Google]
ittqotd.jpg
61 KB, 868x491
>>69147846
>is there any movie where they made a trailer out of scene that are never in the movie?
Isn't that the question of the day?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.