[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOTR/HOBBIT Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: fVHpmHz.jpg (560 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
fVHpmHz.jpg
560 KB, 2048x1365
How would you rate the Lotr/Hobbit movies?

Return of the King = Fellowship > Two Towers >>>>> Unexpected Journey = Five Armies >> Desolation
>>
Fellowship >>>>> RoTK > Two Towers > POWER GAP TO INFINITY > Unexpected Journey >>> Five Armies> >>>> the bowels of hell itself >>> Desolation
>>
Fellowship > RotK > Two Towers >>>> Hobbit nonsense
>>
God DAMN It how did they fuck the Hobbit up so bad? It's really disappointing.
>>
There is no other solution:

Fellowship > RotK > Two Towers >>> (ultimate power ) >>> Five Armies Extended Cut > UJ >> Desolation
>>
>EAGLES
>>
Rotk>>>>Fellowship>>>>towers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(a great maw)>>>>>Desolation>>>>>>>>>>>Unexpected Journey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:^)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Five Armies
>>
>>69079130
They made the action too arcade-y, overused CGI, introduced new retarded subplots, alienated the fans, then banked on Martin + Cumberfucker to attract all the tumblr girls.
>>
Fellowship > Towers = ROTK > Unexpected Journey > Desolation > 5 Armies
Basically it's a one almost constant downhill for me. However qiality drop in LOTR trilogy is quite negligible and I thought the 1st Hobbit was still somewhat decent despite it's flaws. Desolation (except the Smaug scenes) and Five Armies is where it really went to shit.
>>
>>69079244
>Martin + Cumberfucker
To be fair, they were both really good in their roles.
>>
>>69078948
Fellowship>Two Towers=RotK >>>>>>>>>>>>> Terrible movies id like to forget called the hobbit
>>
>>69080177
They're good actors, but they also get the attention of all the "superwholock" fangirls, and I'm pretty sure that's the reason that the hobbit trilogy wasn't a financial failure.
>>
Fellowship=Two towers=RotK >>>(infinity)>>> The trilogy that shall not be named.
>>
>>69080772
tumblr fangirls were more interested in shipping Bilbo and Thorin than in any Sherlock shit.

>the hobbit trilogy wasn't a financial failure.
They were prequels to a billion dollar/universally acclaimed/best picture winning franchise. Yes, each Hobbit movie did worse than the previous one but the cliffhangers of "you are going to see a fucking awesome dragon" kept normies coming back.
>>
I've only seen an Unexpected Journey and wasn't completely that bad. Not LotR quality, but not too bad.

Should I even bother seeing the other two?
>>
>>69081264
No, you'd be doing a disservice to yourself by watching them
>>
The action sucked in the hobbit movies. It was anime tier shit.
>>
Why did Peter take a jovial kids book about a bunch of short people setting out to get gold from a dragon, and turn it into an "epic legend" about a sanctimonious heir to the Dwarven kingdom reclaiming his stolen land from a dragon and defending it from the outslaught of opportunist armies and the rising influence of Sauron?
>>
File: TheodenKing2.jpg (60 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
TheodenKing2.jpg
60 KB, 600x756
>>69079414
This, though I honestly don't consider Towers and RotK and step down from Fellowship
>>
>>69082791
Why did Peter ruin the message with a shitty love triangle no one cared about, crappy CGI orcs that looked worse than in LOTR, and fight scenes that look like they came out of an anime?
>>
Return of the King is borderline Hobbit-tier during its low points. Despite its best moments, I'd put it behind fellowship as the least best in the series.

The Hobbit films are a murky memory of filler and visual white noise that I wouldn't care to rate.
>>
The battle of five armies is propf that a 40k movie is possible.

It's not proof it could be good or even watchable, but it shows that three hours of vapid speeches, overdesigned costumes, and massive cgi fight scenes is something studios would bankroll.
>>
File: Z3UntcE.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Z3UntcE.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>>69083266
40k is known for the over-the-top-ness and if they did make it it'd have to be rated r with all the gore. Fuck man I want to see that now.
>>
>>69078948

Fellowship just BARELY > RoTK > Two Towers
> All Martin Freeman Scenes in The Hobbit > Everything else in The Hobbit

Seriously Freeman was absolutely brilliant but everyone and everything else was just shit.
>>
>>69079130
What should've been one or two movies at most was stretched into three and taking a children's book and trying to match the tone and epic scope of LOTR all for the sake of money, really.

I still like the Hobbit trilogy even though it could've been done a lot better though.
>>
Didn't someone make a supercut of The Hobbit that reduced it down to two movies? I know I heard about it.
>>
>>69085462
It's called the Tolkein edit.
>>
>>69085462
http://kotaku.com/now-theres-a-three-hour-cut-of-the-hobbit-trilogy-1681224543

They reduced it to 3 hours
>>
>>69083551
I'd be a boring clusterfuck. Just watch all the Dawn of War intros on repeat for an hour and a half, and tell me how it was.
>>
>you people are actually failing to get it right

Fellowship > RotK = Towers >>> Unexpected > Desolation > Five Armies
>>
>>69086994

I personally put Five Armies over Desolation because it at least did have some emotional scenes

>Thorin's Death
>Bilbo leaving the dwarves

Those alone are enough for me to rank it higher.
>>
>>69086994
Return of the King is proto-Hobbit garbage. Take that bloviating cgi-fest and shove it up my ass, all the extraneous "emotional" speeches and filler will rip my anus apart..
>>
RotK EE > FotR EE > TTT EE = TTT >RotK > FotR > memes > TDoS EE > AUJ EE > AUJ > TDoS > BTFOa

Haven't see BTFOa EE yet.

And the actual true non-prole rating is:
LotR > The Hobbit
>>
Reminder that people who like Return of the King are typically autistic, whom enjoy the Star Wars prequels and BvS for their over-complex narratives with shallow emotional depth. This is because nuance and character arcs are impossible for an autist to fully appreciate, and they seek grandiose battle scenes and flowry speeches to experience a facsimile of these things, as a means to supplement this social deficiency.
>>
>>69080177
the casting was the best part of the Hobbit trilogy
>>
why are literal children can slay an orc that was breed for war? 5 armies was the most retarded movie i ever watch
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.