[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Cross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
File: David Cross MM.jpg (505 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
David Cross MM.jpg
505 KB, 700x1200
How do you feel about David Cross' stand-up?
>>
Bad
>>
I was composing an in-depth response but some idiot decided to post the simple, STUPID, single word "Bad" and now (if I can't achieve first post) I've erased my screed and I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.
>>
saw him in Stamford recently. cell phones were bad. I was subjected to a little over an hours worth of a has-beens political opinions
>>
>>69039984

Cool story, bro.
>>
>>69039996
cell phones were banned*

I have since broken up with the woman who asked me to take her to the show
>>
>>69039912
He's only funny when not speaking his own words
>>
I feel mixed about him.

I kind of empathize with the guy what with his little neurotic quirks and penchant for alcoholism but his humor is a bit wry for me. I think it's fine but for me he'll always be that goofy character actor as opposed to who he wants to be.

If that makes any fucking sense.
>>
>>69039996
My brother went to the one in Des Moines last week and said the same thing, way too much anti Trump horseshit.
>>
File: ishygddthyde.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ishygddthyde.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>it's a "political opinions hamfisted into snark where the joke is always at the expense of people he disagrees with" set
>>
I liked him in Alvin and the Chipmunks.
>>
Not a fan of his stand up but I fucking loved him in Mr Show
>>
>>69039912

he looks like the bald photographer from just shoot me

those are my only thoughts
>>
>>69040301
David Cross played the bald photographer's brother who is faking mental retardation to milk welfare in a few episodes of that show.
>>
Got a free ticket and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

There was some politics but he's definitely a comedian first that constructs jokes that includes politics, he doesn't just rant and say C'MON.
>>
It's mind-boggling how much funnier and more likable Bob Odenkirk is
>>
>>69040363

Childhood is idolizing Cross, adulthood is idolizing Bob
>>
Can we just have a Mr Show thread?
>>
>>69039912

Considered one of the biggest assholes in modern day American comedy but there isn't any doubt he's also considered extremely talented.

I still wish half of his Adult Swim projects were picked up beyond just pitched pilots and guest roles in other comedies.

Arrested Development might be his only ticket to stardom and he'll take it to the grave with him along with it's tumultuous scheduling for cancellation and returns.
>>
File: 5636.gif (885 KB, 470x360) Image search: [Google]
5636.gif
885 KB, 470x360
>>69040428

Yes.

https://youtu.be/YraqJ7KDm7c
>>
>>69040347

what a small world
>>
>>69040263
Mr show was bob reinging in dave's desire to torpedo and beat things to death.

Oh yeah an bob and david hate each other IRL
>>
>>69040525

That's not true, they're really good friends and have tons of mutual respect

I think you're confused because they hated each other when they first met until they started writing together.
>>
I heard some of his stuff a while back and most of it seemed to consist of "Christians are dumb and conservatives are evil assholes." Not that I totally disagreed with him, but that shit is not really funny at all. It's just saying opinions.
>>
>>69039912
Thinks a bit too highly of himself. I love his sketches, but his stand-up is pretty shit. His rants are kind of embarrassing.
>>
>>69039912
I don't know who this guy is but my money is on "angry" and "pushes his intellect because his physicality leaves much to be desired" as comedy. How close am I?
>>
>>69040428
https://youtube.com/watch?v=q9EWVv2ewbU
>>
>>69039912
He has trouble getting started, but once he gets going he's pretty funny
>>
>>69039912
He should stick to acting. I love Tobias but his standup is shit
>>
>>69040672

I don't know you but my money is on "angry" and "pushes his intellect because his physicality leaves much to be desired" as a personality. How close am I?
>>
>>69039912
Insufferable. Bonus points for that gay arm tattoo he got a few years ago and cant help but show off every chance he gets
>>
He's right about Trump
>>
>>69039912
His opinion is different then mine so he's not funny. Now if you excuse me I need to endlessly retweet a partisan hack comedian who does agree with me.
>>
>>69041256
Cool beans, I'll take that as a "yes" then.
>>
File: 3436.png (29 KB, 514x456) Image search: [Google]
3436.png
29 KB, 514x456
>>69040672
>>69041383

> I'll take that as a "yes" then
>>
>>69041430
Excellent, thanks.
>>
I liked the CD that had the bit about playing poker with Scott Stapp.
>>
>>69040595
They dont like each other on any sort of personal level.

