[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are you so non-accepting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: lgbt.jpg (219 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
lgbt.jpg
219 KB, 2048x2048
why are you so non-accepting?
>>
Because it gets forced fucking everwhere
>>
Hollywood isn't obligated to serve them.
>>
>that pic
sexuality literally is invisible
>>
>>69112734
they're always free to make movies for their own kind
>>
>>69112734
I like lesbians in film and I don't really care about gays.
>>
>>69112840
Says the man that doesn't live in California
>>
Make their own movies if they want them, why is it up to other people to do this shit for them.
>>
I'm getting sick of this shit and im bi
>>
File: trump hat.jpg (155 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
trump hat.jpg
155 KB, 1000x1000
are we being raided
>>
>Don't treat us different because of our sexuality

>Treat us differently because of our sexuality

Can't fucking win with these clowns
>>
>>69112783
How do you mean?
>>
>>69112734
>hollywoodmustdobetter
Why dont you get off your ass and make your own god damn movie?
>>
>>69112886
god i hate this clown
>>
>>69112947
>>69112883
>>69112844
Homosexual directors make their own movies.
>>
>>69112984
guaranteed replies
>>
>>69112844
>>69112883
>>69112947
when's the last time you or anyone you've ever known made a movie
>>
#Hollywood must shoehorn homosexual propaganda into movies
>>
>>69112783
This this and this
>>
>>69112734

Fuck off to >>>>/lgbt/ with this bullshit.
>>
>>69113023
Surely there have been many famous directors who were closeted.
>>
>>69112734
Its funny they cry about wanting to be represented, when they, along with most minorities are OVERREPRESENTED in Hollywood. There was a study done in I think 2013 where people were asked what they thought demographics were based on what they saw on television. The majority thought that 25% of the population was gay/lesbian/bisexual. They also thought blacks were like 40%-50% of the population. Neither of those are close to being accurate. A lot of these people say they want tv/movies to represent the ''real world,'' well they need to start by reducing the number of gays in their productions.
>>
>To pass the Vito Russo Test, the following must be true:

>The film contains a character that is identifiably lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender.
>That character must not be solely or predominantly defined by their sexual orientation or gender identity. I.E. they are made up of the same sort of unique character traits commonly used to differentiate straight characters from one another.
>The LGBT character must be tied into the plot in such a way that their removal would have a significant effect. Meaning they are not there to simply provide colorful commentary, paint urban authenticity, or (perhaps most commonly) set up a punchline. The character should “matter.”

What a hell?
>>
>>69113008
>American trump supporter who is in the UK at the moment
>go into Trump generals every day and insult him because I get 20 (you)s in under five minutes every time
>>
>Hollywood has too long been the rule of straight white men

If instead of identifying them as straight white men you just identify them as the Hollywood club you notice that people are not getting movies made because they are straight white males, they are getting made because they are in the club or are friends with someone in the club.

You don't complain that you can't get into a VIP lounge because you are gay, you are not getting in because you don't know anyone in there. Theres a hell of a lot of straight white males not getting into hollywood too.
>>
>>69113104
They are underrepresented in Hollywood movies, but overrepresented in American TV shows.
>>
>>69113182
He's right, you know.
>>
>>69112984
look at this dood
>>
File: 1447099674227.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1447099674227.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>tfw gay but a majority of the rest make me look like a whinny faggot
>>
>>69113520
quit your whining
>>
>>69113104
>There was a study done in I think 2013 where people were asked what they thought demographics were based on what they saw on television.

That's the least useful statistic of all time. People are fucking retarded and misjudge the real proportions of shit all the time. The only race overrepresented in Hollywood is white people.

http://annenberg.usc.edu/pages/~/media/MDSCI/Inequality%20in%20700%20Popular%20Films%2081415.ashx

Meanwhile gay actors are roughly at parity with their percentage of the population at 4 or so percent.

Why do people think there are more gays and blacks than there actually are? Probably because they actually notice gays and blacks on television by their orientation and race instead of ignoring it when it comes to white people. Yeah sure only 1 out of 9 actors in Hollywood are black, but the fact that they're black makes them way the fuck more noticeable on a casual viewing because holy shit that guy looks different than me, that's weird.
>>
>>69113161
are you just being ironically retarded?
>>
>>69112734

>The Danish Girl
>Carol
There were literally 2 Oscar-nominated movies about lgbt shit this year only. This campaign is retarded.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.