[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's May the 4th Say something nice about the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 37
File: 4610638-2049597864-QuiGo.jpg (58 KB, 552x760) Image search: [Google]
4610638-2049597864-QuiGo.jpg
58 KB, 552x760
It's May the 4th

Say something nice about the prequels

Hard mode: No mentioning Ewan McGregor, the score, or the world-building
>>
>>69110679
They are so memorable we are talking about them 15 years laters
>>
File: Droideka-SWE.png (117 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Droideka-SWE.png
117 KB, 360x360
These things were amazing, why didn't they make more?
>>
>>69110679

They are instantly recognizable and have a very unique aesthetic and design.
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1438x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1438x612
They are great films.
>>
>>69110679
I did not die once during a screening of these movies.
>>
File: 1429721546105.jpg (116 KB, 810x440) Image search: [Google]
1429721546105.jpg
116 KB, 810x440
Mechanical design was impressive, although that and concept art in general would fall under world-building, wouldn't it?
>>
They plinkett reviews are kino
>>
>>69110679
Darth Maul was a pretty cool villian.
Qui-Gon Jinn was also alright.
>>
They exist.
>>
>>69110679
As I recall they were all in focus.
>>
Clone troopers are fucking badass

What do you prefer /tv, phase I or phase II? (Episode II vs Episode III)
>>
They made for great maps in battlefront 2
>>
>>69110679
The tall aliens looked pretty cool.
>>
>>69110679
They've given me hours of conversation material throughout the years.
>>
>>69110824
Why did the Jedi use a proto-TIE fighter though?
Why not the rank and file Republic forces?
>>
>>69110874
phase 1
>>
>>69110679

Darth Maul should have been in all three prequel movies.
>>
File: Grievoushead.jpg (206 KB, 1302x1650) Image search: [Google]
Grievoushead.jpg
206 KB, 1302x1650
General Greivous is an awesome villain design
>>
File: 1437876414478.jpg (45 KB, 601x557) Image search: [Google]
1437876414478.jpg
45 KB, 601x557
>>69110874
Phase II a best.
>>
File: 1409345889319.jpg (64 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1409345889319.jpg
64 KB, 533x800
>>69110974
That's not the image I wanted. Take this instead.
>>
The sound and music were both great.
>>
>>69110679
The plot.
>>
https://youtu.be/qzVBqBosf5w
>>
Natalie Portman in that one white outfit.

They gave us an idea of the scope of the Star Wars universe. I guess that counts as world-building, I don't know.
>>
Prequels had some pretty serious GOAT sound design

I'm too lazy to look up specific videos right now but you can't tell me that there weren't some seriously memorable sounds in the movies; the ships, the sonic charges in Episode II, that Lizard in episode III
>>
>>69110679
Back in high school, at the time Revenge of the Sith came out, we had a late start morning one day, and me and a group of friends went to Denny's for breakfast, then went to Walmart because we had still had a little time and saw that they had those cheap telescopic lightsabers that you could clip to your belt. We each bought one and brought them to school and had lightsaber duels in the courtyard. The next day other people from our class did the same thing, and the day after that even more people still. Things continued like this for the weeks, and by the end of the year just about everyone in our school carried a lightsaber. Had massive Attack of the Clones style duels during lunch. For some reason the lightsabers never got banned either. Shit was so cash.
>>
I love the a lot of the ideas behind the films, especially that the Republic turns into the empire through political maneuvering.
>>
>>69111109
And it's soooooo original
>>
>>69110917
They had the V-wing. The fighters the jedi had were beefed up ones capable of operating without a mothership.

I know it's fiction, so they could easily have reversed it however. I think it has more to do with them only having time to showcase two ships really, so they gave the clones the predecessor to the X-wing, and the Jedi the predecessor to the TIE fighter. It's backwards, yes, but sticking the jedi in the big beefy ships would have been strange.
>>
>>69111132
But Rome became an empire through war, more or less.
>>
>>69111153
Don't we only see the V-Wing in the end shot of ROTS?
The episode 2 Jedi fighter was fine.
Should have kept with that one and have the V-Wings more as the regular airforce
>>
File: 345_5250_ucp.jpg (72 KB, 450x595) Image search: [Google]
345_5250_ucp.jpg
72 KB, 450x595
make way bitches
>>
>>69111204
>But Rome became an empire through war
Not really.
Caesar maneuvered into power essentially without bloodshed.
Cleaning up Pompey was pretty much a mop up after the fact, like Order 66
The difference is that when Cassius and Brutus came to Caesar to tell him that it's treason then, he didn't have a hidden lightsaber or sick spins
>>
>>69111204
Most Empires do. It's hard to spread imperialism when you just show up to neighboring countries and say, "hey, would you mind paying taxes to and heeding the laws of some far away country you've probably never head of?"
>>
>>69110679
they're good enough to hate for not being actually good
>>
>>69111105
my school was like that except different
there was a terrain of woodchips and the school kids started collecting a particular type of woodship that became accepted as a currency
there were children bringing in toys to sell for these chips in little markets everyone collected them because it was pretty cool being rich

