[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies that should get more hate on this board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: now_you_see_me_ver3_xlg.jpg (209 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
now_you_see_me_ver3_xlg.jpg
209 KB, 1000x750
Movies that should get more hate on this board
>>
>A third movie has already been confirmed
>>
It's why we hate BvS.

Same reasons.
>>
That poster is disgusting
>>
One of the worst movies with the worst cast and worst plotwise I've ever seen.
>>
>best girl not on the poster
>>
>>69088038
This movie was such a fucking mess.
>>
>Jesse Eisenberg
FLICKS VS. KINO
>>
>>69088108

I'm less than ten minutes in and it inspired me to make this post
>>
Now You See Me is fun FUN!
>>
The hypnotism bullshit was the worst part of the movie
>>
This movie had more magic than Harry Potter
>>
>>69088038
>movie about top-tier magicians pulling a heist
>all the "magic tricks" are just CGI bullshit and shit that doesn't make sense from the cop's side of things

How can you fuck it up this badly. People mastering slight-of-hand and misdirection should be perfect for a good heist movie. Add in some cold-readers for the con-side and it's even better. Just don't make it cgi bullshit magic-tricks with no basis in reality. Hire a magician to consult you in creating the heists.
>>
>>69088086
There's a second one?!
>>
>>69089164
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3110958/
>>
>>69088038
Every week I make a thread about how much I hate this film.

where you been senpai? I get about 10 replies at most
>>
>>69088038
Genuinely one of the worst movies I have ever seen, everything about it is just awful.

It's a shame, magicians pulling off a heist is actually an interesting premise, but they completely fucked it up.
>>
File: wh.jpg (7 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wh.jpg
7 KB, 300x225
>that "twist"
>>
>>69089521
Does it turn out they really know magic?
Never seen the movie obvs
>>
>>69089521
>Im so frustrated I cannot catch the criminals!! How are they doing all this?!!?!?
>Im actually the lead magician all along
I lost years from my life watching this. fucking hell.
>>
>>69089422
Does Daniel Radcliffe have a big role, or is he just at the top of the list to pull in the HP crowd? Because I've found him pretty neat in all the roles he's played except for Harry Potter. Might give it a go just for him.
>>
>>69088038
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/
>>
It has a 7.3 score in IMDB.

It's not bad at all.
>>
>>69090365
Sure, IMDB is full of 'normal' people, but I fail to realize how can someone, anyone NOT feel offended- intellectually, artistically, morally if you want- by that ending with the epic twist. It's disgusting
>>
Ruffalo's plan is probably the most ridiculously implausible thing I've ever seen.
>>
You guys are being too harsh. This movie isn't total dog shit like many of you claim it is, but I wouldn't recommend watching it more than once.

yes, the ending was bad, but can you honestly say you were not entertained?
>>
>>69088038
This is probably the worst movie each of those actors has starred in.
>>
>>69091321
>but can you honestly say you were not entertained?

Yes. I came in expecting a heist movie revolving around misdirection and shit top-tier magicians would use if they were pulling a heist. It had none of that.
>>
>>69091407
>forgetting Dave Franco was in Neighbors
>>
It definitely is the one movie I think of when I get asked "What is the worst movie you've ever seen".
>>
>>69091407
Michael Cane was in all three of the Nolan batman films, though.
>>
>>69091460
Neighbors didn't pretend to be a good movie like Now You See Me did. It's shit, but it never presented itself as anything other than shit.

>>69091467
Even TDKR was more entertaining than Now You See Me.
>>
>>69091460
Neighbours is perfectly fine for what it is, though. A modern Porkies or Revenge of The nerds or whatever.

Your Highness is the real low mark. That crap had absolutely nothing going for it except "lol weed movie".
>>
File: a.jpg (272 KB, 800x1182) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
272 KB, 800x1182
>>69088038
>>
File: chu.png (63 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
chu.png
63 KB, 1280x800
>>69089164
I'm sure it'll turn out great
>>
>>69088038
Can someone remind me why this is terrible, without saying why it had a terrible story/twist? Actually explain why they are bad.
>>
>>69091321
You have to suspend disbelief pretty far to buy any aspect of this movie. Since I can't suspend anything that far, no, I was not entertained.
>>
>>69092464
Fucked that up. Just what makes the plot/twist so terrible?
>>
>>69092464
I can only suspend reality so much in a heist/crime film. Having someone definitely die then it turns out theyre not dead at all was a bit of a stretch.

Running across a roof only to turn into money at the edge falling into the crowd I cannot accept, especially as they're later seen getting into a limo with zero explanation how they did it.

Also having the money in a bank directly linked to flashing a light on a cheque (for hundreds of accounts) is something I have difficulty believing (especially when the text on the cheques also changes with the light)

But the real piss take is having a man go through the entire police force, spend his entire career building up a reputation of a good detective only to ruin it and say he actually orchestrated the entire magic tricks (still with zero explanation) for the reason of 'muh Dad'
>>
Probably the most dishonest flick ive seen in my whole life
>>
File: 1386196297887.gif (565 KB, 147x154) Image search: [Google]
1386196297887.gif
565 KB, 147x154
>>69088038
>I don't like fun
>>
>>69092572
Your exposition makes me rage even more.
>Gimme that two hours back!
>>
>>69092572
>Having someone definitely die then it turns out theyre not dead at all was a bit of a stretch.
Didn't they actually show how they did this though?

