[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he seriously not see that coming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 5.png (918 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
5.png
918 KB, 500x750
Did he seriously not see that coming?
>>
In the books he is basically completely aware Ramsay is a useless maniac who can't be trusted for shit. He got him completely played and knows everything he is up to. The only reason he hasn't killed him yet is that he doesn't give a shit.

In the show I guess he loved him. Why I don't know.
>>
>>69035907
>one more Dilf gone this season
please, someone protect Davos ;_;
>>
>>69035907
His character should have expected that.
>>
>>69035907
It seemed completely out of tone for both of them.
>>
File: 134464687987987.jpg (29 KB, 390x220) Image search: [Google]
134464687987987.jpg
29 KB, 390x220
>hugging a psycho
>>
>>69035907
putin?
>>
He thought he had it under control.
>>
>>69035979
This is the reason why I was actually expecting Roose to stab Ramsay, to subvert the general showfag's expectation of le evil Ramsay killing Roose and going after the Night's Watch.

Imagine the surprise if Ramsay was suddenly dead, with Roose(who we haven't actually seen that much of so far, considering) taking his place as an even more cunning yet just as ruthless player.

I mean, it still wouldn't quite make sense, because Roose wouldn't hinge everything on an heir that might die in the crib or not survive the winter as easily as an older heir, but it makes more sense than him hugging Ramsay and talking about him always being his firstborn.
>>
Roose Bolton seemed a guy who knew the game. He abandoned Rob when he felt his cause was lost. Established an alliance with house Frey, and didnt trust Little Finger. When he named Ramsay his heir and later made direct threats to Ramsay's position, i thought he can control him, he's a clevere guy. And then Ramsay stabbed him to the death. So in the end he proved to be an stupid one?
>>
>>69036601
He was just another man. ;)
>>
>>69035907
A little disappointed it happened that way. It seemed rushed and poorly thought out for the sake of "it's like poetry, it rhymes"
>>
In the books, Roose had a legitimate son from a previous wife, named Domeric. That son died under suspicious circumstances, after Roose had warned him not to visit his bastard brother, Ramsey. Domeric was at Ned Stark level of stupidity.

Even if Roose had another son and potential heir with his new wife, Fat Walda Frey, he would still have a real problem with that son being too young to rule by the time Roose himself died, from age or other mishap. Plus, he also suspects that Ramsey would kill his baby half-brother once Roose was no longer around, just to eliminate any competition.

So he's pretty much resigned to Ramsey becoming the next Lord Bolton no matter what, since he's getting older, and no one else is around that is strong enough. Tywin Lannister and Randyll Tarly likewise had problems with suitable heirs.
>>
>>69035983
This! What are we to do when all the Men are dead and only boys remain.
>>
File: 29.jpg (42 KB, 599x475) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
42 KB, 599x475
>>69035907
Davos is the last solid bro-tier adult

He's likely gonna get fucked with a blade by Ramsey before the end of the season
Just waiting to drop the show now.
>>
>>69036944
my penis will weep. and not in a good way.
>No more daddy Stephen Dillane
>No more daddy Michael McElhatton

this is not looking good.
>>
>>69036944
But we are not men...
>>
>>69035907
Not believable. Putin would never hug anybody, let alone his creepy kinslaying son.
>>
>>69035907

The sad thing is, now we know he'll die in the books. He'll probably die a more compelling death than being "lolstabbed" by Ramsey of all people. But we know Roose won't make it now thanks to this bit of fanfiction.
>>
File: 1462189162502.jpg (68 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1462189162502.jpg
68 KB, 720x960
>>69037214
what if you're a boy who likes daddies?
>>
>>69037217
That's what I found really weird with the scene, actually. Roose does NOT strike me as the hugging kind, and Ramsay even less so. So why the fuck wasn't Roose expecting to get stabbed when suddenly hugging?

It was like two men playing chicken, except in this case one of them didn't bring a car.
>>
Roose was the hottest daddy on the show. Dat voice.
>>
Why would anyone be okay with Ramsay killing Roose though?
It would make Ramsay a kinslayer with no heir, and he would also still be the bastard son of a traitor.
>>
>>69037289
Ramsay will probably kill Roose in the books, but it'll have none of the full-retard shit of the Karstarks swearing fealty to him. Instead all of Roose's soldiers will refuse to follow Ramsay, because they're not retards who'd follow a well-known maniac with none of the cunning Roose had. Ramsay will gather his "loyal" men and that's when he finds out that the majority of them were actually loyal to Roose all along and just going along with his crazy antics on Roose's orders. Then he gets his ass flayed or is offered up to Walder Frey/Stannis.

Then they'll offer up their forces to the Karstarks, with the Karstarks becoming the new Starks, or just get BTFO by Stannis because of Roose not being around the lead them.

Maybe Ramsay manages to escape and we'll get some antics with him reaching the wall and wishing to take the black, an obvious subterfuge on his part to kill Jon and keep on being Ramsay.
>>
>>69037629
His father was poisoned by his enemies, fool. Iron poisoning.

