[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mainstream media sites like Business Insider and Vox are boldface
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13
File: 1458840267762.png (110 KB, 266x300) Image search: [Google]
1458840267762.png
110 KB, 266x300
Mainstream media sites like Business Insider and Vox are boldface mocking him now, over that old interview about Batman getting raped in prison. Does he deserve it /tv/?
>>
I hate that man
>>
>>69088031
Not remotely. There's something weird going on here, and I'm starting to believe it's got a lot to do with the man's personal beliefs.
>>
>>69088031
>Does he deserve it /tv/?
Nope, but he's a grown man so he can take the criticism like an adult.
>>
>>69088031

Yes. He's an idiot and should be mocked accordingly.
>>
Wait, what? Batman raped in prison? Who said this?nwhats going on?
>>
The film absolutely did NOT deserve the reception it got. It wasn't great but it wasn't THAT bad.

But Snyder absolutely deserves everything he gets and Warner Bros. deserves the same fate for allowing him to continue making DC films when they KNEW he thought raping Batman could be anywhere near a good idea.
>>
>>69088031
He is an artist that tried and failed, but he tried.
He also didn't do anything because he was mean spirited, just tried to be creative, so no.
>>
>>69088031
>batman getting raped in prison

wut
>>
How did Batman end up in prison anyway? Was it because he raped the Joker?
>>
>>69090113
>>69090255
http://www.businessinsider.com/zack-snyder-old-interview-batman-prison-rape-2016-5
>>
>>69088031
vox has said unwarranted shit lately
>>69088260
we don't even know what his personal beliefs are, he has said some general statements that have been completely twisted
even if he 100% meant the batman rape comment he doesn't deserve to be made into a pariah
>>
File: 0-batman.jpg (20 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
0-batman.jpg
20 KB, 400x343
all the KINO !! meme aside the movie was a disaster
>>
>>69090767
>we don't even know what his personal beliefs are,

I'm talking about the Randian/Objectivist stuff. I just can't see how a man with such a limited filmography can generate such widespread hate. 300 was good for what it was, opinions vary on Watchmen, but I enjoyed it, enjoyed the director's cut even more. Never seen Sucker Punch or Legend of the Guardians, but if they were anything other than him standing there in front of the camera for their entire run times insulting everyone's parents and beliefs, I honestly can't understand how one man garners so much ire.

There are objectively bad, cynical, blatant cash-grabs of films out there whose directors don't seem to have articles seeming to target their careers in such a way as this man does. The Ghost Rider films spring to mind. Where are the articles, videos, threads, and mud-raking for that hack or hacks?

It's weird.
>>
Vox is fucking gay
>>
>>69091151
It's really not. There have been good Batman and Superman films. Everybody knows the characters. The Marketing relys on people knowing the characters. So there are higher expextations than when doing Ghostrider. You gotta play it safe and still reinvent the character like Marvel did with Spider-Man. You don't turn every beloved character into a psychopath.

Zack Snyder tried. He had a vision. But it was a bad one. WB made a mistake hiring him. And that's why people hate him.
>>
I do think the movie deserves the hate it gets
I was shocked and surprised and then amazed at the 28% score on rotten.
Why? Because these studios usually tend to get a pass, because shitty movies from big studios usually (not always) get a pass. I was amazed because after jurassic World was praised by everyone (While being a really shitty movie) I didn't think a big movie like this could fail with audiences.
When I saw Batman V Superman i really regretted paying to see it. I Wish I saw it online. I hated wasting the gas money to get there, I hated wasting the time it took to watch while I could be home shitposting here. So yeah, I was kinda happy it got hate because it deserves it.
AS for Zack and that retarded interview, he is talking about batman being raped if he made Batman Begins.... how is that not the most ridiculous thing in the world?
>>
>>69091151
go watch suckerpunch, I dare you. go and see what Snyder does when he is not adapting a comic...
Suckerpunch should have been a warning to WB about what Snyder would do if he was given free reign. and that movie is a piece of shit
Suckerpunch is Batman and Robin levels of bad
>>
>>69088059

This.
>>
>>69090223
>It wasn't great but it wasn't THAT bad.
It was much worse, the critics went easy on it. There's nothing salvageable about that piece of shit.
>>
I'd say the majority of media publications are lemmings that try to reflect the popular opinion at the time, regardless of whether they truly believe it or not.