it was a very liberal school that allowed alot of creativity in that way
>>
>>69111297
>The difference is that when Cassius and Brutus came to Caesar to tell him that it's treason then, he didn't have a hidden lightsaber or sick spins
>The difference is that when Cassius and Brutus came to Caesar to tell him that it's treason then, he didn't have a hidden lightsaber or sick spins

top kekkeroni brother
>>
>>69111297
I think you know far more about history than I do. Didn't Caesar still have to fight his way into Rome? Crossing the Rubicon and all that?
>>
>>69111362
And the the Feds busted in and hauled your asses off to jail for issuing illegal currency. A valuable lesson was learned that day.
>>
sheev spin is a top meme
>>
>>69110679

Duel of fates is a fantastic theme and Darth Maul is actually a good Sith lord.
>>
Star Track Wars sucks.
>>
Revenge of the Sith is a fantastic achievement. Its labyrinthine opening shot— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

If I had seen ROTS in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of the movie is a Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.
>>
>>69111411
Nah.
It was only the threat of violence. The Rubicon was the river that separated the provinces from home Italia.
No legions were supposed to be in Italy.
The Senate told Caesar to disband his legion and come home for what was essentially a court martial.
Caesar replied that he'd come back to Rome to answer for his "illegal" term as governor in Gaul only if he could be allowed to be elected governor again in proxy (being governor gave him certain immunities).
The Senate voted no, and he said "Fine, I'll just have my legions with me to ensure that the vote is nice and legal".
Once they heard that, half of the Senate left Rome with Pompey (the leader of Caesar's opposition and his former ally).

So, yeah, while he marched on Rome with a legion at his back, when he got there, the doors were wide open and only his supporters/neutral parties were left in the city.
Caesar was then quick to announce that anyone who wanted to come back was welcome and he'd forgive anyone who spoke up against him.
He did that too. Not all that bad a guy.
>>
>>69111256
>>69111256
What are the blue/white and blue/green marshmallows?
>>
>>69111609
sugar and food coloring.
>>
>>69111635
Yes, but what are they supposed to look like?
>>
>>69111490
i don't live in freedomland, this doesn't happen here
>>
>>69111609
It's Episode 2 so I'm guessing that one is Clone related and the other is Geonosian?
>>
>>69111674
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hCx-fuCIB-I
>>
>>69111674
my bad.
I have no idea. I'm going to guess R2 for the blue/white, and maybe a planet for blue/green?
>>
File: tfa.jpg (1 MB, 2160x1417) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
1 MB, 2160x1417
here's a challenge

say something good about the force awakens
>>
>>69111740
Kylo Ren's physical design is really good
>>
>>69111740
I really like Kylo's blade design.
>>
>>69111740
Kylo's freeze power.
>>
Duel of the Fates is a legit great musical piece
>>
>>69111570
You spergin, bruh?

He spergin, bruhs.
>>
Prequels: Qui Gon is cool, Maul is cool and I enjoyed the Yoda vs Dooku fight.

>>69111740

3.5/4 stars. On par with the originals. Great new characters. Visually impressive
>>
>>69110679

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNSq5wYdwb0

This is one of my favourite scenes in the entire saga. It's well acted and really cute
>>
>>69110679
coooooooooooooorn on the cob
COOOOOOOOORN ON THE KEBAB
>>
>>69111740
Literally everything before they enter the MF and Kylo Ren.
>>
>>69111740
its better in every way to the prequels
>>
>>69110679
I watched the prequels as a kid. I'd already seen the OT prior.
I loved them at the time. Perfect films for my age.
I tried to watch them again last year, I was fun (desu I never understood the hate for Jar-Jar, sure he was annoying but imo hardly deserving of the memetic hatered he's accrued) II was too cringe to watch Haden Cristiensen or whatever was fucking terrible - he's an ok actor, but terrible in II, and III was ok, but the entire time I was thinking; why aren't we seeing the clone wars?