I don't see why they'd want to be ruled by a crazy bastard anyways, though. Legitimized or not. Not even the Night's Watch was happy about being ruled by a bastard.
>>
>>69037629
>It would make Ramsay a kinslayer with no heir
Do you watch the show on mute with no subtitles? Did you miss all of the subsequent dialogue in that scene?
>>
>>69037631
Ramsay and some retarded Frey have been sent by Roose to fight Stannis in the books.

Too bad Stannis is going to let them have a nice cold swim before fighting.
>>
>>69035907
My theory is that the actor had other commitments and needed to be cut hastily from the show.
>>
>>69036835
Sam's younger brother sounded like the perfect fit though. Tarly didn't have the same problems that Lannister or Bolton had.
>>
Ramsay is what happens when you put a veteran Dungeons & Dragons player in a game with newbies. He rolled a Rogue with some awesome stats and spent weeks and weeks grinding low level mobs so that he's the highest level in the group and he took the best skills and feats. Everyone just got a general grasp on the Player's Handbook and he's coming for blood.
>>
>>69036601
Even if Ramsay remained his heir he should've expected him to rebel and kill him anyway just so he could replace him sooner. He was seriously too dangerous to be kept alive. Definitely too dangerous to let him wander around your castle. Let him loose on the enemy. If he dies it wouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: george.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
Ramsay must have had the high ground
>>
>>69037813
I think it's to set up an end of season battle between Jon and Ramsey. Ramsey wanted to march on Castle Black anyway and Jon has motivation to retake Winterfell.

I don't think the actor would give up a fairly major role in an immensely popular series lightly.
>>
>>69037289

GRRM complained about them killing one of Carl Drogo's fucking bloodriders in S1 because he's going to use him in TWOW, the show is completely off the map bro.
>>
remember wen the squid man fel of bridge?! wow! crazy show never kno w ut to expec! best sho w
>>
>>69037290
>Implying Daddy fetish shit isn't a disease
>Implying you aren't the next evolutionary step in being a cuck
>>
>>69037289
>he thinks new books will ever be released
anon, I....
>>
>>69037735
That's not a horrible idea
>>
Here is some stuff.
TLDR: crime of passion
https://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/02/the-actors-behind-roose-and-ramsay-bolton-discuss-home/
>>
>>69038196
k
>>
>>69037289
>The sad thing is, now we know he'll die in the books
>Thinking Roose was going to make it against Stannis, let alone unJon
fucking wikifag
>>
>>69038569
No one can defeat unJon, but Stannis is fucked senpai
>>
just resurrect him
death means nothing now
>>
>>69038661
>unJon
It isn't Wonsnoj?
>>
So basically all the good actors are gone now, only Davos remains and he's just a very minor character.

>Charles Dance dead
>Dillane dead and hating the show for how he was handled
>Dinklage exposed as the one-hit-wonder he actually is

What makes this better than Mexican soap operas now?
>>
>>69038769
>What makes this better than Mexican soap operas now?
Nipples
>>
>>69038769
>What makes this better than Mexican soap operas now?
There are no Mexicans.
>>
>>69038769
>Mexican soap operas
>Mexican soap
>Mexican
>soap
>>
>>69035907
You might go as far as to say he was.... 'rused'

BRAVO

*chortles profusely*
>>
>>69038798
>>69038849
Fair point
>>
File: skyrim man.jpg (20 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
skyrim man.jpg
20 KB, 460x276
>>69038769
>no good actors left
>who is skyrim voiceover man
>>
>>69035907
Did Bolton have a son in the books?
>>
>>69035979
Pretty much the only reason he doesn't kill Ramsay in the books is that kinslaying is an unforgivable sin in Westerosi culture. People who kill their own family members are believed to be damned forever. To the point that Jamie views it as being something worse than killing a king and Victarion won't kill Euron despite thinking about it all the damn time.

In the show it's no better or worse than normal murder so I don't know why Roose didn't kill Ramsay, or have him killed, years ago. He also didn't really seem to give much of a shit about boy lords (and indeed seems young enough that he could bring one or two to age if it really mattered).
>>
File: 1462166041974.gif (979 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
1462166041974.gif
979 KB, 500x263
What would a battle between Roose Bolton's foces and the Lannisters look like if he chose to declare independence? What sort of troop composition are available to the Warden of The North post-Red Wedding, given that most of his bannermen except for the KArstarks( Maybe Umbers and MAnderlys?) hate the Boltons.

Would Baelish really be able to rally the Valemen? Roose would probably be a defensiv commander and alllow the Winter to do most of the killing, i think.
>>
File: roose-bolton.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1331) Image search: [Google]
roose-bolton.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1331
>killing my husbando and his sexy dulcet tones in the most perfuntory manner possible
i'm so mad you guys
>>
>>69039341
;_; dat gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIS5cQJuhY
>>
>>69038769
You forgot Sean Bean.
>>
He knows Ramsay wants to kill him and takeover, but he thought his bastard would do it secretly and make it look like an accident. Not blatantly stab him in the open. Only a moronic edgelord would do that.

