[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone here explain to me the logic behind the latest actions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Davos_Seaworth_(S05E01).jpg (813 KB, 1633x2210) Image search: [Google]
Davos_Seaworth_(S05E01).jpg
813 KB, 1633x2210
Could anyone here explain to me the logic behind the latest actions of this character? Is there something that I'm missing or is it just an example of terrible writing?

>Doesnt seem to care about Stannis and his army, who for all he knows is currently sieging Winterfell
>Suddenly has no beef in using magic
>It's getting closer and closer to Melisandre, to the point of giving her an awful "believe in yourself" speech
>Was willing to die in Castle Black to avenge the death of a character he met only weeks ago
>>
D&D just can't into writing. He should be doing something completely different, not even at Castle Black, and Stannis should still be alive.
>>
>>69080431
Yeah, its pretty illogical and un-Davos like. I would have thought he would want to kill Melisandre even without knowing how Shireen died.
>>
>>69080431
I don't think his beef is with the magic so much as the religion behind it.
>>
>>69080431
But if he didn't then how would the plot move forward?
>>
>>69080431
The problem is that the crisis is solved. The backstabbers confessed to their crimes and the castle is held by wildlings. Why do they need Jon back? It'd be different if they blamed Davos, or if they need Jon to rouse the wildlings, but there's no reason to resurrect Jon. Why not have Davos go to Mel, ask her to resurrect Snow to provide stability, she fails, and THEN the wildlings come through, and THEN after everyone leaves the room thinking "oof, crisis averted there" - THEN Snow comes back.
>>
>>69080583

What's the point of moving the plot forward if you are going to lose all consistency with the previous seasons?
>>
>>69080431
when melly sanders shows up in s5e10 he realizes something's wrong and she confirms that they're all dead, though doesn't specify her role in shireen's death, so he's kinda just kickin it with jon and then turns out the NW are some shit fuckers and he is gonna get killed with everyone else he thinks is kinda trustworthy

basically he's making the most expedient alliances available, seems to think Jon is a decent guy, and doesn't have fuck else to do other than be like hey magic bitch revive the dead guy with your freaky magic if you're gonna do anything

he doesn't ask her to revive stannis because presumably her being there means that his body was either unrecoverable or is fairly aware that resurrecting the dead has a proximity factor

his lack of reaction to stannis and shireen bein dead to his knowledge is shit tier writing but davbid and dabiadada are shit tier writers
>>
>>69080650
To make money you silly goose, this is HBO
>>
Stannis saw something in him. Plus he has nothing left to live for anything
>>
>>69080659
>he realizes something's wrong and she confirms that they're all dead

I don't remember this part, could you freshen up my memory?
>>
File: laughing.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
833 KB, 200x150
Melisandre, did I ever tell you how much I hate blood magic, sorcery, your religion and especially you for practicing all those things, manipulating and then abandoning my king, burning his daughter alive and being responsible for the death of my son, to the point where I already tried to murder you once? Now, with all that said, could you please perform this almost never before seen miracle on this random dude I don't really know or care about and whom I met like two weeks ago? He was a good friend.
>>
>>69080431
>>Was willing to die in Castle Black to avenge the death of a character he met only weeks ago

I mean, you've watched all the Davos scenes that establish his character, right?
>>
You're not paying attention at all. He knows that Stannis and his army fucked up, watch the last season finale. He cares about John Snow because Stannis did. He can see good intentions in John Snow, just like he did in Stannis.
>>
>>69080431
I don't think it was ever implied that he hated the magic, because he knew it was real and never referred to the magic as evil. He just knew she was manipulating Stannis.

I assume the reason he's not focused on Stannis is because he now sort of views Jon Snow as the heir to the throne, since he's the closest last living male Stark that he knows of. That's why he thinks its so important to bring him back to life.

What IS shitty writing however is that he has no real reason to expect her to bring him back to life. He had never seen it and if he had he would have asked for it to be done on a whole host of occasions, including going out of his way to find Stannis's body and ressurecting him.
>>
Davos Seaworth: Right, that's enough. (turns back to Jon) The Shield that guards the Realms of Men- that's what you swore to be. Now, I'm not a learned man, but the best way to help the most people might not be sittin' in a frozen castle on the edge of the world. It just might mean wadin' in the muck, gettin' your boots dirty... and doing what needs to be done.
Jon Snow: (sarcastically) And what needs to be done?
Davos Seaworth: (stands up) As long as the Boltons rule the North... the North will suffer. Just one man's opinion.

Davos knows that the Boltons need to be taken out. He also knows that Jons death will free him of his oath and that Jon will fight the Boltons. Davos is wading through the muck doing what needs to be done for the realm. Completely consistent with his character.

Winners BTFO
>>
>>69081001
Isn't it because he believes the threat of the others and thinks Jon is the only one willing to do what it takes to defeat them
>>
>>69081001
He hates magic dude
>>
>>69080431
Also why does he care about Jon so much all of a sudden?
>>
Stannis had the allegiance of the Watch & multiple northern lords when the Watch was under Jon's command (who in turn was able to effectively act as a diplomat and leader to the Wildlings).

Stannis is now not only dead, but a permanently broken and despised figure in Davos' eyes. Why would he risk everything to ride to Winterfell, recover the pieces of the [probably] now burned body of a man he hates, and bring it back to this witch who may not even be able to perform this feat?

Rather, he's using something he regards as unnatural and heretical as a lesser evil means to a great end - recovering the North as a whole and raising an army under a new paragon. If it doesn't work, what's lost? If it does, Jon's back in command of a very delicate situation.
>>
>>69081475
Also, the Watch's allegiance wouldn't be honored by the newfound mob rule that Davos knows is in place at Castle Black. This isn't so much a last ditch effort as it is the quickest way to solving pretty much everything he has a stake in.
>>
If Davos doesn't revive Jon and convince him to fight the Boltons, Ramsay will capture and flay him as he was Stannis' hand.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.