[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he kill all the younglings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Vader1.jpg (31 KB, 480x460) Image search: [Google]
Vader1.jpg
31 KB, 480x460
Why did he kill all the younglings?
>>
reminded him of sand
>>
>>69049382

It was really weird from a character development standpoint, it would have made much more sense for him to hesitate or simply take them prisoner, then have Palpatine order him to execute them or something. The way the movie presents it, he goes from "I'm not the Jedi I should be" to "ok, time to murder every single Jedi, even the children" in about 3 days.
>>
>>69049382
Because Palp dog wanted him to.

And if they fled there would have been a chance they once become strong jedi.
>>
>>69049382
more dark side points
>>
Because galaxy far away is actually hell
>>
>>69049382
Because he needed to embrace the dark side to save Padme.

Seriously, do you people just not pay attention?
>>
>>69049420
In the novelization Anakin contemplates whether to kill the younglings or show them the secret escape out the temple. It isn't until Sors Bandeam chims in with his "oi mastah skywalkah, thaiyr too many ov theem", that Anankin decides to kill them.
>>
>>69049382
Because after stepping over the edge when he killed Mace he didn't believe there to be any redemption for him, so there was no reason for him to hold himself to any moral standards henceforth: he was already lost in his own perception.
>>
>>69049524
this to be honest

i'd probably stop giving a fuck at the point too since I would be executed anyway
>>
File: obi.jpg (28 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
obi.jpg
28 KB, 400x534
>>69049382
Because the Jedi are literally evil. They kidnap babies from their parents and raise them in total isolation cult environment to be their emotionless soldiers. Anakin did the younglings a favour.
>>
>>69049517
that's way fucking worse
he didn't kill the younglings because he has some intense moral struggle going on, he killed them because he got triggered from some kid calling him mastah. or he really hates cockney accents.
>>
because they were bad guys from his point of view
>>
>>69049382
>only the dark side can save padme, do not hesitate, show no mercy.
>>
>>69049382
we don't know that he killed any of them at all. It isn't shown
>>
>>69049683
i would kill for the chance to be a space wizard are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>69050372
>they're dead. I killed them. and the children too
>shot of him opening his lightsaber in front of children with a low angle implying dominance

I DUNNO ANON
>>
>All right men, this is just like the simulations
>We'll storm the temple and take on the Jedi
>Meanwhile Lord Vader will sneak into one of the rooms and murder some kids
>>
Anakin was convinced that his shitty life and the republic's problems were the jedi's fault. So he takes his anger out on a bunch of jedi kids who can't fight back.
>>
File: younglings.jpg (83 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
younglings.jpg
83 KB, 1024x665
>>69049382
>MOSTA SKOIWALKAH THERE AH TOO MANY OF VEM WOT AH WE GOING TA DEOW

Was this kid related to Rey?
>>
>>69049517
why the kid pretty voice triggered him ?!?!

ffs
>>
they were in his way with their fucking training sabers what was he supposed to do
>>
>>69051562
no that kid doesn't exist. He is anakin's childhood. By killing him he also kills the hopes of his childhood and hopes of everyone who depended on him to bring balance to the force. you can understand It easily because they look alike. Anakin is the real existentialist.
>>
>>69049382
shit writing
>>
>>69049751

>darkside triggered by chav
>ROARR DIEE YOU LITTLE SHITS!
>>
>>69051562
In the book Anakin loses his shit because the kid calls him "master," reminding him that he never got to be made a Jedi master on the council
>>
>>69056304
But doesn't Ahsoka call her master anyways, and that's canon as well.
>>
>>69049382
From his point of view, he didn't.
He just snatched their every motherfucker birthday.
>>
>>69056506
He didn't get denied for mastership until episode III.
>>
>>69049517
he doesnt even speak like that you pagon
>>
If a very powerful evil wizard offered to train you but you would have to go into a kindegarden and murder a bunch of kids with a knife would you? For reasons i cant explain he wont betray you and he will use his magic so there is no evidence to who commited the crime.
>>
>>69057823
Yes
>>
File: Younglings.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Younglings.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>69057823
Depends. Some kids are cunts. Plus stabbing with a knife takes effort and they won't die immediately. Either way dark magic is way too cool to pass up.
>>
>>69057823

this is the conundrum, if power exists and we're just not aware of it, how many people would genuinely turn down real power regardless of the form?
>>
>>69049382
>69049382
To make palpy proud, and connect further with the dark side, burying himself in it's power by committing acts of evil.
>>
>>69058116
Is that star wars movie duels?
That's fucking hilarious. I want to play it.
>>
Because George Lucas writes like a twelve year old.
>>
>>69058409
Jedi Academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAQab-Ib8d8
>>
>>69058116
Welcome to star wars:movie duels, the game where you can decapitate children
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.