[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Person of Interest Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
Person of Interest is back! Get in here!
>>
>>69080491
ITT: the entire PoI fanbase
>>
>>69080491
Hello.
>>
>>69080560
sad but true
>>
>Starting with Root

That's a bad sign.
>>
This beat is "Milkshake"

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...
>>
>>69080644
Wasn't that from the Comic on trailer?
>>
The last season of the best Batman who was never Batman.
>>
So the Terminator shows up soon right?
>>
>>69080644
Or the Machine is using Root's voice.

Also, who is this song? I like it. Alot.
>>
>>69080787
The Kills "No Wow"
>>
Just got done watching a streamed version.
Was pretty intense episode, guys. Enjoy it because it ends too soon (just like all the others).
>>
Fuck, I missed it. Is it over?
>>
>>69080913
It just started.
>>
With how Machine Learning is...the key technology right now that every major corporation and government is pushing if they want to stay relevant, this show is more relevant than ever.
>>
>>69080913
No, I think the televised version just started. I found a torrent for it early though and I couldn't resist.
>>
>>69080913
Just started. Ten minutes in. Everyone is running and getting caught.
>>
>>69080949
https://kat.cr/person-of-interest-s05e01-hdtv-x264-lol-ettv-t12537772.html
for those interested
>>
I actually understood some of that.
>>
>>69080745
Have you seen The Escape Plan?

Be thankful Caviezel was never Batman.
>>
Can't believe they killed off Dominic and Elias off camera lmao
>>
aw machine bro
>>
Really Reese? The numbers are not important at the moment.
>>
>>69081031
He's an actor. He is such a could be Batman on this show. I wonder how he would do with the right director and script.
>>
File: shot0035.jpg (100 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
shot0035.jpg
100 KB, 480x480
Finch flashbacks are the best.
>>
>>69081052

It's not about numbers now. It's about fighting a was with a rival post-singularity AI.
>>
has it ever been addressed why Finch mistrusts AI's?
>>
>>69081032
No, they killed them last season. On camera. It was out of the blue. And the Evil Brit guy said that after the mob is gone the only thing they have to worry about is the Machine.
>>
>Having this conversation in front of the Machine.
>>
>>69081090

*war
>>
>>69081097
Nope. But it's understandable. The potential for it go evil is too great.
>>
>>69081031
What was wrong with Escape Plan? He was hilarious. The director told him to act like an evil Reese and that's exactly what she did
>>
>>69081097
Many academics distrust ASIs. Look up the "Paperclip Maximizer"
>>
>>69081097

Yes.

He's a dick.
>>
>>69081109
It's too much of an infant at that stage. Very easy to pull the plug and start over.
>>
>>69081097
Because he's not an idiot.
>>
Is Root the coolest anti-hero on TV? Even Reese isn't this cool.
>>
>Sugar's bad for you!
>>
>the candy bar drops out
>>
RIP MACHINE
RIP MACHINE
RIP MACHINE
RIP MACHINE
RIP MACHINE
RIP MACHINE
>>
>>69081101
Oh right, when they got complete power
>>
>>69081147

Meh. By the time we have human+ AI in real life we will have exocortex technology and will thus making the threat of AIs outstripping humans moot.
>>
Root finds herself in GTA.
>>
>>69081097
There was an episode where he was coding the first macine and all the first iteration tried to kill him and escape multiple times
>>
Acker must be having so much fun playing Root. It seems like such a blast.
>>
IA SCHMUCK BTFO
>>
kek Samaritan is trying out Carrot instead of Stick
>>
HALT AND CATCH FIRE
>>
FIRE
>>
The Machine:
Powered by NVidiaâ„¢
>>
Baby's on Fire!!!!!
>>
Whoa, what happened there? He just became an irrelevant. Did the little part of the Machine do that? Is the Machine like a tiny little Angel guarding Reese.
>>
File: hal-9000-goatse.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hal-9000-goatse.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
Daisy, daisy...
>>
Dammit, show. How can you create a machine that can break my heart?
>>
>>69081927
The 'blind spot' servers Root planted are apparently still working.
>>
Goddamit Lyle do you have no idea how conspiracies work, you are fucking it all up
>>
Bear brought the extinguisher. THE DOG BROUGHT THE EXTINGUISHER.

The one thing that broke my suspension of disbelief. HAHAHAHAHA!
>>
Well, so much for the Russian mob. He was no Elias.
>>
>>69082036

Yeah that somehow got me too. Then again I'm really tired which tends to make things more funny so maybe that applies to sadness too.
>>
>>69082107
>Bear brought the extinguisher. THE DOG BROUGHT THE EXTINGUISHER.
>The one thing that broke my suspension of disbelief. HAHAHAHAHA!

OK, glad to see the omnipotent and omnipresent Artificial Superintelligences didn't break your suspended disbelief.
>>
>>69082250
Oh, I am on board with Samaritan and the Machine. A Mary Sue dog? Nope.
>>
They're going to run The Machine on Beowulf cluster of PS3 Cells!
>>
Wait, how did Reese find Root?
>>
So this is the power of the PS3
>>
>300 PS3s
>>
Those are old PS3s too.
>>
File: ps3-1294061690919.jpg (49 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
ps3-1294061690919.jpg
49 KB, 450x600
>>
Sony always wins baby
>>
>"I don't speak nerd."
Most annoying line to ever be written.
>>
So much for that detective.

