[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
he's a demon on wheels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1836r00uxs3tkjpg.jpg (166 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1836r00uxs3tkjpg.jpg
166 KB, 640x360
Recently rewatched Speed Racer with some friends. The CGI in the non-race segments can be a bit "Spy Kids-esque", and Spritle/Chim Chim can be annoying at times, but I really can't see what the fuck was up with critics at the time. The visuals are far beyond amazing, the story is simple without being childish, and the actors do well with their characters. Not to mention it is perfectly inline with the original show, in my opinion.

Prove to me this isn't the best Wachowski film.
>>
I loved watching Speed Racer as a kid and I loved this movie. I would like to see them take on other cartoons. Imagine a Wacky Races movie...
>>
I can't. It is.
>>
>>69101081
saw this awhile back on some premium channel, bretty good
>>
I'm glad I got to watch this in theaters. It was an amazing experience.
>>
>>69101557
I wish I could go back and watch it on the big screen like that. And HD was just becoming the new cool thing, too. I'll bet the ending sequence to the last race was a hell of a trip.
>>
>>69101081
Speed Racer is grade A kino. But as long as the Matrix exists it will forever be their best
>>
>>69101081
The Matrix is untouchable, but damn if this isn't a close second.

>tfw that final race
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1000x562
>>69101447
Y'know, I feel as though the Wachowskis would do a hell of a lot better with anime adaptations than anything else, judging by the fact that both of their absolute greatest movies have basically been Live-action anime.

Which brings me to my suggestion for their next movie...
Oh come on it would be fucking kino and you know it
>>
>>69101696
>tfw we'll never get a 4k remaster
Feels bad bruh
>>
>>69103158
I agree Watchowskis would do better with anime but I don't think they would do Cowboy Bebop in particular very well.
>>
File: 1415242470479.jpg (23 KB, 232x199) Image search: [Google]
1415242470479.jpg
23 KB, 232x199
>>69103393
>The Wachowskis will never make Jo Sweden their balding numale fucktoy and make this together in their spare time.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
>>69103393
Okay fine maybe not Bebop but it'd give Keanu a chance to be Spike so I'm just throwing it out there.

Also who could do a live action OPM well?
>>
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
I'm looking for a speed racer clip from the cartoon, where some coach is telling a racer he should stop racing cus he's too young.

I remember it was hilarious.
>>
>>69103569
THANKS YIFFY
>>
>>69101081
>Prove to me this isn't the best Wachowski film.
Because the first Matrix film still exists, the sequels didn't erase it from existence.

It's deffo their second best tho
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.