[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outland (1981) Silent Running (1972) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x400
Outland (1981)
Silent Running (1972)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Alien (1979)
Blade Runner (1982)

Where do I go from here?
>>
Darkstar
>>
To reddit
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy
Star Trek - Into Darkness

the final consequence of space kino
>>
>>69086428
Is that the one with the giant raping worm scene?
>>
>>69086422
As long as cheesy, horribly date special effects don't bother you, here's a few more:

The Black Hole
Dune
Contact
Event Horizon
Solaris
>>
solaris, stalker, and world on a wire
>>
>>69086540
no the Beachball alien
>>
File: p20787_p_v8_ad.jpg (388 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p20787_p_v8_ad.jpg
388 KB, 960x1440
>>69086422
here
>>
>>69086685
Excellent taste!
>>
File: capture.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
capture.gif
2 MB, 333x194
>>69086604
>>69086685
>>
Europa Report
>>
>>69086422
>>69086685
>Dark City
The bald bad guy was riff raff in Rocky horror picture show.

Worth checking out:
Star the motion picture
The andromeda strain

>>69086604
>listing all that entry level kino but leaving out
La Jetee
>>
The Thing
The Abyss
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Rest of the Alien franchise + Prometheus
>>
>>69086939
Good suggestions, though Prometheus wasn't really to my liking.
>>
Pitch Black
BSG
>>
>>69086804
>watching La Jetee when you could be watching Je'taime Je'taime

Do watch both of them though. Also I don't speak French and have no idea if I spelled that right.
>>
>>69087069
I was one of those people that hated it with a passion upon release, but ended up becoming much appreciative of it over the years. It becomes much better if you just try to watch it as a movie on its own and not a companion piece to Alien
>>
>>69087401
I'm a bit hard on sci-fi in general. What irked me specifically in this one was all these purported "scientific experts" acting in ways that no scientist would ever, ever act.

Example: The helmet's not just giving you oxygen and protecting you from pathogens. It's also protecting the integrity of the site.
>>
>>69086750
Eh, I was really underwhelmed but that movie. Just seemed to lack any real character.
>>
>>69086422

Prometheus (seriously)
Soylent Green
Robocop (Verhoeven ver, duh)
Totall Recall
Oblivion
>>
>>69087538
>Example: The helmet's not just giving you oxygen and protecting you from pathogens. It's also protecting the integrity of the site.

I know, I know... (watched this again last night)
but I guess Ridley just thought having to shoot about forty to fifty minutes on the crash site was seriously hampered by the helmets.

The one thing that just kills me is the running away from rolling thing at the end. I would LOVE to know why RIdley did this...
>>
>>69089085
>I would LOVE to know why RIdley did this...

And you are not alone.
>>
andromeda strain 1971, under the skin, ex machina
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.