BvS was a flawed film but Zack at least tried (you have to him that) and it just comes off as mean-spirited to kick the guy when he's down instead of offering him constructive criticism of how he can improve.
>>
>>69093237
*have to give
>>
>>69088031
considering he cast the worse ever Flash and Wonder Man (who are both played by jews, pure coincidence), he deserves it
>>
What I'm left wondering is what is actual cause of this ridiculous meme reception to BvS. As a sane person who isn't swayed by /tv/'s shitposting I recognise that BvS is not one of the worst movies of the decade, year or even its opening week. So the question becomes: what mystery cause generated all the negativity that was released upon BvS and Snyder? What is it a scapegoat for?
>>
>>69093341
lots of things people hated before going to see it
>facebook lex luthor
>shitty wonder women
>BEN AFFLECK BATMAN (normies wanted christain bale)
>>
>>69093237
Tried what? to do the worst movie possible? how hard is to make a movie about superman and batman fighting? from the casting to the overall result, it was awful.
>>
>>69093341
The capeshit genre as whole has lost its novelty and people are using BvS an excuse to vent their frustrations.
>>
>>69093373
Affleck was so much better as Batman than Bale though
>>
File: 1457481361005.png (170 KB, 241x295) Image search: [Google]
1457481361005.png
170 KB, 241x295
>>69088260
>being a Randroid in 2016
>>
>>69092790
>sucker punch is bad
Hello, Reddit.
>>
He just wanted to make comics not just for kids; is that so wrong?
>>
>>69093391
>do the worst movie possible?
Stop exaggerating. It has problems, sure but to condemn every single aspect of it is going a bit far. For example >>69093401.
>>
>>69093455
just saw some New 52 flash comic chapters
this not killing shit is really cringeworthy, even TV Flash has killed meta humans

it's like it was made for 8 year olds and you have to teach them MUH MURDER every single time
>>
>>69093237
He got criticism from Nolan and ignored them. He's not down, he'directing JUSTice League as we speak. Fuck this guy.
>>
>>69093477
Ben was great i agree, but Eisenberg and Gadot are terrible choices, it doesn't help that the movie was bad, i'm sure they would have been decent with a good director.
>>
>>69091151
>Never seen Sucker Punch

That explains everything really.
>>
File: Alan-Taylor.jpg (168 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Taylor.jpg
168 KB, 682x1024
Meanwhile this guy directed 2 pieces of shit based on popular movie franchises (Thor 2 and Terminator: Genysis) and gets a free pass.
>>
>>69090290
>Batman raped

And DC fans keep saying that this guy have a vision.
>>
>>69093569
Thor 2 was usual Marvel trash but Genisys is legit. But obviously he will never direct another movie again because neither movie made a billion dollars.
>>
>>69088031
It's difficult to convince a producer to push her husband out of the industry. You do that by forcing her hand, that's what's happening
>>
>>69093584
>tender white boipussy in an third world prison full of big guys
He would though, in the real world.
>>
>>69088031
If you can't make a busload of money with the 2 most popular superheros in the midst of the capeshit craze you suck at your job.
>>
>>69092745
>I was amazed because after jurassic World was praised by everyone (While being a really shitty movie) I didn't think a big movie like this could fail with audiences.

Jurassic World had a dumb script but it was well directed and the actors did a really good job. It was also a fairly standard story, it's harder to fuck up when you do everything by the book. It also doesn't pretend to be anything else but a dumb Hollywood sequel.

Before release WB was saying shit like "Batman v Superman being too smart for Marvel fans" and that it was going to be the best superhero film since The Dark Knight. The movie also takes itself way too seriously, pretending to be a deep deconstruction of the genre and is really stuffed with loads of pointless symbolism.

Jurassic World got a pass because it was a stupid film that knew it was stupid. BvS was a stupid film that pretended to be smart while also having a terrible and confusing script, so critics naturally hated it.
>>
>>69093625
>Genisys is legit
It was worse than Salvation, which is saying a lot.
>>
>>69093455
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>69093569
That guy also doesn't respond to criticism by saying "2deep4u" and doesn't have fans defending him as a misunderstood genius
>>
>>69093678
>it was well directed
What the fucking fuck.
>>
>>69093647
He' a billionaire, they don't go to big guy prison in the real world.
>>
>>69093690
I'll get back to you after I watch Salvation.
>>
>>69093237
>it just comes off as mean-spirited to kick the guy when he's down instead of offering him constructive criticism of how he can improve.