Fusco, watch you back. You aren't lucky like Harvey on Gotham.
>>
>>69082436
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_cluster
>>
>>69082480

Same model I had that literally burned up when I tried to run Skyim.

>can't run Skyrim
>will run a superhuman AI
>>
>Its over clocking!
>>
File: ps3-1331774752244.jpg (236 KB, 598x448) Image search: [Google]
ps3-1331774752244.jpg
236 KB, 598x448
CLUSTER'S BURNING UP
>>
>Convenient Liquid Nitrogen

was worse then the dog
>>
How the hell did they manage to sneak 300 PS3 into the Finch lair?
>>
>>69082596
Yeah that was pretty dumb.
>>
>>69082612
Because even GameStop doesn't want them anymore!
>>
File: Playstations-in-Racks.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Playstations-in-Racks.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1200
>Using PS3s as a super compters was an actual thing
>>
Wouldn't shooting something with liquid nitrogen make its part cold and brittle and broken?
>>
>>69082596
Okay, that was silly.

The only way they could have made it sillier was to have Bear fetch the tank.
>>
I love this show. The first season was a slog to get through but I'm so glad they put it on Netflix.
>>
>>69082695
It was gloriously dumb.
>>
>>69082596
i see liquid nitrogen dewars around from time to time on the street, not compressed gaseous nitrogen tanks like on the show
>>
>>69082669
Very cool.
>>
Ancient /v/ jokes are flooding my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sjhjFOw4Ok
>>
>>69082730
A few months ago they started syndicating PoI episodes on weekends here and my DVR caught it. Except the syndication schedule is Saturday AND Sunday and the station only shows one of them, so I only got to see every other episode to catch up until where I started watching it.
>>
>>69082596
For all of POI's many strengths, it's still a CBS show.
>>
I've followed this series for almost 5 years. It has kept me interested in Machine Learning and AI for much longer than is healthy.

They better not butcher this season, and this new episode doesn't give me much hope.

The PS3 cluster was realistic enough, but I feel like they really have a discontinuity between the last episode of S4 and 5x01. Elias didn't die on camera, he was still alive when he was last seen. The motion graphics have changed somewhat, and Samaritan's non-transition graphics looked pretty bad compared to S4.

The concepts were good, but the execution seems lacking. I had been continually impressed with the technical accuracy, but I feel like this season is about to throw that out the window.
>>
>>69083048
>They better not butcher this season
It was doomed from the moment Limitless got a full season and stayed in the timeslot longer than intended. That, compounded with CBS being radio silent on the show for many months, really spelled out it's rushed end.
>>
>>69083048
>The PS3 cluster was realistic enough

For running a superhuman AI on? No. It's laughable.
>>
>>69083082
I had hoped rushed didn't mean ruined (they have had a full year), but instead compressed. Fewer saving-the-numbers episodes, more plot progression.

I suppose if they just stick the finale and don't botch the characters so horrendously, I'll be happy enough.

Maybe the intervening year and previous seasons messed with my expectations of quality.
>>
>>69083276
It being rushed is my main worry right now. I loved this episode, but I'm not sure 13 episodes is gonna be enough.

Im scared bros
>>
>>69083257
Not that, no. But running decompression on the scale of terabytes? Yeah, I'd think a proper distributed system over the Cell architecture could work. Plus, I don't think that subway car could even HOLD 300 PS(2/3)s

But then again, there are more unrealistic things about this show.
>>
>One of the PS3s has Persona 4 downloaded to the HDD
>The decompressed Machine absorbs Persona 4's characters into its personality
>It's an Atlus world now

Greatest dream or greatest nightmare?
>>
>>69083257
>>69083352
Further, these EXPERIMENTAL high capacity RAM cards survived a fucking fire, being shot, being severely overvolted and undervolted, and actually loosing electrical persistence.

Here's a summary of Finch in this episode:
>were about to loose our thing
>this thing shouldn't work
>it won't work
>it physically can't work
>woe is me, all is lost
>IT MIRACULOUSLY WORKS
>>
did anyone else notice the machine's dialog was really different than from in previous seasons? like, it just used to answer simple questions and silently guide people with hints. it actually talked with finch in coherent sentences and shit instead of short almost-sentences like "Admin did". Now its like "hello... are you admin? if so, sorry about your dad and by the way Grace is cute. what is death? why are you going to kill me?"

it doesn't feel like an almost mute, sentient but alien computer anymore. it feels like a talkative sister or kid or some shit
>>
>>69083903
The reason it was more alien was because of the way Finch crippled it. It deleted its memories every night so it never had time to develop a personality.
>>
>>69083352
FYI that picture >>69082669 looks like 360 PS3s.
6 per side times 2 = 18 per shelf
times 4 = 72 per rack
times 5 = 360

Still, it's a lot of work to move that many PS3s, and you just don't run across piles of unused working PS3s at some e-waste recycler's place.
>>
>>69081002
>not https://kat.cr/person-of-interest-s05e01-720p-hdtv-x264-dimension-rartv-t12537759.html
>>
>>69082596
i'm thinking it was an element pre-placed or pre-planned by the machine in some way. it's capable of thinking ahead far beyond what we are.
reese said something about a utility company sometimes using them..
funny, considering the machine used to operate at least 1 utility company that we know about.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.