In response to OP, Lucas' use of CGI was terrible, though pretty understandable
>I was talking to a friend earlier, was CGI kinda newish when episode I came out?
The story in I was weak, so much potential in the actors, wasted on trade negotiations etc.
II, honestly I can't remember enough to say anything about it.
III
>DIED OF A BROKEN HEART SENPAI
>>
>>69111740
Er... it was better than having my teeth ripped out? Actually I'm not so sure.
>>
>>69110917
I think the wings were solar pannels or similar, the Clone fighters wouldn't need that, since they'd never go far from the capital ship.
>>
File: purgingrebelscum.jpg (82 KB, 811x892) Image search: [Google]
purgingrebelscum.jpg
82 KB, 811x892
The prequels gave us the Plinkett reviews, which are far more entertaining than the film's ever were.

In addition, the novelization of Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover is fucking based. The gymnastics he pulls to weave such a great story out of the shit he was given is awe-inspiring. The characters are great, the style completely makes it, Stover wipes his ass with Lucas's hack fraud jowls. Seriously one of my favourite books purely on its own merit.
>>
They're exciting, and the final culminating battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin was poetry.
>>
>>69111946
TIE Fighters weren't either.
Obi Wan specifically says that in ANH
>>
>>69111740

Rey's theme is great, the film itself is great until Rey and Finn meet.

I also like how they brought back Nien Nunb and Admiral Ackbar, and also got the same guys to play and voice them
>>
>>69111740
Harrison Ford was more awake then he was in Crystal Skulls.
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 1280x544
>>69110679
Beautiful cinematography.

The podrace was spectacular in terms of its groundedness, and geography. There could have been more shots in the stands, but that was very well done.
>>
File: 1461179653554.jpg (131 KB, 1914x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461179653554.jpg
131 KB, 1914x1080
>>69111740
There were some cool ideas but I can't say that I hated them not being used/dumbed down because I'm supposed to say something nice
>>
>>69110679
SHEEV
H
E
E
V
>>
>>69111740
1. It has Oscar Isaac in it, a man so charismatic he turned a two-dimensional throwaway character into a fan favorite.
2. Finn is a fairly rounded character. He's something we haven't seen yet in Star Wars. Also John Boyega did a good job.
3. Han Solo didn't phone it in for once.
4. BB-8 a cute.
5. Kylo Ren's sword, voice and outfit are cool.

tl;dr good characters, shitty plot
>>
>>69111105
Ich bin jelly senpai
Me an my friend had to use imaginarysabers.
Take one hand and make a thumb, wrap the other around the thumb.
You gotta fight with the saber, it only extends to the floor when you hold it as far pointed down as you can without twisting.
Bad form to phase through the other saber, duels would last all break - since we were both jedi masters so it would be silly for one of us to be able to kill the other one every break.

OMG ffs
I'm pretty drunk RN. Fuck I'm feeling nostalgic for year 5, jebus
>>
>>69111204
rome switched between emprire and republic like 10000000 times motherfucker
>>
File: 1461181116705.jpg (134 KB, 1920x948) Image search: [Google]
1461181116705.jpg
134 KB, 1920x948
>>69112054
and here's another.
Dakku would have been cool if the concepts weren't so much better.

>concept art has life flourishing in the ruins of the Empire
>Dakku is just everything is ruins
>>
>>69110880

I just bought that shit for 2 bucks on Steam.

Great fucking times; it's crazy how much better it really is than the new one in all departments save for visual fidelity.

Seeing the Pandemic logo on startup makes me sad tho.
>>
>>69111982
>TIE Fighters weren't either.
weren't wat friend?
capible of going far?

I dunno, are the folded wings of a TIE figher slar pannels or something?

pls divent call me names becayse of my lack of SW knowledge

I wanna talk butt I',m a bit dunk.
>>
>>69112127
>could have had a city in the ruins of a broken SD
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1280x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1280x537
>>69112054
Very cool concept art.

Chiang's vision of walkers rotting on their feet makes you wonder if they would be worth climbing.

McCaig has a great sense of the dirty cyberpunk design that kind of lacking in TFA.

Alzmann gives a very Samurai look to Rey that looks like the cops in the next episode.
>>
>>69112069
I forgot my biggest problem with TFA: the world building is fucking terrible. Nothing about it makes sense. If the Republic controls in charge, why is there a "Resistance"? Did the Starkiller attack wipe out the entire Republic? Why is everyone still using X-Wings and TIEs? Where are the Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings and TIE Interceptors?
>>
>>69112237
The Republic and the First Order basically split the galaxy and agreed to a truce. The Resistance is an independent* group that tries to keep the First Order from getting up to too much.