Snyder is beyond helping at this point. People criticized Dawn of the Dead for having weak characters, 300 for wallowing too much on hyper-masculine violence, Watchmen for poor casting and having too much slow-motion, Sucker Punch for being pointlessly convoluted and having no stakes, Man of Steel for misrepresenting Superman and having way too much religious symbolism.

Yet all that bullshit shows up in Batman v Superman. Snyder just doesn't listen to people, the only thing he fixed in his latest movies is not having any stupid pop songs.
>>
>>69093678
>It also doesn't pretend to be anything else but a dumb Hollywood sequel.
It pretty much acjknoweldges it with the comments about how the park executives wanted a bigger dinosaur with more teeth,
>>
>>69093237
>instead of offering him constructive criticism of how he can improve
Tell that to Zods neck!
>>
>>69093569

Thor 2 was enjoyable and had a few great scenes. Loki is also a GOAT-tier villain.
>>
>>69093755

All the problems with the movie were in the script, direction was nearly flawless.
>>
>>69093798
TFA acknowledged all its references too but that doesn't automatically excuse it as being a good film in its own right.
>>
Yes, especially over those comments. He's ridiculous and should never have been handed so much power over DC's movies
>>
>>69093835
Thor 2 had literally nothing memorable in it. Even Tom Hiddleston's performance was buried under the uninspiring script.
>>
>>69093910
Nobody said it did.
But look at it this way
>one guy is a retard, knows he is and acknowledges it, and comes off as retarded
>one guy is a retard, thinks he's smarter than everyone else and spends a lot of time trying to prove it, and comes off as retarded
>>
>>69093954
My favorite "Zack is a retard" interview is the "I just like skulls, I just like axes, they're cool".
>>
>>69094058
>one guy shits on the floor
>one guy shits on the floor, and then smears it all over the walls, and acts like he did good
Well done Zack, A for effort.
>>
>>69093791
>the only thing he fixed in his latest movies is not having any stupid pop songs.
But the only good thing about Sucker Punch was the soundtrack
>>
>>69094006
It's all the same turd in the end but I'll give the second guy points for effort. It's more entertaining to watch a guy try and fail than never try at all.
>>
>>69088031
i mean, he said something dumb, he deserves it
the media went crazy over chris evans looking at olsen's tits too

that's just what media does, i don't think they have a personal vendetta against snyder or anything like that
>>
>>69094222
>the media went crazy over chris evans looking at olsen's tits too
Wait what? Did they make him put out an apology? Was his apology like
>I'm sorry for looking at her titties, but did you see them? Damn son they were fine I wanted to get all up in there and motorboat then
Then he did the laughing Evans pose and grabbed his chest

For some reason Evans is sounding like Dave Chappelle in my head
>>
>>69094222
>the media went crazy over chris evans looking at olsen's tits too
Source? For science, obviously.
>>
>>69094329
>>>/hr/2643786
>>
File: madman.jpg (63 KB, 765x612) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
63 KB, 765x612
>>69094265
i don't think he did (and he shouldn't), but that photo was in every single "celebrity news" website and tv shows

>>69094329
>>
>>69093237
>tried
Tried what?
He did the same thing as in MoS, and they already gave a lot of criticism on that.
He just took it all and ignored it, aside from this time he had Batman say straight into the camera
>LET'S MOVE THE DOOMSDAY BATTLE TO THIS DESERTED ISLAND, WHERE NO ONE IS, SO NO ONE IS GOING TO DIE, LIKE IN THE PREVIOUS MOVIE
>>
>>69094520
To think, if Batman had just winked after saying that, it'd be fine
>>
File: joe.png (789 KB, 1408x1080) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
789 KB, 1408x1080
>>69088059
I wish babydoll had a rape scene....
>>
>>69094329
They just pointed at it, but no one started saying
>WOW WHAT A MISOGYNIST
>>
>>69094532

Don't compound his idiocy with a slab of your own
>>
File: 1460906785557.jpg (97 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1460906785557.jpg
97 KB, 523x521
>>69088059

