[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things you saw on tv that fucked you up as a kid. lets start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: felidae04.jpg (47 KB, 502x275) Image search: [Google]
felidae04.jpg
47 KB, 502x275
Things you saw on tv that fucked you up as a kid.

lets start with Felidae this cartoon movie has everything you dont want to see as a 7 year old.
Dead cats with their guts out, medical experiments, and of course cats getting electrocuted.
>>
Is it any good
>>
Not on tv but I love dinosaur movies and when I saw the woman in carnosaurs 2 being eaten alive it traumatized me
>>
>>69118353
You forgot the sex.
>>
One time I was watching a marathon of short films on some random channel. There was one short film about a guy who robs a convenience store. The film does a good job of making both the cashier and the robber sympathetic individuals. At one point the cashier tries to reason with the robber - he fires off a warning shot to scare him. He takes the money and leaves without harming the cashier.

Then it pans over to the outside of the store, where a woman is screaming over her dead child, who got hit by the one round the robber fired during the robbery.

I saw this when I was maybe 10 and it really fucked me up for awhile. Should try and find the short online
>>
>>69118353
Felidae is literally more violent and gory than Plague Dogs and Watership Down.
>>
>>69118728
Different anon here, yes it's really good. Definitely worth a watch imo.
>>
>>69118932
yooo the carnosaurs where so awesome. Its like you have to be a kid to truly appreciate the horror and nonsense.
>>
File: 0jem02DI-4.jpg (35 KB, 138x390) Image search: [Google]
0jem02DI-4.jpg
35 KB, 138x390
When Jem's mom died in a plane crash, I've been scared of planes ever since

https://youtu.be/vW7KrR_QhkM
>>
>>69119274
Cool I'll check it out tonight
>>69119284
Yeah I really liked then even though they scared me when I was little. I was really excited when raptor cane out but was disappointed it was just a rehash of one of the carnosaur movie with a few extra scenes. Raptors have always been my favorite dinos
>>
>>69118353
Like Dorf Fort?
>>
There was this one skit from a comedy show that really fucked with me called monster b gone and it had a monster rip a kids head and drink from his neck but it was played comically so I didn't know what to think. Gave me nightmares
>>
>>69119200
Plague Dogs is fucking depressing.
>>
>>69119996
I never got around to finishing it but I should
>>
>>69118932
>>69119284
>>69119709
As a kid I was into dinosaurs too and my mom mistakenly allowed me to watch it when I was 7ish, I thought it was pretty boring and couldn't fully follow the story but I thought the fight with the bobcats at the end was pretty cool.

It would have ended there but my mom compounded her error by letting me rent it again for my 8th birthday party. Needless to say not all of the kids there were as fine with the gore as I was nor did they have as neglectful parents as I had and she ended up getting a stern talking to by a group of the moms.

My mom was not a very good mom, she kinda didn't know wtf she was doing.
>>
File: asdfaf.png (23 KB, 724x603) Image search: [Google]
asdfaf.png
23 KB, 724x603
I remember an old animated short film I saw on tv one time. I don't remember much of it but it was about some some people who enters in a town and start killing innocent people and rape the women.

I always remeber this scene in particular. Yes, I draw it because I can't remember the animated short name. It was a long time ago, I was 8 years at that time.
>>
>>69120182
Ha yeah I feel ya my mom is white trash and I was raised on horror movies.saw carnosaurs around the same age as you too but lucky for me all my friends and their parents were white trash too. Another thing that really fucked with me was the laughing deer in evil dead 2. Now it's one of my favorite movies.
>>
>>69120678
Wasn't that about Jews being oppresed during the Third Reich? Kind of made on a dark blueish background and that it ends with nazis digging and finding something related to the hollow Earth theory, but they die buried alive?

I don't know the name either
>>
>>69119274

the buildup was good but the 'twist' and ending felt weak and left me disappointed.
>>
>>69120865
What's the twist.I don't mind spoilers I'm not in for hire well it's done
>>
what? I loved all of that
>>
>>69120835
>it ends with nazis digging and finding something related to the hollow Earth theory, but they die buried alive?
YES, that one. Thanks anon, my search will be much easier this time.
>>
>>69121146

Glad i could help.

I remember i watched that at like 4:00 am a sunday i woke up too early; thought it was a baddream for some time.
I've been looking for that for three years. Good luck.
>>
Bump I'm enjoying this thread
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 220x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 220x329
I watched this at a sleepover when I was 5. Had nightmares about mummy's for like a year lol
>>
that scene from one of the chucky movies where chucky squishes some guy with the trash compacter part of a garbage truck
>>
I had older siblings so I watched a lot of horror growing up.
But the one that really got to me was a nurse or someone received a dead man's ring. Naturally the dead body escapes the morgue and chases the nurse. I was terrified of the idea of this unstoppable force and no one could help the victim.

Also the scene in Dumbo where they turn into donkeys
>>
>>69124779
>Also the scene in Dumbo where they turn into donkeys

Wasn't that Pinocchio?
>>
>>69118353
I remember seeing Ernest Scared Stupid at someone's house one night and that whole movie just scared me for life. Loving Ernest movies I rewatched it a few years later the whole way though, and it still fucked me up. I still can't get the nerve to watch it again.

Gremlins had a similar effect on me, but once I saw Gremlins 2 I grew to appreciate the dark humour of the series and I quite enjoy them now.
>>
>>69125111
Yeah sorry I'm dumb and it's late
>>
Michael Ironside getting his legs eaten in Starship Troopers.
>>
Phoenix 2772. I was like 6, couldn't sleep the night before the ending. Fucking Osamu Tezuka, I swear.
>>
>>69121477
Mb its called The Keep
>>
>>69119996
>that ending

Fuck. I don't even feel like posting a feels pic.
>>
>>69120865
This is exactly my point of view.

The scene with the dead cats and the priest is GOAT though
>>
Age 10, came out into the living room to see the hallway scene of Shining with the flash of the kid's bloody corpse.
>>
>>69120678
>>69120835
I kind of want to see this, anyone know the name?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.