I don't know why there were no Y-Wings, desu. Would've been good for a bombing run. In fact the whole Starkiller thing would have benefited from a huge space battle but I guess they wanted to go the nostalgia route with only a few small fighters.

*The Republic secretly funds the Resistance so they're not entirely indepdendent
>>
>>69112197

They're a short range fighter, pretty much exclusively launched from space stations and star destroyers.

They have solar panels on the wings, probably to save on fuel costs. They were designed to be a cheap, expendable ship. Quantity over quality
>>
>>69112127
>A Venetian Jakku
That would have felt different

>Flash Gordon in Waterworld
Nice designs by Church.
>>
>>69111016
That Helmet
>>
>>69112237
nostalgia.
A-wings confirmed for VIII
>>
>>69112398

I was happy at first when I saw that they were returning, but then it's just going to be the same shit as TFA. "Hey you liked this ship in the original trilogy! Here it is again!"

They really need to learn from the prequels, and make designs based off the X-wings etc and not just copy them straight.

The ARC-170 and Z-95 are believable predecessors to the X-wing. They should have just expanded on that design instead of rehashing McQuarrie concept art
>>
>>69112054
>Kira Rey
>circular Droid with orange colors
>>
>>69112359
maybe the bent wings are meant for increased aerodynamics? - the fighters onboard the capital ships would be used of space fights, and they'd have a "surface fleet" for airborne planetary defence, so the jedi starfighters would need the best of both worlds.

Is it true they didn't have oxygen? I know in the old testament all the TIE piolets had masks, and whe I was watching VII and they stike the TIE fighter I was thinking, but wouldn;t they suffocate.
OFC there could have been upgrades since the OT, but IDK

The Jedi starfigher had a kinda docking port/hyperdrive attachment, seen in ep II i think - as OH BE WHAN comes into orbit around Geonisos - mebby kamino, mebby both.
So mebby muh long-range point wasnae as valid as I thought
>>
>>69112539
What's your point?
It's TFA concept art.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1497x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1497x873
>>69112054
Erik Tiemen's looks like a spectacular background artist. I don't know if it was roughed out or painted by him but that image looks great. Very much like SOTE.
>>
>>69110742
budget cuts
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 900x1199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 900x1199
Whenever I see the prequels I definitely think that the costume design captured something about the late 90's but transposed in an alien context. It somehow looks like the era of baggy orange jeans, sketchers shoes and the iMac.

A lot of the prequel memes appear to have a lot of the distanced irony of the 90's as well, like it was a very 'post-Simpsons' rather than a mid-90's Survivalist tone. That irony kind of destroys the aura of the early fantasy serials though.
>>
>>69110742
Too slow outside ball-form and in formal warfare the shield goes down to grenades.

Also useless outside of buildings because then there's the range for missile hits.
>>
>>69110679
darth maul was bad ass
>>
>>69112923
Could you be any more wrong
>>
Puppy fat Padme is best Padme.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 500x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 500x227
>Anakin reads the symbols without looking at them
This blew my mind as a pre-teen... 'How did Lucas think of it?' It seemed so subtle but so relatable... I later learned that this was how the Dalai Lama is chosen.
>>
>>69113096
Your mind is going to be blown when you watch Ghostbusters
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1280x544
>Qui-Gon is a hippie non-starter who gambles, and disobeys the Council because he's also a eugenicist
This seemed like more complex Characterisation than it's often credited as being.
>>
>>69111810
Spotted the plebbitor
>>
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 1920x816
The element of Qui-Gon having political opposition against his own cult was interesting. That turns up in the Council scenes. Obi-Wan Kenobi is obliged to choose between Qui-Gon and Yoda, and one of them has to be wrong.

Moments like that force an audience to think for themselves.
>>
>>69113190
But Lucas was definitely aware that he was going for a Tibetan and not a Ghostbusters vibe.
>>
>>69113096
This scene seemed superfluous given that they established you can just read someone's blood to check their force power.
>>
>>69113442
What I'm saying is that "People asking what someone sees on the back sides of cards".
Is a really really common trope.
>>
File: hsf.jpg (98 KB, 346x566) Image search: [Google]
hsf.jpg
98 KB, 346x566
>>69110679

They're the greatest, largest budgeted independent films of all time. Fox was merely the distributor, not the financier.

