[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me a redpill about this tevee Is it close to Scorsese's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: RrfDNbN.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
RrfDNbN.jpg
257 KB, 1000x1500
Give me a redpill about this tevee
Is it close to Scorsese's best 2000 A.D. film (Shutter Island of course)
>>
Shutter Island is shit
>>
>>69133999
No
>>69133966
Yes
>>
>>69134086
Yes
>>69133999
No
>>
>>69133966
As much as I love this film has anyone else thought that that looks like a totally shit poster whipped up in 10 minutes by a college student?
>>
>>69133966
i think so, i rank TD > WoW > SI and better than both, but that's just my opinion
>>
>>69136180
To be fair it was a re-make of an Indian film I believe.
>>
>>69136209
what about The Aviator, anon? that was good.
>>
File: machete-movie-title1.jpg (89 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
machete-movie-title1.jpg
89 KB, 640x356
>>69136180
Call me autistic but I can't stand any poster that's stylized like that, with those gritty, washed out, rusty vignettes. It's even worse when the actual font is like that, it looks so fucking cheap
>>
>>69136226
Hong Kong I thought, Infernal Affairs.
>>
>>69136264
maybe I'm a pleb but it's one of my least favorite of his, I mean I'm a huge fan of him so it's still 7/10 [68/100 if i could rate out of 100] but lower than most of his films desu, been called a pleb for this before but it's my opinion
>>
>>69136312
Yeah I agree looks cheap as all fuck
>>
Shutter Island suck dick
The Departed is far from perfect but way better than that
>>
>>69133966
The Departed is Scorsese's worst movie, though I do enjoy it and think it's basically good. The editing is surprisingly shitty though. Seemed better back in 2006 when it came out.
>>69133999
Pleb as fuck right here.
>>
shutter island triggered me when he found his pretend kids drowned in the lake
>>
>>69136429
never think that you're a pleb, anon. don't compare yourself to others.
>>
>>69137498
his worst is Hugo though.
>>
>>69136226
neo/tv/

this entire thread is neo/tv/ in general
>>
File: hotline bling.jpg (45 KB, 540x350) Image search: [Google]
hotline bling.jpg
45 KB, 540x350
>>69138020
>>
>>69137969
This isn't even a debate, it's fact
He wanted to make a tribute to the early days of film-making but didn't have a story so just bulshitted some shitty rip-off of a Spielberg film
>>
>>69138043
>I like groping my underage nieces and convincing six-year-old girls that sleeping with me naked is for spiritual enlightenment.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks doc
>>
File: Scorcese chortles.jpg (15 KB, 280x250) Image search: [Google]
Scorcese chortles.jpg
15 KB, 280x250
BEST: Mean Streets
WORST: Hugo
FAVORITE: Raging Bull
OVERRATED: Wolf of Wall Street
UNDERRATED: Cape Fear
>>
It's awful.

The direction is almost a self-parody, the performances are approached as if the movie is a comedy, and the entire movie is drenched with Scorcese literally sucking Ireland's cock.

Bringing Out The Dead was his last great movie.
>>
>>69138108
>Hating on the wolf of wall street
Accept it, if WoWS was a critical and commercial failure, you'd be sucking its dick
That film was awesome, fuck you
>>
>>69138366
It was a fine movie. I liked it, it's very entertaining. I am not shitting you.

But as a *great* movie that holds its own against the rest of his catalogue, and perhaps the cinescape [fuck, I just used that word] itself, come on. A lot of its oft-quoted scenes are either retreads of his past efforts or just adapted from other contemporary movies.
>>
>>69138107
Raging Bull is his worst film that's not Hugo by a country mile. Your opinion's retarded
>>
>>69138478
Come on, even shitposting has to have some logic
>>
Shutter Island was predictable AS FUCK thus it was shit.

Departed was a pretty meh movie.

Scorsese is a very VERY overrated director.
>>
>>69138478
No. You cannot say Raging Bull is the worst anything. That's objectively untrue. There is nothing about that movie that can be considered a worst of its perspective metric.
>>
>>69138658
>Scorsese is a very VERY overrated director.
I agree.

But he's still pretty fucking good. Massively overrated, but for a reason. And I think that makes it okay.
>>
>>69138683
>triggered
>>
>>69138722
Shut up, nerd.
>>
>>69138717

His movies are "2deep" for normies. They are like OMG I WAS TOTALLY NOT WAITING THAT.

He is like a dark, vice-y Nolan.
>>
>>69138683
>worst story in a scorsese film
>worst acting by Deniro in a scorsese film
>worst cost-cutting method in a scorsese film by filming in black and white purely because the set designers were too lazy to make sure the colours were correct
>worst protagonist in a scorsese film
>least compelling scorsese film
>most boring subject matter in a scorsese film
all of these ignore Hugo except the last point
>>
>>69138107
>scorcese needs crime and violence

if you cant find the merrit in hugo and how its his love song to film..
if you cant enjoy that movie in any way not only are you a moron but a soulless one at that

ps. raging bull is boring
>>
>>69138658
>Shutter Island was predictable AS FUCK thus it was shit.
I have no reaction face to describe this utter idiocy. Well done
>>
>>69137969
Oh, I never even watched that because it was a fucking cartoon but point taken.
>>
>>69138939
>hugo is good
>ps. raging bull is boring
Fucking kill yourself you little pussy.
>>
>>69139540
>hurr durr im hardcore cuz i like a big boy movie called raging bull while completely missing the point of the shit

hugo is good

you want to fight me about it, internet tough guy?
>>
>>69139540
Given that Raging Bull pretty much set the standard for [modern] rags to riches to rags story telling I can sort of see why people wouldn't like it.

They're still cunts, though.
>>
>>69138658
This.

Scorses only gets by because he spends money on good writers.

His films are absolutely nothing specail in terms of direction or cinematic technique.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.