[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would anyone support this child-burning, granny-fucking,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: stannis.jpg (132 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
stannis.jpg
132 KB, 1024x512
Why would anyone support this child-burning, granny-fucking, rat-eating literal cuckold?
>>
>>69064931
That no good, two timing, sun of a gun, yellow belly, ne'er do well.
>>
Because most Stannis fags are cucks with mommy issues so they can relate
>>
>>69064931

Because at the start of his appearance, he effectively is the rightful heir for the kingdom.

He was also basically a slightly less honorable version of ned stark except he was an accomplished war veteran
>>
>>69065161
>muh rightful heir

Who gives a shit, everyone knew there was going to be a war when Robby B died
>>
>>69064931
Because book-Stannis is based, and the two will always be inextricably linked in my mind. Considered alone, show-Stannis was a cunt, and that just makes me more pissed off at the writers for turning a morally-grey unpopular hero into "lol hold my beer while I burn my daughter alive"
>>
File: 1433489964602.jpg (341 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1433489964602.jpg
341 KB, 960x540
>>69064931
I wouldn't
>>
File: 1462200282305.jpg (288 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1462200282305.jpg
288 KB, 1024x576
>>69064931

> D&D dislike a character they don't understand because he's not a mincing faggot
> make him do terrible in the story they're hacking apart

Durrrrrr! How can you like him!?!?!?
>>
>>69064931
because the actor plays him really well.
>>
>>69064931
Because best actor except maybe Dance.
>>
File: autistic cretin.jpg (294 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
autistic cretin.jpg
294 KB, 1280x960
>>69064931
Why do neckbeards love him?
>>
>>69065293
>>>/lit/
>>
>>69065392
they want to be him
>>
Because reactionary.

This is the answer to why /tv/ likes anything.
>>
>>69065418
>don't talk about game of thrones in a game of thrones thread!

for real though, stannis was one of the worst cases of D&D rape. long before he burned his daughter or was murdered by brienne they had destroyed him

show stannis was pretty much melisandre's puppet
>>
because he's the rightful king, by dubs
>>
Because he's not going to burn Shireen in the books and is going to win the battle of ice.
>>
I always saw it more as his wife being a cuckquean. How does Stannis get cucked?
>>
Only autists do because they can relate to him. He's crazy and deserved death. So glad Dany, Tyrion and Jon are alive to root for.
>>
>>69064931
RIP STANNIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xyDEu13VQ
>>
Because D&D rewrote him completely, and because the actor cast for him was great.
They continuously downplay that he is the rightful heir by every single law.
They make him a religious fanatic who burn people alive when he is an unbeliever in the books that tell his men "there will be no burnings. Prayer harder."
Instead of growing from his mistakes he keeps clinging to his rights.
Instead of it being Renly usurping him, rejecting his generous offer and putting both brothers in a kill or be kill position they make Renly sympathetic to the Starks and Stannis the evil brother.
Instead of him liberating the north, rallying the northmen and promising justice for the starks he is the guy that truly nobody likes.
He has no great victories, no moments of tactical genius.

He is flawed in the books, and I guess we all hoped we would see the same one great character on screen. Instead he is a villain because writing grey characters is too hard for GoT appearantly.
>>
>>69064931
why didnt they gave bhim his flaming sword
>>
>>69065293
They understood him perfectly. That's precisely why they don't like him, and twisted his characterization.
>>
1. Rightful Heir
2. Badass
3. Can't really blame him for believing in the lord of the light when every prophecy up until the battle of Winterfell was fulfilled
4. Burnt his child and sacrificed people for what he believed was the greater good
5. Don't give a shit about the books
>>
Any chance Melisandre resurrects him?
>>
>>69071871
Not confirmed death.
>>
He was the most competent king in the entire series
>>
stannis fanbase started from the books. in the books he was slightly better

then the show happened and r*dditors made him and his dreadful storyline their fav character
daily reminder that stannisfags are all from r/got

>>69072125
>competent
yeah, being pussywhipped by some bitch and burning his own daughter was incredibly competent
>>
File: stannisfags.jpg (118 KB, 1613x336) Image search: [Google]
stannisfags.jpg
118 KB, 1613x336
stennis already confirmed for winning thanks to meme magic again
>>
>>69072245
fuck off retard
>>
>>69072256
STANNIS
STANNIS
STANNIS
>>
>>69064931
Because they see their wicked selves in him.

>Does stupid evil shit because MUH POWER! MUH RIGHTS!
>Listens to a monotheist nutjob
>Does horrid evil shit including killing his own brother (he was gay though so deserved it LOLOLOLOL!!)

He's basically the evil christian king trope. That's why 4chan sucks his dick.
>>
>>69065287
If you read the books you would know Stannis is based af. Cersei the slut was the one spreading rumors about Stannis, because Stannis was saying Cersei slept around with half the kingdom and her brother, it was damage control.
>>
File: 1434838216792.png (34 KB, 1257x492) Image search: [Google]
1434838216792.png
34 KB, 1257x492
>>69064931
>>
>>69065423
Exactly.
>>
>>69072498
Show stannis is so much better
>>
>>69072498
Sounds like a prick even in the books.

>People like Robert but not me! It's not fair!
Christ, I wonder fucking why.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.