What's worse is that NOBODY did anything about it. If I were a Bolton soldier, I'd spear Ramsay's guts and then pledge fealty to Roose's newborn son.
>>
>>69036835
He says something like child heirs are the doom of a house, so he was going to let Ramsay succeed him despite him being a psycho.
>>
>>69039709
Why doesn't Roose have 24/7 guard protection? He's in a castle where everyone hates him.
>>
>Ye olde sudden knife in the gut

YAAAAAAWN
>>
>>69039659
>Not blatantly stab him in the open. Only a moronic edgelord would do that.
I agree that it makes zero logical sense and that Roose should have had a more impactful death, but it's sort of mirrors how Robb and Catelyn believed that they would be safe in Walder Frey's hall because killing an invited guest like that is taboo - it was inconceivable to them. So at least his death had some dramatic irony seeing as he was a key player in the Red Wedding.
>>
>>69039781
There's barely anyone of the Stark age Winterfellians still living there.

>>69039659
In the room they had Lord Karstark and the maester. Nobody else.
>>
>>69040176
In the book there are. If the show is to be believed, the castle is being held by 30 fucking people.
>>
>>69037037
>who is jora the mormon
>>
>>69039341
>What would a battle between Roose Bolton's foces and the Lannisters look like if he chose to declare independence?
Heavy losses for both sides, Lannisters doing way more damage and winning. They know about terrain advantage and they'll just drop loads of shit on them. We've already seen that Cersei is willing to employ pyromancers, the North doesn't have that. Bolton may not have any of the Northern Elite such as Wargs etc.
>>
>>69039334
He also says that a child lord is the worst thing that can happen and even Ramsay would be better. He actually expects Ramsay to kill at Walda's child.
>>
>>69040269
>Anonymous 05/02/16(Mon)21:00:49 No.69039990 ▶
Its most likely held by 20 good men
>>
>>69036197
That would require decent writers to pull it off, a mature audience to understand the twist, and overall a good story to be meaningful.
>>
>>69039341
>What sort of troop composition are available to the Warden of The North
20 good men and 50 thousand magic horses
>>
>>69039659
>Uug...goo....ga...braa

>I don't understand? Are we attacking or not

>Shut up! I can't hear our Lord!

>He's just saying the same thing over again!

>I'm pretty sure 'goo' is attack...but ga...hm...
>>
I didn't think I'd be so upset about his death (it was telegraphed pretty clearly that Ramsay would kill him) but I'm really fucking pissed. Doesn't help that he was one of the stronger actors on the show.
>>
>>69041845
In seriousness, the fact that you get to interpret a baby lord's commands is a very big reason why you'd pledge to them rather than the mature crazy bastard.
>>
>>69041884
For me it's because he never did anything in the show. I bet show only people didn't give a shit
>>
>>69041830
> 50 thousand magic horses
Oh god I almost forgot about that cavalry hoard that came out of the castle. Forget about where they were possibly storing all of those horses and riders in castle Winterfell, the bigger question is where did they even get that many knights/cavalry in the North for just one house. They aren't living on the steppes they are living in a very hilly and forested area. Not to mention all of that cav seemed to be heavily armored so we are talking a really expensive military composition here. That was an army an entire country would field, not one lord's personal retinue.
>>
>>69035907

D&D are shit writers, what did you expect?

You think they understand how characters work?

It's all about shock value which has worn off ever since Robb got his Direwolf's head sawn on his body.
>>
>>69040311
jorey the p-whipped
>>
Ill forget to ask this later:

Roose was supposedly cunning and manipulative, but was he has literally bloodthirsty as the Flayed Man would suggest, or as batshit insane as Ramsey is?
>>
File: KS-Steel-Night-UC.mp4_000252985.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KS-Steel-Night-UC.mp4_000252985.jpg
357 KB, 1280x720
>>69035907
What i didn't like about it,was how fast he died.
>stabbed
>3 seconds of shocked look
>fall to the floor and pass out instantly
>ded
>so ded

So he got stabbed in what, the liver? It wasn't exactly a huge wound.would have taken ages to die from that.

I've seen some shit on the internet as have most of you I'm sure. irl you can stab the shit out of someone and hack their head half off and they still don't pass out for a few minutes.
>>
I love how suddenly killing kings and people and babies and heirs have no single consecuences, how the the coherence of and credibility of everything has gone downhill since... I don't remember, maybe second season.

How all characters and plots have the depth of a puddle now.
>>
>>69042647
Roose had the same batshit crazy impulses as Ramsay, but he's continually leeching himself to dull those urges to the point where he can enact cunning plots instead of slicing Robb's throat and fucking it on a whim. Nobody can prove that people are getting flayed in the Dreadfort because Roose only does it as a special treat to himself when he knows he can't get caught, to not get vilified by the whole north.
>>
>>69042376
I don't know, he always emanated this sense shrewd and cold calculation. There is something really unsettling about him, unlike Ramsay who I find quite cartoony and insolent. That's probably more due to the actor, though. Like you said, they didn't give the character much to do after the RW.

Him toying with Jaime was pretty great.
>>
>>69042721
Lots of movies and shows use the "1 punch KO that lasts [insert time here]" shit, so this doesn't bother me that much.
>>
Why are threads like this allowed when we have a permanent general thread?
>>
File: 04.jpg (372 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
372 KB, 1280x720
>>69042800
It matters because he would have had lots of time to raise the alarm,unless he just accepted it and was all like fuck it I'm out ,good luck cock sucker.
>>
>>69042854
the general threads are pretty shit honestly
>>
>>69042890
This.