Never before or again will a billionaire use his personal fortune, lavish staff and proprietary assets to bring his imagination to screen.
>>
File: image.jpg (913 KB, 2247x1138) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
913 KB, 2247x1138
>>69113466
True, but it's a trope quite rooted in ritual observances however, so it doesnt feel out of date.
>>
File: Grand_army_formation.jpg (208 KB, 1800x767) Image search: [Google]
Grand_army_formation.jpg
208 KB, 1800x767
I could make a new thread for this but since this is already a prequel thread I'll ask here:

Do you think the shitty prequel CGI will ever be forgiven? We don't think of the special effects from the original Star Wars films as bad because not only are some of them pretty good, but we understand that it was a limitation of the time the movies were made. Will we ever reach a point where we look back on the prequels and think "it's the best CGI could do at the time" instead of berating them? Or are they doomed forever for not using practical effects?

pic unrelated
>>
>>69113363
I liked the scene where Dooku brings up the corruption in the senate and how Gin's apparent disgust with the whole system

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXHDpCe-KI
>>
>>69113643

Dooku being in The Phantom Menace would have made the film a lot better.

If I remember right, Lucas wanted him in it but Christopher Lee was doing another film
>>
>>69113586
All of the foreground CG manages to make those scenes unwatchable. Disney will probably reshoot them at some point.
>>
Weird Al made a damn good song about the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU
>>
File: dfsfds.jpg (30 KB, 499x299) Image search: [Google]
dfsfds.jpg
30 KB, 499x299
>>69111740

Poe Dameron
>>
>>69113586
It's unexcusable because they had the money to hire some extras instead of resorting to ugly CGI.
>>
File: jurassic-park.jpg (302 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
jurassic-park.jpg
302 KB, 1296x730
>>69113586
>"it's the best CGI could do at the time"
>>
File: pod racing.jpg (81 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
pod racing.jpg
81 KB, 680x800
>>69110679
It gave us this vidya game masterpiece.
>>
>>69112107
No it didn't. Sure they had dictators but it things always went back to normal after they died or stepped aside. Augustus changed that
>>
>>69112979
>laughing clone commanders.jpg
>>
>>69113766
>Their response it didn't trill us
>Closed the doors and tried to kill us

Top kek
>>
>>69110679
dart plageuis 'the waise'
>>
>>69113895
fuck off /v/
>>
>>69113895
Anyone remember Jedi Power Battles? I had the demo and played that shit over and over again
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1629x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1629x550
>>69113782
The cameo actors were the best part of TFA.
>>
>>69113994

That game is responsible for my love of Plo Koon

He had a yellow lightsaber in that game (I think) and I thought he was so cool because he had a unique lightsaber colour
>>
>>69110679
Even though the clones were handled poorly especially the entire clone wars it was still good to see them.
>>
honestly I liked about every lightsaber duel

Anakin vs Obiwan was entertaining (mentioned Ewan McGregor and I dont care)
>>
>Saber Creator for your inner autism
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure
>>
>>69113994
>>69114090
Plo Koon is patrish
>>
>>69110679
Darth Maul.
>>
File: patrick accordion.jpg (73 KB, 1197x935) Image search: [Google]
patrick accordion.jpg
73 KB, 1197x935
>I am a slow learner.

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: dooku.jpg (100 KB, 1436x718) Image search: [Google]
dooku.jpg
100 KB, 1436x718
Find a flaw, /tv/.
>>
>>69115063
That he's a slow learner.

It was foreshadowing that he would lose the fight
>>
>>69115112
He wasn't used enough
>>
>>69110679
Ian McDiarmid
>>
>[Palpatine] laughing; "Good Anakin, good. Kill him."
>>
>>69115193
Real talk, Dooku had maybe 4 scenes in the entire franchise, tops.
>>
Sheev is the best.
>>
>>69111740
the 3d
>>
>>69110679
They ended.
>>
>>69110679
I like the lightsaber fights
>>
>>69116126
>dubs on /tv/
Nice meme /b/tard
>>
>>69116213
>in a Star Wars thread
>tell others to go to /b/

Nice ruse
>>
>>69116213
Check those and tell me they aren't dubs
>>
>>69116238
At least I'm on topic, shitposter-san.
>>
>>69116265
Eat a cock golden boy

>>69114268
>>
>>69110679

17 years later we're still talking about it.
>>
>>69116378
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 750x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 750x317
>>69110679
Get a load of this ramshackle design!
>>
They say these movies are aimed at kids but they're definitely do a good job of it