We all do in some way. For me it's not the shitty movies he made but the great elevated masterpieces he could have made. I can take a bad movie but seeing potential like this wasted just fucking hurts my movie feelings. Imagine if someone with actual vision and talent would have been behind fucking Watchmen, it could have been an exceptional adaptation that could have changed the way we perceive superheroes in movies, MoS and BvS could have had a real impact on the movie industry if they had been actually anywhere near good. He could have laid the ground stone of how a modern Capeshit should look like, he could have enlightened people that not every Capeshit flick has to be Marvel teenage entertainment. He had the money, he had the cast and time to save us all but all he did was spit in our faces
>>
>>69093625
>retconing Terminator 1 and 2
No, it's not.
>>
>>69093569
Thor 2 was a pretty enjoyable ride. Genisys i couldn't finish watching.
>>
>>69090262
gordon pls go
>>
>>69094520
I think that was Chris Terrio trying to fix Goyer's mess.
>>
>>69093569
This dude gets a free pass because no one knows who the hell he is.
>>
>>69088031

No. People are taking the quotes out of context. The Batman rape thing was a part of him talking about what he thinks qualifies as dark, and how that applied to Nolan'd Batman, which he didn't think was dark.

He's a mediocre film maker with a 50/50 track record. He doesn't deserve to get shit on like he does.
>>
>>69091920

But it wasn't a bad vision. It just wasn't what people wanted. And not being what people wanted or expected doesn't make it bad.

This "NOT MUH...."/"It should've been like..." atttiude represents 90% of all complaints about BvS and MoS.

MoS isn't even bad, its just not great.

BvS is bad, but not for the vast majority of reasons people have been pushing.
>>
>>69088031
he's really an edgy teenager inside the body of a 40 year old man.
>>
>>69093569
>non-Jim made a shit Terminator movie

That's expected, nobody is gonna blame him
>>
>>69098621
People hate what they don't understand
>>
I remember disliking sucker punch (it might have been a cool 45 minute movie but after awhile it's just bad)

But holy shit the reviews were just mean.
>zack should go see a psychiatrist instead of making movies

I mean, come on.
>>
>>69100630
This. 300, while relatively well received had critics calling him a facist etc

I wonder if he named the jew or something
>>
>>69100805
He probably said something rude at some Hollywood party.
>>
>>69090767
>we don't even know what his personal beliefs are,

He's an Ayn Rand fanboy. He thinks of himself as an objectivist.
>>
>>69094823
>watchmen
>bad

>inb4 he missed the point of the book
KYS
>>
I want you to understand up front that I'm not trolling, You may think I'm crazy, Snyder is, or we both are, but I'm not trolling.

I think he *did* give us something deep and meaningful with MoS and BvS - he's given us Superman as a "First Contact" scenario. complete with public reaction to it. That's mostly what the religious imagery is there to convey - what the people, the environment(both psychological and physical), and his own nature do to present Superman as a god to the people in his world, and how both he and the public react to it.

He's also given us a Superman that doesn't come out pre-packaged as the icon we're familiar with and lets us see him growing into that figure over the course of these films. He's not there yet, but I think he will be upon his next appearance.

I'm not alone. Argue his choice of themes and failure to convey it on a mass scale, but the fact remains that there are people who see it. Even the fact that everyone fixates on Pa Kent's death scene says something about the audience in light of the emotional impact it's there to convey and why. Essentially, it's proving the point that the overwhelming majority of people that dislike what he's doing or fail to understand it are psychologically(or literally) teenagers.

I'm sincere down to every last jot and tittle of what I'm saying.
>>
>>69093569
>Meanwhile this guy directed 2 pieces of shit based on popular movie franchises

Sometimes directors get work based on being able to deliver exactly what they're hired to make while staying on time and under budget.

Hollywood is a business.
>>
>>69101667

> Argue his choice of themes and failure to convey it on a mass scale, but the fact remains that there are people who see it

And? Just because a movie brings up its themes doesn't mean it does anything meaningful with them or are a substitute for characterization.

This idea that the movie is good because it brings up themes and references classic literature and paintings is laughable. Just because you bring something up doesn't mean you executed well, you don't get brownie points for referencing works better then yours.