Filled to the brim with shameless tumblrinas/redditors/trips/namefags

Reads nothing like a 4chan thread, it's easily the worst thread on this entire website.
>>
>>69042854
generals are 4chan cancer, you fucking queer
>>
>>69036028
It didn't happen in the book. In the book Roose is much more cunning and evil and manipulative than his bastard could even aspire to being.
>>
>>69037037
>Just waiting to drop the show now.
>not dropping the show after the shit-fest that was last season

At this point in the show the ONLY faction worth rooting for is the goddamn White Walkers and the coming of eternal winter to bury this abomination of a fantasy world beneath a hundred feet of snow.
>>
>>69038864
>Alabaman hillbilly pretending to know what soap is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr4rnZEjX9g
>>
>>69039341
Boltons would lose very quickly. They owe their position to Lannister backing. Without that it's just their army and the Karstark's army vs the rest of the north. And if they have to fight the Lannisters + the rest of the north they will lose hard.

They can't even use Moat Cailin against the Lannisters because the Manderlys control White Harbor and will let the Lannisters sail right in and march on the Dreadfort. Without Manderly support to close off the only accessible port on the eastern shore, the Boltons have no hope of surviving a war against the Iron Throne.
>>
>>69042734
Ever since the Red Wedding they had to keep showing these spectacular betrayals and murders. Never mind that the point of the RW was how beyond the pale it was. Something like that was considered abhorrent by pretty much everybody, and it required a lot of skullduggery and planning to pull it off.

Other political murders are pulled off in such clandestine ways that the perpetrators are so far removed from the crime nobody could ever suspect them. In book 1 even hiring an assassin to stab somebody personally was considered "too obvious and stupid," but now we have characters just fucking stabbing people in broad daylight in the middle of the castles surrounded by guards who just stand there and watch.
>>
>>69043497
Karstark
>welp muh Lord got stabbed. I won't help because I've seen RamRam without his shirt on
>>
D&D quality writing class:
>MEN WEAK WOMYN STROOOOONK!!!1
>I need twenty good plot armor suits!
>Insert as many dick quips as possible. LMAO NO DIKK!!1 XD
>>
>As for Walda, she was just caught in a very ugly crossfire. “[Ramsay] doesn’t bear his mother any ill will,” Hill said. “She’s a very sweet woman in the wrong place, wrong time.”

DABID
>>
>>69043497
It's so silly - what made GoT entertaining in the first place was the political intrigue and scheming and plotting and these characters trying to find away around feudal laws. Stabbing people impulsively and being able to usurp their position with no consequences or ramifications involved is boring television imo.
>>
>>69043497
Except no one saw Ramsay stabbing Roose other than two guys.
>>
>>69035979
I think Roose was about to have Ramsay killed the moment Walda gave birth to his son. Ramsay made the first move.
>>
>>69043497
The logistics about involved in the dorne regicide is unbelievable. Every single guard was in on it? Every single one?
>>
>>69043718
>[Ramsay] doesn’t bear his mother any ill will
>he just chose to have her torn apart by dogs because he thinks it's a more peaceful way to go than having a maester poison her as she recuperates from childbirth
>>
>>69035907

I really think it's just a matter of Ramsay getting to it first. I don't think Roose expected he would be so quick on it.
>>
THANK GOD THIS HIGH SEPTIM ARC MIGHT FINALLY GO SOMEWHERE
LITERALLY THE ONLY THING INTERESTING HAPPENING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>69043725
It's stupid shock value. They get rid of these key figures with established influence and long term goals and replace them by impulsive homicidal maniacs because "lol they're more exciting and popular." Doesn't matter that it makes no sense in the larger context of the story, the viewers have no patience for long plot lines, have to give them a jolt every episode.
>>
>>69043776
Which again makes no sense. Then again, show Roose was an imbecile, so I guess it makes sense for him to not have armed men around him whenever Ramsay is in the room.
>>
>>69043947
They don't have the budget for extras
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 268x188
>tfw i initially thought Roose stabbed Ramsey
>mfw after a few seconds it dawned on me Based Ruseman got rekt by the latest meme villain
>>
> I have become oddly fond of my fat little wife. The two before her never made a sound in bed, but this one squeals and shudders. I find that quite endearing. If she pops out sons the way she pops in tarts, the Dreadfort will soon be overrun with Boltons. Ramsay will kill them all, of course. That’s for the best. I will not live long enough to see new sons to manhood, and boy lords are the bane of any House. Walda will grieve to see them die, though.”