If you were going in hoping to see actually magic tricks being used then I can see why you'd be disappointed, but then not showing how they do it isn't really relevant for the plot.

>But the real piss take is having a man go through the entire police force, spend his entire career building up a reputation of a good detective only to ruin it and say he actually orchestrated the entire magic tricks (still with zero explanation) for the reason of 'muh Dad'
Who has he told though? The magician he was getting revenge against, and the girl who thinks it's fine. If he has told everyone on the force he did it then I think that's a fair complaint, but that's not the case.
>>
>>69092634
Funk you
>>
>>69092697
Funk you, too
>>
>>69092697
Its not so much tarnishing all his work in the police force, but choosing to be so much of a psychotic twat that he continued to carry out all these magic crimes a lifetime later just to get petty revenge
>>
>>69088038
The Prestige
>>
>>69088038
Why is Hollywoody trying to push Jesse Eisenberg so hard? Has he ever not been an annoying poor man's Michael Cera?
>>
>>69092734
Does it say he joined the police force solely for this purpose? If it does then fair enough, if it doesn't then he could've just come up with the plan over the last few months/years.

You can even put it up to he actually wanted to be a detective/officer and used that position to his advantage.
>>
>>69088038
The worst part is that a lot of the off-hand magic 'tricks' aren't explained at all, and we're just supposed to believe they can easily do all that shit without a lot of planning.

I was really fucking repulsed when I saw the trailer for the sequel a couple of days ago, why the fuck is that coming out.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x616
>>69088038

Me and my gf both agreed this is one of the worst movies we seen. Thank god we didn't pay full price for this and it's playing at the cheap seats.

>plot was a mess
>too many coincidences to count
>shit tier acting
>straight up boring
>>
>>69088086
how can this be a thing when 7 man illusionist teams are not?
>>
>>69092741
>Watching the prestige for the first time
>Start getting closer to the end
>Prison-Bale reaches the part of Jackman's letter about the cloning device
>Spend the remaining of the film hoping the letters turn out to be bullshit to mess with Bale
>The device is real
Why ruin an otherwise perfect movie with this shit?
>>
>>69092967
Im convinced 'Now You See Me' franchise is for money laundering like the 'Fast & Furiously' movies were before they started to go dry and killed Paul Walker to give the film genuine popularity.
>>
File: 1461941994278.gif (2 MB, 540x230) Image search: [Google]
1461941994278.gif
2 MB, 540x230
>>69092885
I'd love to go to flavor town
>>
>>69088102
So is your face but they still let you go outside.
>>
>>69093010

It didn't ruin the movie. Jackman going to absurd, horrifying lengths to replicate the trick is the whole fucking point.
>>
>>69093387
Introducing supernatural shit did ruin the movie for me. It would have been infinitely better if the cloning part was left ambiguous.
>>
File: serveimage.jpe.jpg (1 MB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpe.jpg
1 MB, 1050x1500
>>
>>69089572

That's not how it works, IMDB ranks actors on the list based off page hits and popularity.

Their is this one famous extra (forgot his name) is usually at the top of every IMDB listing higher than most A-listers because his page gets a ton of hits.
>>
>>69093010
It was to have you focus on that part, waiting for the reveal that it's bullshit, to take your mind off Borden and make the reveal less anticipated. Classic case of magician using misdirection to make the audience focus on the fanciful trick part and trying to figure out how that part's done, while he's actually employing a simple trick where they're not looking to deliver the same thing.
>>
>>69089555
see
>>69089558
>>
literally not even baiting at all, the most over rated comedy of all time.

>inb4 shirley you can't be serious
>>
>>69092634
>liking shit
>>
>>69093635
Eric Roberts?
>>
>>69093842

it's still good though.
>>
>>69093010
The movie was never about magic, it was about how far each magician was willing to go to beat the other, and both ultimately destroyed both their own lives and the ones that loved them.
>>
File: 1406363381691.gif (464 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
1406363381691.gif
464 KB, 245x150
>>69093452
i legit really liked this movie, i thought it was comfy as fuck.
>>
It's sad because I'm so onboard with a magician movie.

Like imagine they had a bunch of the world's best magicians as consultants and promised that all the magic in the show is actual real magic (By that I mean the trickery not the sorcery kind, not that I believe in sorcery I just don't want an anon to reply with >real magic) and not special effects.
>>
>>69095156
You could even have the plot involve the magicians being pissed off about some medium or whatever claiming actual magic powers, and that's why they're stealing his shit. To further tie it together so they're not just randomly stealing someone's money.

Like they're uniting to heist Uri Geller.
>>
>>69094818
The movie lost its integrity by introducing a supernatural element. It only served to lessen the story.
>>
How the fuck would Morgan Freeman ever have been convicted of stealing that money? His car had so much money in it he couldn't even fucking drive it.
>>
first part of the movie was cool because i thought it would be about illusions and stuff

then it went full retard in the second act
then it found a way to get even more retarded in the third act
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.