Being a kid and watching the prequels was actually a pretty good time of it, lightsabers and jedi were awesome
>>
>>69110679
>>69110679
> I've had it with these mutherfuckin siths in this mutherfucking senate.
SLJ GOAT FTW
>>
>>69116667
pretty based tbqh famalayan
>>
>high ground

pottery
>>
The clone wars tv show is awesome. Also darth maul is a magnificent part of the prequel.
>>
>>69110917

I took that as a nod to the ambiguity about how 'good' the Jedi were (e.g., as Anakin discussed them) and the Separatists etc.Not saying they actually were bad, just sort of muddled.
>>
>>69110679
Order 66 you scrub.
>>
>>69110679
They introduce a few characters that I like a lot, Qui-Gon, Dooku and Windu.

There's quite a few designs I like quite a lot, Battle Droids, Droideka's, Grievous, Maul (sorta), Kit Fisto, the green colliseum alien from Ep. 2 (axl-something or other).

I appreciate looking at Natalie Portman.

I love quoting Anakin from Episode II

Podracing, for a while and only on the first viewing.

Providing the basis for an awesome Podracing video game.

Providing a basis for The Clone Wars show.

That wasn't so hard actually, though I agree they're pretty bad.
>>
>>69110679
Duel of the Fates
>>
>>69110679
They didn't ruin Obi Wan's character
>>
I liked the lightsaber battles.
I don't care if they were an over choreographed mess, they were fun to watch.
>>
Prequels have the best lightsaber duels
>>
>>69112237
Its in deleted scenes where we were supposed to see Leia at the Senate requesting aid from the New Republic but she didnt succeed. Thats why they had this privately financed organ which is the Resistance. Some senators etc are agreeing with Leia but only a minority.

I guess it's Disney that wants to make money with the probable future re editions.
>>
>>69111740

Kylo Ren.

So far only dark side user who feels a natural pull towards the light.
>>
they made the best games.

OT battlefront sucks compared to PT battlefront. so much less variety since the rebels don't have shit.
>>
File: Rebel_Combat_Tank.png (232 KB, 596x441) Image search: [Google]
Rebel_Combat_Tank.png
232 KB, 596x441
>>69123320
>rebels don't have shit
You're kidding, right?
>>
General Grevious was a great character Poorly written in
>>
File: 11099729.jpg (162 KB, 295x475) Image search: [Google]
11099729.jpg
162 KB, 295x475
So I'm about 2/3 into this novel
Its pretty mediocre to be honest
The politics are just tedious and confusing

I wish Luceno focused more on Tenebrous and Plagueis rather than just writing a Sheev origins story

Any other SW books worth reading?
>>
>>69115112
He should have been the main villain during the prequel trilogy
>>
>>69123538
They don't get to use it much as I recall
>>
>>69111740

Finn.
>>
>>69123826
They get it on almost all the maps the imperials get the IFT-T on, and a few less than the AT-ST appears on.

Pushing it back to BF1, the X-Wing they got was the absolute best fighter.
>>
>>69110679
The world building was the worst part.
>>
>>69110679
>Hard mode: No mentioning the only decent parts of the PT
>>
>>69110679
The creature/alien designs, Ian McDiarmid, and the Jedi arena scene, to name a few. Also, the Jedi characters/designs in general. Based Kit Fisto.

>>69111740
Grumpy Solo, Opening sequence, Finn and Kylo Ren
>>
File: image.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
404 KB, 853x480
>go to save the Jedi from execution in an arena
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>69124681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzifrtF8BbU&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>69111016
Fives was so based
>>
File: 1.jpg (84 KB, 695x931) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84 KB, 695x931
please dont do this
I've only just started hearing it today
the prequels haven't earned their place in pop culture
>>
>>69125561
Heh.
That's pretty good.
>>
File: TFAcinegrid4.png (3 MB, 1725x900) Image search: [Google]
TFAcinegrid4.png
3 MB, 1725x900
>>69111740

It had some real nice visuals.

I just straight up like the movie though.
>>
>>69111740
Kylo ren's voice with the helmet
everything else is crap
>>
>>69110708
FPBP as always.

Also I love the fact that they took the audience to varied and new locations thought the while trilogy... Unlike other movie who just recycled old locations and to pander to nostalgia fags. I miss George ;_;
>>
>>69111884
NO
>>
Phantom Menace is a magical film.

Best movie outside the original trilogy
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.