[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>According to a conference call held with reporters by CBS’s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 5436.png (149 KB, 620x260) Image search: [Google]
5436.png
149 KB, 620x260
>According to a conference call held with reporters by CBS’s president, Les Moonves, the new Star Trek series will debut in January 2017, with one episode released per week. It’s not much different from how CBS airs its programs now, except that “All Access” will cost an extra $6 a month.

>The news that Star Trek was returning to TV excited devoted fans of the franchise, but online chatter mostly focused on how quickly they’d be able to watch the season before unsubscribing from the service. The fan site TrekCore acknowledges, sadly, that such a “binge and bail” tactic won’t be possible—which is exactly what CBS wants.

Dead on arrival
>>
>>69107441
This level of retarded corporate shit is almost enough to make me go from Republican to Communist
>>
Has CBS made a right move in the last decade?

Why are they racing to the bottom?
>>
>>69107441
>implying "binge watching" a show in one day like a lazy NEET is preferable to waiting in anticipation every week for a new episode
This is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>69107793
>implying being a lazy NEET isn't god-tier
>>
>>69107793
>he thinks there's something wrong with being a lazy NEET

do you know where the fuck you're at
>>
>>69107831
>>69107861
:^)
>>
>>69108081
Have I been taken for a ruse cruise?
>>
This devolved into meme sludge pretty fast, maybe a new record
>>
>>69107793
considering all modern shows end every episode with a cliffhanger it makes sense to want to watch it all at once. Trek episodes are always self-contained. there's no reason to watch it all at once. in fact, it's probably a bad idea to do so. you need to 'cleanse your pallet' between episodes
>>
>>69108342
>you need to 'cleanse your pallet' between episodes
Sure, if you're a pleb
>>
>>69108138
yes but my point is valid, people nowadays are too spoiled by being able to watch an entire season of a show in one day and then have to wait an entire year for more episodes they'll watch, again, in just 13-14 hours
>>
>>69108342
How come shows like Dr Who are able to keep a weekly episodic format with only little hints of a story arc while still maintaining a large audience?
American shows are so obsessed with holding peoples' attention after the second episode that they'll have pointless cliffhangers every week.
>>
>>69107793
Nothing to do with being a NEET even. I'd just rather watch one season of a show over a couple of evenings than watch whatever single episodes happen to be on those days.
>>
File: 1448674974802.jpg (189 KB, 760x1016) Image search: [Google]
1448674974802.jpg
189 KB, 760x1016
>>69108342
Sure, if you're trying to get through Voyager
>>
>>69108956
me and my boyfriend only watched 2-3 DS9 episodes on a weekly basis and that didn't affect our enjoyment
>>
>>69109156
i tried to binge watch DS9 and couldn't do it. too many episodes
>>
>>69107441
>New Star Trek series
>First officer is a Muslim
>Goes to his quarters several times a day to pray towards the approximate coordinates of Mecca, Earth
>"Allah-koochie-moya"
>>
>>69109214

So it's Star Trek?
>>
>>69109214
Mainstream human religions got BTFO as early as the ENT era
If they hadn't Bashir would have been the muslim character
>>
>>69109577
the joke is that it's progressive for christianity and judaism to disappear but not islam
>>
That's okay CBS. I'll just steal it instead :)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.