The BvS arguments remind me of the fans of the Matrix sequels, they had the same horseshit arguments that consisted of "Look at all this religious symbolism! That makes it deep, the fact that Neo is a flat character with no arc makes it better and more symbolic you plebeian swine!" and they were all rightfully laughed at.
>>
File: Zach Snyders. Man of Web.jpg (54 KB, 499x333) Image search: [Google]
Zach Snyders. Man of Web.jpg
54 KB, 499x333
>>69088031
I didn't like his take on Spider-man very much.
>>
>>69101667
It's also a bloated, disjointed mess of a plot with characters whose motivations make no sense.
>>
>>69101957
But it does make it deep if it's not there for the most obvious reasons. Neo was presented to us as a Christ figure throughout the trilogy. He's essentially "Cyber Jesus," and while I like that film to greater and progressively lesser degrees, I see nothing deep about the message their symbolism is conveying.

The religious iconography is there for the exact opposite of the obvious connotations. It's there to drive home the point of how hard it would be to see him as anything *other* than a god, especially in light of what he represents concerning mankind's place in the universe.
>>
>>69102106
Forgive me. Second paragraph is referring to Superman's depiction.
>>
>>69102058
I'd say that depends on what you think their motivations are. I admit, Bruce's motivations in BvS are a bit of a stretch, but Lex's are dead on, just not overtly stated.

Sadly, I'm about to have to go run some errands, but I hope the thread's still up once I'm done, as I'd really like the chance to continue the debate.
>>
>>69101957
I don't think you consider any movie to be legitimately good.
>>
>>69102058
>character literally says their motivation
>no character motivation reeeeee

You might not like their motivation and "believe it" but they clearly state their purpose through out the film
>>
File: sadkino.png (1 MB, 1126x894) Image search: [Google]
sadkino.png
1 MB, 1126x894
>>
File: 1461821617494.jpg (163 KB, 640x794) Image search: [Google]
1461821617494.jpg
163 KB, 640x794
>>
File: 1458914739119.jpg (65 KB, 266x300) Image search: [Google]
1458914739119.jpg
65 KB, 266x300
>>
>>69101667
I agree with this man.
Everyone has to come to terms that the internet is a stage for everyone to voice their opinion on. And whether you like it or not, the vast majority that uses this platform should do a lot of introspection about why they project their self-hatred into someone else.
>>
>>69094823
Jesus Christ, THIS.
Well done, anon.
>>
>>69098766
So it's the vision we deserve but not the one anybody wants right now?

I mean seriously there will always be somebody to like something. Regardless how bad it is. If the vast mojority doesn't like a vision that's supposedly conceived to please the vast majority then it's a bad vision in it's own terms. You don't have to go to law school to find the right words to say it's bad *but*

BvS failed the audience. I haven't seen it yet but from what i hear most people were displeased. Most people also liked the ne Cap film, some didn't. Doesn't mean you have to like either. Just means Marvel is great in feeding to the masses while WB needs to get their shit together or produce way smaller movies. They should just cancel all the stand alone DCEU films and make this a Batman/Superman film series with some WW/Flash cameos every now and then. They suck at cinematic universes but their Batman films usually turn out great (out of TDKR and B&R)
>>
>>69091151
The difference is most other directors aren't constantly throwing themselves in front of cameras to talk about how great and unique your visions for films are.
>>
File: Jurassic Park by Snyder.jpg (106 KB, 593x382) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic Park by Snyder.jpg
106 KB, 593x382
>>69102043
What about his take on Jurassic Park?
>>
>>69093341
>meme reception
Stop using meme to identify things you don't like you fucking retard.
>>
>>69093455
He wasn't making it for adults either, so yeah, that's wrong.
>>
>>69088031
Yes.
The cunt was handed Batman and Superman and made TWO abortions in a row.
He's damaged their brand and WB should fire the cunt.
It's probably his wife keeping him safe.
>>
>>69093432
Hi zack
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 635x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 635x357
This guy gave you a smart villain, one that doesn't bother to tell anyone his plan, but every last piece of it is there for the audience to see. He gave you a villain smart enough to give no more away to his puppets and foes than he has to and lies to every last person he interacts with - repeatedly; yet you went in expecting the standard, formulaic monologue of goals and motivations, and when you got one, you swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. You took that mason jar of piss and drank every last drop.

You failed, and you blame him for your own blindness.
>>
>>69108194
I just wanted more jolly rancher molestation. That's why I'm upset
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.