Roose in the books.
>>
IT'S OK GUYS STANNIS IS STILL ALIVE
>>
>>69043947
How was show Roose an imbecile apart from not being more cautious of his son?
>>
North was never loyal to Boltons in the first place. They're only pretending to be because Lannisters have their families as hostages.
>>
>>69044205
I thought Roose had their children. In the show they don't mention it at all.
>>
>>69044153
Not being cautious of his son is what makes him an imbecile. In the books, he didn't trust Ramsay at all, he knew exactly what kind of creature he was and had no illusions about being able to tame him. This would never have happened to Book Roose because he wasn't a blithering idiot who locked himself in a room with a mad dog.
>>
>>69044205
D&D don't know how feudal hostages work. Also they forgot that the Manderlys exist.
>>
>>69044153
In the show there isn't even any doubt over him being a part of the Red Wedding, whereas in the books he's been able to mask his own part in it enough to keep the North from openly rebelling.
>>
>>69044379
the manderlies were literally introduced last ep
>>
>>69044468
It's fine. Next episode the manderlies will kill Ramsay and again, no one will do shit
>>
>>69043263
Theoretically, a sea invasion through White Harbor might be nigh impossible in winter. Port might freeze for all but the smallest boats and tugs
>>
>>69044153
Would you hug someone you classify as "a mad dog"
>>
>>69044541
was that a joke or??
>>
>>69044686
Nope. I'm an assistant writer for the show.
>>
>>69044761
R+L=J next week
>>
D&D'd
>>
>>69043890
>high septim

lmao
>>
>>69042721
>So he got stabbed in what, the liver?
I dropped the show but I assumed he stabbed him in the heart, that's an instakill if it's done right, it's so quick it's painless.
>>
>>69045827
Oh well, it's D&D just fucking up again.
>>
>>69035979
You fucking idiot. Ramsey harkens back to the old ways...that is why Roose could never deny him. Get the fuck out of here asshole.
>>
>>69045827
he could've angled the knife to slip beneath the ribs and hit the heart. The entrance wound is probably about an inch lower than the left rib rather than somewhere lower and more in the guts but his jacket rode up as it caught the knife's point.
>>
>>69040311
jora the cuck
>>
Davos is literally the only character I care about now.
>>
Who's still alive that has actual goals other than the awfully written sand snakes?
>>
File: full.png (1 MB, 758x1400) Image search: [Google]
full.png
1 MB, 758x1400
>>69035907
>>
>>69035907
Welcome to the fan fiction that murders two rather important figures, and there are no consequences
>>
>>69039411
Steve's voice actor has a really nice singing voice, and the songs also seem pretty well produced. American Dad is stealth genius at times.
>>
>>69047237
Aria.
>>
>>69043785
It's rather obvious you haven't read Niccolo Machiavelli's principal work: The Prince.

A ruler who has lost the love of his people is completely vulnerable to conspiracy from within and the brown guy had cucked his country out to the Lannisters.
>>
File: 1462217239427.png (479 KB, 1181x853) Image search: [Google]
1462217239427.png
479 KB, 1181x853
Because
>>
File: whitney.jpg (78 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
whitney.jpg
78 KB, 1024x682
>>69035907
Roose fucked fat chicks, that alone proves he wasn't nearly as smart as you guys all think he was.
>>
>>69048186

He only picked a fat frey because Walder promised him "their weight in gold as Dowry", he's a fucking genius
>>
>>69048099
I would have been happy if like 5 guards moved in and then noticed no one else moved and then pussied out. The concept that all of the King's guard was in on it is stupid.
>>
>>69048241
seriously, roose was slick af in the books.
>>
>>69048099
But what do Dorne and the Sand Snakes have now? Doran was able to procure Trystane a seat on the royal council, and there would even be a chance that he could rule over Westoros as king one day. The Sand Snakes made Dorne lose a powerful strategic position just for their need for vengeance.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (19 KB, 460x394) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
19 KB, 460x394
>>
>>69035907
When he embraces ramsay and tells him he'll always be his firstborn, is he being genuine and affectionate?
>>
File: 4hMh3AS.gif (181 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
4hMh3AS.gif
181 KB, 460x340
>>69048585
Look how proud Georgie is
>>
>>69048585
He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>69043840
but muh shock value man

isn't that why normalshits love this show?
>>
>Winterfell is having a feast to celebrate defeating Stannis
>Ramsay and Roose are talking and laughing together
>Roose wants to show Ramsay something
>Leads him to a chest with a valyrian dagger
>Ramsay takes the dagger, walks behind his father while Roose gives a speech on duty and honor
>Ramsay slits his throat, walks out the room while whistling
>>
>>69048170
>no "Nailed it" baka anon
>>
>>69036197
God this would have been so fucking good.

>I mean, it still wouldn't quite make sense, because Roose wouldn't hinge everything on an heir that might die in the crib

No big deal because he now knows his bitch is fertile as fuck. And that cow's definitely surviving the winter.
>>
fuckin d&d fucking fuck
>>
>>69035907
It's like the show forgot Roose controlled a fucking army. You know, the ones that have soldiers and guards in them.
>>
I really liked Roose. Too bad we're stuck with his shitty son now.
>>
>>69041845
>What is a regent
>>
File: damn fine.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
damn fine.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>69035907
It was hubris

Roose thought that he had Ramsey underneath his thumb, that he wouldn't dare try to pull something, for risk losing whatever tenuous standing he had in the Bolton family

what he didn't consider was that cornered dogs tend to to bite, especially if they're rabid.
>>
File: 1462052850376.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1462052850376.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>69048819
>>Winterfell is having a feast

