[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my semen demon got me to watch Supergirl with her. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 15
File: 720x405-superheroes-split[1].jpg (40 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-superheroes-split[1].jpg
40 KB, 720x405
So my semen demon got me to watch Supergirl with her. It's trash. Just terrible, and most insulting to the target audience with what the writer's must think of their average intelligence.

>like giving the slow kid the popup book to do their reading assignment on

Anyway, I've been keeping my eye out for a replacement show for her, Jessica Jones caught my eye recently when I came back to netflix (semen demon's, I wouldn't pay for that shit). It's The SAME DAMN THING. Just gothy and oh-so-topical generic social issues gloss on top. Really just terrible writing. And all those positive reviews.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they don't both share writers, because the oddly introduced and awkwardly explored interracial, gay, and light-cuck relationships-situations were cookie cutter.

>tl;dr
Jessica Jones and Supergirl are both really bad, the latter moreso but both to an inexcusable degree. But they are
>The Same Kind of Bad

If this sounds like just a bunch of bullshit, well sorry I'm high. Didn't mean to shit up your board.
>>
>>69052380
Hating capeshit isn't shitting up the board. It's exactly what the board needs.
>>
>>69052380

Its for women. Women only care about social day-to-day events.

Ofcourse a tier-2 heroine will use her powers to succeed in the work-place, otherwise it would be unrealistic.
>>
>>69052380
They are shows for teen-young adult girls.
Of course they're terrible.
>>
>>69052380
Dude I hate women lmao kill all niggers and women something something Jews.

Call me tumblr
>>
>>69052380

I don't think Jessica Jones fails on this alone, it's generally terribly uninteresting. I can imagine Supergirl being somewhat cheaply entertaining from what I've seen, but I haven't actually watched a full episode so I don't know.

Anyway Jessica Jones is bad.
>>
File: Supergirl taunting.jpg (171 KB, 833x692) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl taunting.jpg
171 KB, 833x692
>>
>>69052380
/r9k/ & /pol/ is the cancer that's ruining this website

go tip your custom made tinfoil fedora you fat piece of shit. You probably don't even have a gf and you're just making shit up to appear cool online. Nobody gives a shit about you nerd
>>
>>69055472

>I can imagine Supergirl being somewhat cheaply entertaining from what I've seen

Only got good when she turned evil
>>
>>
Is Mellisa Benoist the hottest actress to play the role of a superhero?
>>
>>69055748

Not with that giant honker she calls a nose.
>>
>>69055604
>that expression when she uses her laser vision
>her "maniacal" laughter afterwords
>>
>>69055748
I was going to say no but the only ones hotter were villains or love interests, so yeah, she probably is
>>
Jessica Jones was enjoyable once it got going, but it was certainly slow to start.

Tennant knocked it out of the park, and this semen demon right here was best girl. And, really, there was pretty minimal SJW gurl power bullshit. Jessica mostly just hates herself the whole time.
>>
>>69052380
Jessica Jones is by far the superior show, its not good, I never got past like episode 6. But supergirl is an absolute trainwreck
>>
>>69055854

>me Supergirl angry!
>>
File: The 100.jpg (208 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
The 100.jpg
208 KB, 1252x1252
>>69055440
>They are shows for teen-young adult girls.
>Of course they're terrible.

So is The 100, but teen girls on this board still make daily threads about it
>>
File: Supergirl s01e16 Naughty.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl s01e16 Naughty.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>
>>69055937
In what world do you live where these webms are worth taking up space on your computer?
>>
>>69052380
the reason both shows suck is that if they simply have a female lead doing super hero shit its for men

but if its for women it needs that soap opera shit where shes thinking about sex and relation ships not just having sex which technically wouldnt be in the male version

reason ?its to make sluts feel comfortable with jessica jones but if it was made for a male audience it would be more shit getting fucked up
>>
File: Supergirl s01e16 Girl of Rape.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl s01e16 Girl of Rape.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>69055960

Wouldn't you rather have evidence of how terrible the show?

I made this sacrifice for you
>>
File: Marked-For-Death.jpg (69 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
Marked-For-Death.jpg
69 KB, 580x326
>>69055935
Shots fired
>>
File: Supergirl s01e16 pls no bully.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl s01e16 pls no bully.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>69055960

Also it's an age of terabytes, I'm not going to be put out in anyways
>>
>>
File: Laura-Vandervoort.jpg (159 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Laura-Vandervoort.jpg
159 KB, 970x545
>>69055748
Not even close

There's also Famke Janssen, Elisabeth Olsen, Scarlet Johannsen, Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz, Rebecca Romijn

Seriously, there's a lot to choose from
>>
>>69056222
If there's a "lot" of them, you're not your argument any favors with that list
>>
>>69052380
Women have horrible taste in entertainment and the sky is blue. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>69052380
>b e t a
e
t
a
>>
>>69055889
Hahahahhahaha

Damn that's bad.
>>
>>69056364
All of them are hotter than Benoist by a lot
>>
>>69052380
Just adding; they also lay the "Straight/white male, or any combination is stupid, evil, and boring!" shtick thick.
>>
>>69055878
the whole Kilgrave thing is an allegory for rape culture, it's SJW as fuck
>>
>>69057423
The bad guys are white, major and minor baddies included. But the good white guys, singular, is also bad (as in beater and former torturer).

Do Supergirl and Jessica Jones share writers?

I guess that I can't believe these shows exist, and as badly as they are, in a world that is post-Lost. For all its faults, it definitely made me think writers were getting better not worse.
>>
>>69052380
They play the safe game to hide bad writing, your criticize any element and you are labeled a bigot.

>I thought the fact that they didn't just use headphones or earplug to defeat the villain that needed you to hear him stupid, especially since they knew everything about his abilities rather quickly
BIGOT! You just have unrealistic expectations because you want to believe women aren't as smart as men.

>I think they overdo the tone and pacing for the relationships and either draw attention to AND/OR away from race differences at inorganic times
RACIST! Afraid the black man will steal all your women!

>that one gay relationship (take your pic) seemed badly portrayed, like it was written by someone sheltered from gays and/or meeting a quota. It was insulting to gays, it's like they're a routine to parade out
>HOMOPHOBE! You're probably a closet fag!

Must one be a bi biracial tranny to have an honest opinion?
>>
File: schnozz.jpg (15 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
schnozz.jpg
15 KB, 460x276
>>69055813
What a beak!
>>
>>69052380
>So my semen demon

get the fuck off 4chan you faggot.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.