Bob Odenkirk is a Friend of Abe too
>>
Love Mr. Show, love AD, find his stand up mediocre and find how much of a smug prick he is and how much better he thinks he is than everyone around him to be abhorrent. He married way younger Amber Tamblyn though so he has that going for him in the plus column. I guess he's one of those comedians / spoken word people that I really thought was smart until I got out of my teens, like Henry Rollins.
>>
>>69039912
It's pretty great. I've seen him twice and it did not disappoint. The last time was at the Lincoln Theatre in DC and his set went for at least 2 hours. One of the funniest guys around.
>>
>>69039912
just another overcompensating ugly person trying to make sense of losing the genetic lottery ;__;
>>
>>69041647

>He didn't feel it

https://youtu.be/q_YhWNjpf5k
>>
If he could turn off the militant political rhetoric he might be funny
>>
>>69042169
I might take that statement more seriously if chucklefucks here didn't think Steven Chowder is unironically funny.
>>
He's Jewish
>>
File: 1437690666258.gif (765 KB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
1437690666258.gif
765 KB, 350x249
>that one buttblasted David Cross fan angrily replying to every critique in this thread
>>
>>69042249

He hates jews more than anybody. He had one special right after all of the Scientology shit was happening where he was being goaded into ripping on them in the typical fedora tipper way and he did a complete 180 and ripped apart Hasidic Jews for the rest of the set.
>>
>tfw a bald manlet half black Jew from the South fucked Amanda Bynes, Sarah Silverman, and Amber Tamblyn in their primes

His life gives me hope.
>>
SAVAGE

https://beatpatrol.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/david-cross-an-open-letter-to-larry-the-cable-guy-2007/
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
DUDE CHRISTIANS LMAO
DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO
>>
File: 1402427363083.jpg (297 KB, 970x582) Image search: [Google]
1402427363083.jpg
297 KB, 970x582
>it's a gay comedian tells us what world policy should be episode
>>
File: 1409502284174.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1409502284174.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>69042227
>More like Steven CHOWDER, am I right?!
>>
He had a good special in the 90s. And now he's dead. RIP.
>>
Good actor, terrible writer.
>>
>>69042711
I thought it was pretty funny when he went on one of those long rants about other comedians selling out and making soulless shit then he signed on for like five Alvin and the Chimpmunks movies and when he got called out on it he said "YEAH WELL I JUST PAID FOR A BIG CABIN WITH THE MONEY FROM THOSE MOVIES!" like that made him less of a sellout scumbag fraud like the people he had been shittalking when the offers weren't coming in for him.
>>
>>69039912
NEIN WOLSTANTIG NUDE
>>
liberal faggot
>>
File: !420XWTL_crop.jpg (255 KB, 1229x1268) Image search: [Google]
!420XWTL_crop.jpg
255 KB, 1229x1268
>>69039912
>1990s precursor to the nu-male
>>
>>69043045

This. Also you can tell in all the behind the scenes stuff that Aukerman and Odenkirk were the ones making all the original good stuff on Mr. Show and he was only able to come up with anything after they all had the ball already rolling.
>>
>>69040487

"If Mandy Patankin Was A Horse" will just never not be hilarious. It just won't.
>>
I heard he banged Amanda Bynes on the set of She's the Man
>>
>>69039912
I like him on shows like arrested development, todd margaret, and mr. show, but I don't like any of his stand up.
>>
>>69041647
if that was the case I doubt they would have still done the Netflix reunion.
>>
File: Zero-GTASA.jpg (34 KB, 220x239) Image search: [Google]
Zero-GTASA.jpg
34 KB, 220x239
Never seen his stand-up.
>>
The last special I saw, he opened with a story about recently being on mushrooms. He also brags about doing cocaine at an official White House event. It's sad to hear a man in his fifties talk like a 19 year old burnout.
>>
I like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-hLctqTY4
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.