A feast?! Have you seen this season's budget?
>>
>roose dead
>ramsay still alive
god i fucking hate him. he's like some inverted bizarro tumblr creation.
>>
>>69036197
I was seriously lost at who was going to stab who

I guess Roose going all "you know you're my firstborn" sounded so fake that I thought he was going to kill off Ramsey there
>>
>>69047237
Ramsay
>be evil
Bran
>...?
Cerci
>REVENGE
Jaime
>cuck
Tyrion
>drink
>>
>>69039990
Its like pottery.
>>
>>69048966
here we go
you can use whatever fickle arguments you like

D&D has given more screentime to Ramsey from the beginning, and it was a foregone conclusion they would dump Roose over Ramsey.

Book Roose wouldn't have had things transpire as they did and Show Roose wouldn't either if they actually gave him more than 6 minutes of screentime a season.
>>
They only killed him off because Ramsey is "sexier" than Roose
>>
File: le SLJ face.gif (2 MB, 374x312) Image search: [Google]
le SLJ face.gif
2 MB, 374x312
>>69036197
>we will never see this
>>
>>69049129
no way, roose is way hotter
>>
File: 1462050071946.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1462050071946.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
>>69049181
not to our target audience
>>
>>69035979
No, he doesn't love him. He just thinks he can somehow still use him for his own agenda, he couldn't guess he would be that evil.
To be honest, Ramsay fooled me too. He seemed a bit lost lately...i guess it was all just an act. Now he's gonna be even more mad than before.
I wonder though if some people won't be fucking mad at him that he killed Roose now.
>>
>>69049234
Show watchers don't give a shit about Roose
>>
>>69048241
this

not to mention, in the books she was rapidly losing weight because he was making her diet
>>
>>69049228
true. they have bad taste tbqh.
>>
>>69049330
>they have bad taste
I mean, that should be blatantly evident considering they're watching this shitshow.
>>
>>69049106
It really does piss me off though. After stamping out Robs rebellion, forging alliances, maneuvering his house to be vaulted up to second hand to the king and becoming the warden of the north.. One would expect more than a minute per episode, who the fuck wouldn't?
>>
>>69038196
I don't like the name, but I find older men attractive, so go fuck yourself because no one else will ever fuck you.
>>
>>69049546
Especially when they have such a great actor. Apparently they expanded Ellaria's role and character because they like Indira Varma so much - so why couldn't they have done the same for such an important player?
>>
>>69049634
Focus groups might prefer Ramsay, so they wrote a lot for him. This means there simple isn't much time for Vlad in the show.
>>
>>69049634
Clearly not diverse enough, dung-maester.
>>
Is the fact that the dragons didn't attack Tyrion at first sight a sign that he is actually a Targeryan and not a Lannister?
>>
>>69035907
This shit was so fucking retarded.
>>
>>69049713
I don't know anyone who likes Ramsay though (apart from maybe Iwan Rheon fangirls), especially after the "Ramsay tortures Theon" slog of an arc. Meanwhile, people seemed to be curious about Roose after he murdered Robb, yet they pretty much let him fade and everyone eventually just forgot about him since he didn't do anything.
>>
>>69035907
Why didn't he see it? Was it autism?
>>
>>69049763
No, it's a sign that they're intelligent and recognize he wasn't trying to be dicks to them. He might still be Targeryan due to the whole mother dying during child birth thing, but even that's a shaky theory considering Dany has siblings and if the mother died during childbirth, she wouldn't be around.
>>
>>69049856
Love to hate him I assume
>>
>>69048712
He saved the north, Rob wouldn't have been able to take or at least keep the throne for very long.
He pissed off too many people obviously, even his own bannermen turned against him. They would've never helped when the second royal army headed back toward the capital. Not only would they not have helped, they would have regrouped and attacked him, cutting him off from the north. Both northern loyalists and royal armies would've converged on the capital from all sides
>>
>>69049915
People loved to hate Joffrey. Most of the comments I've seen about Ramsay (by both fans and critics) seem to say that they find tiring.

D&D really screwed up by stretching that creating Reek arc - which was essentially Ramsay's introduction - across a whole season. Just wasn't entertaining desu.
>>
>>69040311
Jora the uncurable ill .
>>
>>69049965
He fucked up when he didn't tell Edmure about his plans to wipe out Tywin in the Riverlands.

Stannis would've overran King's Landing.
>>
its a scripted show you retards
>>
>>69050001
I agree, my favorite character is Roose so I'm a bit disappointed they kind of ruined his part
>>
>>69045827
He stuck it in the aorta from below the ribcage you fool. fastest and easiest way to the heart.
>>
>>69050051
They ruined Stannis and Ramsay too.

