[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give up after S1?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Heroes-T-1920x1080.jpg (37 KB, 556x313) Image search: [Google]
Heroes-T-1920x1080.jpg
37 KB, 556x313
I just finished watching the first season of Heroes, I thought it was great, but I've heard bad things about the subsequent seasons.

If Heroes S1 is 8/10, how would you rate the following seasons? Should I just close the lid on this and pretend the first season was totally self-contained?
>>
Its increasingly downhill from here.
>>
Just watch S02E01 and you'll know all you need to know about the rest of the series.
>>
series 2 is ok

its not great

anything after that is dire
>>
>>69107027
Yep. You'll get a much better memory of the series but sticking to season one.
If season 1 is 8/10, season 2 is a 6/10 and the rest is a solid 4/10.
>>
>>69107027
As somebody that loved Heroes and watched every single episode, I would tell you to stop there. 8/10 is a good rating for S1, and S1 is the best by far

Season 2 is like a 5/10 at best if not a 4/10. It got destroyed by the writers strike, and on top of that had a lot of its own issues, especially with Hiro's plot, which the show creator literally apologized for

Season 3 tries to really pick up the pieces and be more like Season 1, and while it stars interesting it falls on its face in the 2nd half and rapes a lot of what you like

Season 4 is just garbage
>>
There was a later episode with a supposed EPIC battle between Sylar and Peter Petrelli, but they blew so much of the series budget on earlier episodes that this epic battle happened behind closed doors

Behind closed doors, all you saw was flashes of light between the cracks of the doors
>>
>>69107146
that's in Season 1
>>
>>69107146
This show was basically all build up and no payoff.

Then the last few moments of the finale of S4 looked like it was going somewhere and boom, cancelled.

THEN they make Heroes REBORN, which is somehow WORSE than all of them. Tim Kring has like 10 different super hero shows that he can watch on TV/Netflix now and fish for ideas and he fucks up THIS BAD. Like it was bottom of the barrel. It's like he pitched the idea to NBC and only got as far as saying "Heroes, REBORN...!" before NBC was like "Yeah we want some of that cape money" and green lighted it so he threw it together one afternoon because he didn't expect to get the go-ahead. I have never seen something so bad.
>>
File: 1457117653912.png (547 KB, 374x667) Image search: [Google]
1457117653912.png
547 KB, 374x667
>>69107027
the first 2-3 are okay if i remember correctly

shit just got ridiculous later on, peter petrelli is the best character for sure.
>>
>>69107027
>If Heroes S1 is 8/10, how would you rate the following seasons?
While there are parts that are pretty cool, the series never does better than S1. I rewatched it all last year, and while I don't regret finishing it again the 'Claire goes to college' stuff was all fucking terrible. It was fucking terrible on Buffy and it was fucking terrible on Heroes.

However, HRG does consistently get better over the entire show. Just a shame everything always needs to be about Peter and Sylar, with Slyar bad then good, then the cause of the apocalypse, a good guy, then bad again, then shown to be good in an alternate future, then morally gray, then good again. Also Peter gets all the powers, then no powers, then can only copy one power, then Sylar's power, then all the powers again.

Also the whole Niki/superstrength/alternate ego thing never goes anywhere and they kill her off to reveal she was one of a set of triplets that were given super powers, introduce her ice-powered identical sister, and still never really go anywhere with it.

Every time there's an interesting story thread, it goes no where and is reverted back to the status quo after half a season. But Hiro goes to feudal Japan for a few episodes, so that's cool.

Just watch Agents of SHIELD if you want more Heroes. Once you hit season 2, it's basically just Heroes from The Company's perspective.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.