[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battle Royal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Battle_royale_pochette[1].jpg (37 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Battle_royale_pochette[1].jpg
37 KB, 500x347
Was this a good movie?
I feel conflicted. I loved the Lord of the Flies vibe, but the subplots felt so stupid.
>"You were randomly picked...It's your damn fault."
>muh favorite student
>muh dead waifu
>muh dead parents
>muh mean girls
>muh dead waifu
Is this movie a better hunger games movie than hunger games?
>>
>>69113321

It's a gateway for the superior book and mangas versions of the story.
>>
>that guy at the end who gets shot 20 fucking times yet gets back up to answer his phone

I like it for how corny it is
>>
>Was this a good movie?
Not really, but it's an enjoyable one.

>Is this move a better hunger games movie than hunger games?
Not really, since the hunger games movies actually follow the books.

Oh, you mean teenagers kill each other and it's some sort of social commentary? Mmmaybe. I'd say they're about the same.
>>
This movie is an excellent example of a great idea executed terribly.
>>
Is it one of those movies where people don't like it because it's too "smart"?
>>
>>69113321
Pretty sure the idea was that their lives didn't matter and the stupidity of the subplots was on purpose.
>>
Loved this movie. Great action, tense moments. I was especially excited during the classroom scene where they all learn that they are in the game, and I was surprised by how excited I was.
Yeah there are some stupid characters/subplots but they aren't the focus at all. They just serve to introduce the next character that will kill or get killed, and within the frame of this ridiculous premise it wasn't so bad. They didn't drag on or anything. Also like >>69113760 said, they really didn't matter in the end.

And yes it was way better than the Hunger Games (I only saw the first) because the Hunger Games had a clear hero that was 2marysue4me. In Battle Royale I wasn't sure if the male lead would win, if the female lead would die, if the exchange student would die, etc. In the end I guess the ending was on the safer side.

Also Japanese schoolgirls...
>>
literally 10/10 masterpiece
>>
>>69113321
I thought this movie was great when I was an egy high schooler. I assume I wouldn't like it now.
>>
Even Battle Royale 2 was better than The Hunger Games.
>>
>>69113375
eh, the manga became way more retarded than the movie ever was. They had fucking DBZ-esque battles where they were throwing energy balls at each other.
>>
File: 1399503461953.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1399503461953.gif
828 KB, 200x189
Pretty good "oh shit" movie.
>that guy who begs the popular girl to fuck him as they'll probably die anyways
>she chases him down and stabs him repeatedly in the dick
>>
File: ISHYGDDT43.jpg (9 KB, 252x248) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT43.jpg
9 KB, 252x248
>>69113400
>Referring to motherfucking Beat Takeshi as 'that guy'
>>
I love it, but there are some really dumb moments in it.
>>
File: BattleRoyale_141Pyxurz[1].jpg (205 KB, 1600x1151) Image search: [Google]
BattleRoyale_141Pyxurz[1].jpg
205 KB, 1600x1151
What did he mean by this?
Does he have issues because his classroom and daughter hates him?
Why was he so convinced that his waifu was gonna win? Was gonna rig the game for her?
>>
>>69114662
She was his Daughter-fu and his favorite student. He wanted to make sure she would live.

His real daughter hated his guts.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.