Fucking kikes.
>>
>>69038236
Underr8ed
>>
>>69050037
and?
>>
>I love you my son who has murdered my other sons and will attempt to murder my newest child
>>
>>69037883
>spent weeks grinding in D&D
son, have you ever played D&D? You don't "grind low level mobs". It's not a fucking MMO you nit
>>
>Doran Martel dead
>Roose Bolton dead
Holy shit, this show just became unwatchable.
>>
>>69050051
Yeah, I like him a lot too. I guess I'm also sorta salty because I'm really not a fan of the portrayal of Ramsay. Obviously the character is just as brutal and sadistic in the book, but something about the acting is too gleeful, too Joker-esque. It's sorta like he's being written for a completely different show - it feels almost anachronistic in a way. Despite all the weak writing for Roose, at least the actor got his demeanor across accurately.
>>
>>69050206
don't forget balon greyjoy. Just in case you needed another grrlpower on a throne.
>>
File: 1462254295092.jpg (239 KB, 1181x853) Image search: [Google]
1462254295092.jpg
239 KB, 1181x853
>>69048838
4 u
>>
>>69050256
>It's sorta like he's being written for a completely different show
Ramsay is supposed look and act like a metal listening high school edgelord.

This so handsome 50 shades le quippy man XD shit is for the female demographic.
>>
>>69049721
Diverse my minority ass. He was a favorite character of mine and I feel gyped.
The show is popular because it didn't follow the usual hero path but now it's veering into something 'focus groups'/a bunch of old women/faggots feel is more suited to their narrow sensibilities. It doesn't make any sense to change a proven formula for a demographic that prefers watching 'the walking dead' and 'real housewives'
>>
>>69050604
They're hacks.

Ramsay is about to get wrecked by Stannis in the books anyway.
>>
>>69050644
He doesn't have 20 good plot armor in the book
>>
>>69050681
Yeah, they fucked up so hard.

>kill mance rayder
>kill stannis
>kill shireen
>kill roose
>set up shit euron
wew
>>
I question the taste of anyone who thinks Ramsay is an interesting or well-written character in the show. How can a dude so batshit be so dull to watch?
>>
>tfw daddyfu is kill
>>
File: got tv thread.jpg (61 KB, 713x249) Image search: [Google]
got tv thread.jpg
61 KB, 713x249
>>69042854
>>
>>69042854
>>69050927
this would be relevant, but look at some of the actual discussion in this thread compared to the dumb rolling shit in /got/
>>
>>69037735
And no one will have any doubts about this 'poisoning', especially with the fat woman and child dead as well? Everyone will be okay with bastard Ramsey suddenly in charge?
>>
what happened to roose's giant army of cavalry at winterfell?
>>
File: got roose loose.gif (92 KB, 510x450) Image search: [Google]
got roose loose.gif
92 KB, 510x450
>>69049325
Is there nothing Roose can't do?
Is he the Azor Ahai too?
>>
>>69050998
This. You don't get any actual discussion in /got/, only the reposting of memes and people wallowing in the filth waiting for the next one to roll around so they can repost the same shit again.

You get that in these threads as well, but that's only because of the retards thinking it's a /got/ thread and they're quickly lost among the actual discussion.
>>
>>69051076
20 GOOD MEN
0 O E
O N
D
>>
>>69036197
I actually thought for moment that Roose stabbed Ramsay, when I heard the stab sound.
>>
How did Balon hear about Euron cutting off his crew's tongues if their tongues were cut off so as to be silenced?
>>
File: The_known_world_HBO-min.jpg (3 MB, 5652x3682) Image search: [Google]
The_known_world_HBO-min.jpg
3 MB, 5652x3682
>WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE
>>
>>69051344
One of them was one of Vary's little birds and knew how to read and write.
>>
>>69049271
This. It's actually kind of upsetting to me that know one seems to care that he was killed.
>>
>>69035907
>>69035979
they killed roose who was one of the last great lord in the show in a stupid way, what a shitty show it become
>>
File: got balon wins.gif (976 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
got balon wins.gif
976 KB, 320x240
>>69051344
Charades is one of the main forms of entertainment on long voyages.
>>
File: War of Five Kings.webm (301 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
War of Five Kings.webm
301 KB, 640x480
>>69051564
>>
>>69051234
me too, very disappointing
>>
>>69037813
Nah. Now that they run the circus, D&D are just killing characters to cover for bad writing and for shock value. It also simplifies the story.
>>
>>69052768
It pissed me off in the pre-season interviews how they were gloating about how many deaths this season would have, as if that were a measurement of good writing/showrunning.
>>
>>69036197
It would be more interesting, that's for sure.
>>
>>69053095
What does it matter if they kill everyone off, the previous season gave them very little screen time aside from the 2 major families: the Starks and the Lannisters

So unless they mean Daenerys their stupid ploy will fail to hit the desired effect
>>
>>69038769
killing all these great old actors this show is on its way to be a young adult shitfest
>>
lol I was actually reading a "post-mortem" interview from the guy who played Roose and he was just like "yeah I sorta just wanted to get the last day over with. wasn't as emotional as I expected"

The Dillane effect is spreading
>>
>>69051369
where is asshai and the summer isles here?
>>
Roose will Ramsey Ramsey until Ramsey can no longer Roose Roose to the degree that Ramsey would like. That's when Roose will Roose Ramsey in the Roose and all of Ramsey's plans will Ramsey apart. At that point, Roose will be able to Roose Ramsey to enough where Ramsey can no longer Roose Roose. That is the moment where Ramsey will simply Ramsey Ramsey.
>>
>>69038769
>hating the show for how he was handled
Huh?
>>
>always liked Roose in the show
>he only got to be a cunt during the Red Wedding
Died way too early.
>>
>>69053669
trolling jaime was pretty funny and cunty
>>
>>69035907
He was killed because its a shittily written show for mentally retarded tumblrines.
>>
>>69050730
His scenes are interesting when I'm invested in the characters that he's about to torture/kill. I didn't care for the mother and her baby because, well, why would I?
>>
>>69051090
Survive.
>>
File: mmce-premiere.jpg (436 KB, 640x1098) Image search: [Google]
mmce-premiere.jpg
436 KB, 640x1098
>>69035907
in muh books he's more aware, but perhaps Show Roose was temporarily blinded by the excitement of fatherhood. He even cracked a smile, come on, he was overwhelmed with emotion.

On the other hand, I think that if Ramsay would have actually plotted killing him, he'd have seen it and had him killed first - but as it was a spur of the moment panic reaction that seemed to catch even Ramsay himself by surprise, he didn't see it coming.

FUCK I'm disappointed though. It may be fitting for how the show characters are and at least there's fast action now and interesting twists, so makes sense for the show in a way, but I'll miss him loads, and it did feel out of character for him to be blindsided that bad.
RIP Roose ;________; You were too good for this show! We didn't even get shirtless leechings ;_; It's not fair
>>
File: 1408614456167.jpg (62 KB, 395x594) Image search: [Google]
1408614456167.jpg
62 KB, 395x594
>>69037586
This, so much. His departure shall be sorely felt. It's a huge loss for the show imo. That sweet velvet baritone oh my god whyyyyyyy D&D whyyyyyyyy
>>
>>69054407
>We didn't even get shirtless leechings
the true crime tbqh
>>
>>69047418
>they'd filmed the scene and knew exactly what they were doing
Well at least the based actors are awesome and seemed to really enjoy their years together

O-oh god I'm actually really upset about this ;_; what is this show doing to me
>>
>>69048648
I think he's just trying to cover his bases and keep Ramsay from trying to kill Walda and the kid (and himself) by assuring him of his position. It's just too little too late, he should have had him killed or transported Walda to give birth somewhere else and lied to Ramsay that the kid died or something
>>
>>69053448
WHERE
LINK IT PLEASE
>>
>>69035983
Fuck you, Jorah and Hound are still alive
>>
>>69055060
i was exaggerating a bit - overall it sounds like he viewed it as a positive experience. seems like a nice bloke.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/01/game-of-thrones-roose-bolton-dies-michael-mcelhatton-leaving-season-6/
>>
File: QpRWkFz.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
QpRWkFz.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>69035907
>ITT fags bitching baout D&D even though they had cum in their pants and were screaming like little bitches when they saw the Red Wedding or ZombiesVS giants battle.
>>
>>69055223
Hey there, David or Dan!
>>
>>69055223
>screaming like little bitches when they saw the Red Wedding

Because of how much worse it was without the Greatjon fucking shit up, yeah.
>>
File: michael candid.jpg (488 KB, 700x1072) Image search: [Google]
michael candid.jpg
488 KB, 700x1072
>>69055221
He's a fantastic bloke, I've met him. Great actor and oozes charm. Thanks for the link.

I really like him acknowledging that he was planning to off Ramsay now that he has a legit heir, Ramsay just moved first and that they decided while shooting to have it be a spur of the moment thing that shocks even Ramsay.

Aw shit. All of the mature silver foxes drop off, one by one
>>
>>69054459
>he will never give you this look
>>
File: meli sanders.jpg (82 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
meli sanders.jpg
82 KB, 612x612
>>69035907
>It's a let's murder people for shock value episode
>>
File: tumblr_mnupjiqDQt1qkwee2o8_250.gif (530 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnupjiqDQt1qkwee2o8_250.gif
530 KB, 245x200
>>69055594
UNDERUSED AS FUCK
Seriously so much wasted potential. That voice, that gorgeous scruff, that ability to fuck with people with a straight face. After RW D&D should really have built him up a bit more
>>
File: 1458256365052.jpg (27 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
1458256365052.jpg
27 KB, 200x291
There is no respectable or powerful male character in this show that isn't pussy-whipped, a cuck, crippled or retarded left.
>>
>>69054459
>That sweet velvet baritone oh my god whyyyyyyy
We can slag off where the show's got to know. But you've got to admit some of the early casting was fantastic.
>>
>>69055661
davos
jun snu
tyrion
varys
littlefinger

fuck off with your bullshit meme rhetoric
>>
File: f4zM9ig.png (764 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f4zM9ig.png
764 KB, 1920x1080
>yfw bastard makes you rue the day you raped his mother
>>
>>69055668
now*
>>
>>69055584
damn mate, that's pretty cool. i hope to see him in more stuff in the future.
>>
>>69055694
>davos
crippled
>tyrion
dwarf
>varys
eunuch
>littlefinger
pussy-whipped

it left only Jon Snow, but he is still not to be considered respectable or powerful
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.