[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck makes this movie so good? I'm not big into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 11
File: thEATKG53C.jpg (25 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
thEATKG53C.jpg
25 KB, 320x480
what the fuck makes this movie so good? I'm not big into the sci-fi genre but I don't really see why its rated so highly.
>>
it's a big movie for you
>>
>>69033958
DUDE BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE KEY LMAO
>>
>humanity is dependent on black single mothers and their offspring

Good goy
>>
Because its a well shot film.
>>
It's an emotionally heavy film.
A mixture of music, acting and camera work intends to wear you down and tire you out, and I'd say it does a good job.
But whatever
>Niggers
And all that.
>>
The ideas behind the plot are pretty novel and interesting and the cinematography is fantastic

That's pretty much all it's got going for it, really, but for some people that's enough
>>
>>69033958
>>69034022
wow you guys really are clinically retarded
>>
>>69034138
Yeah just niggers

Fuck this movie because niggers

Am I fitting in yet?
>>
>>69034305
now that's a fucking great argument, innit m8?
>>
>>69033958
i could go on but it mostly comes down to long intense scenes done with minimal takes and strong characters/concept. also it has some very emotional moments.
>>
File: evan-2.png (395 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
evan-2.png
395 KB, 800x449
*smokes joint* yeah man its like totally the future of America if we elect Trump, lets like, not do it okaaaay?
>>
>>69034371
yea because youre le niggers post really deserves my attention.

if you cant analyze film im not going to spoonfeed you.
>>
Guys you shouldn't be against an endless flow of third worlders into your country because one may end up being the savior of all humanity!

>bahahahahaha :^)
>>
>>69034493

The movie is only noteworthy for its cinematography.

Other than that it's nothing but typical multicult propaganda.
>>
Its a film that has become exponentially more important as its mirrored our modern reality.

This isnt pro immigration or pro nigger, thats pleb status to think that. Its pro human and it shows how the world is becoming a hellhole rather easily in developed nations with dehumanization rampant

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zizek+children+of+men
>>
>>69034386

Yeah dude, like Trump wants to literally put people into cages and stuff like that! Just like in the movie!

Diversity is out strength!
>>
>>69034578
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah youre a worthless fucking plebian

>>69034616
>>
>>69034631
why are Americans so shit at deciphering film?

t. American
>>
>>69034386
>*smokes joint* yeah man its like totally the future of America if we elect Bernie/Hillary

ftfy
>>
>>69034616

It's absolutely pro mass immigration/multiculturalism.

Your statement that its "pro human" frames the issue that those against third world immigration are misanthropic.

How pathetic of you.
>>
>>69034714
>>69034386
>yea man *smokes* its like totally the future no matter who gets elected bc politicians couldnt give less of a shit about their citizens, wait fuck its already happening
ftfy
>>
>>69034659
>>69034712

Not and arugment.

We literally see the same political bias in almost every tv show and movie.
>>
>>69034578
>>69034631
>>69034386
>>69034035
>>69034022

>missing that all the refugees were also savages
>implying that you watched this kino at all and didn't just see a nigger in it and go "nope lol"
>white man is still the hero

plebs confirmed for having shit taste and not watching things because they get triggered so easily
>>
>>69034631
>>69034793
>lefties actually believe we would rather throw immigrants in cages than deport them.

The story is your run of the mill heroes journey with a very drab art style to make you think it's something deeper.
>>
File: 1461550564290.png (451 KB, 442x427) Image search: [Google]
1461550564290.png
451 KB, 442x427
>>69034719
>movie depicts the grim horrific living conditions for everyone living in a multiculti society
>lel it's totally pro multiculti guys :^)
>>
>>69034719
no it isnt, you cannot separate your bias for one second to consider that no matter your stance on immigration, its not an issue just now. this has been happening and will continue to happen as the world becomes overpopulated and consumed by a failing society. its a situation you cant just ignore and compound to politics, it will always be there and because it is seen as such an issue and fueled everybody ends up suffering. not just immigrants or multiculturals everyone loses.

'i dont get you, in a hundred years there wont be one sad fuck to appreciate all this, what keeps you going'

'to be honest, i just dont think about it'

goodluck thinking immigration is the issue here and not literally everything combined to a shitfest

>>69034793
except this is actually artistic
>>
>>69034854

Only a subgroup of the immigration were involved with any sort of violence.

Most were portrayed in a sympathetic manner, like those in fucking cages.

And the negress is utimately portrayed as being the savior of not only the country but the whole world.
>>
>>69034938
it blames it on the white people

it literally says
that the only reason that shitty mudskins and africans live in poverty

is because evil whites don't let them into their country

its retarded propoganda for faggots like you
>>
>>69034985
lol you cant look past her color. it LITERALLY doesnt matter what color she is. except to you.

>>69034938
this
>>
>>69034997
considering him or me dont view it as that (bc im not pro immigration) id say youre the one who is slurping up propaganda to conform to your confirmation bias every chance you get.
>>
>>69034938
>>69035057
The movie presents grim conditions under an AUTHORITARION regime. Your average bluepilled normie sees these immigrants in cages and thinks "whoa everyone in the world is so mean!"

The director has tricked you to get an emotional response.
>>
>refugees literally chanting "allahu ackbar" in a violent uprising
>white pro-refugee activists are depicted as awful and violent people who do anything to further their political cause
>"totally pro immigration amiright guys?"

Great movie though, it's weird how well it predicted the very near future.
>>
>>69033958

It's incredibly well-made and it develops interesting characters who get us emotionally involved in their plight which means that the tension of the movie is ratcheted up during practically every scene culminating in some remarkably beautiful stretches that are optimistic about existence.

You guys are all racists and sexists though so no wonder you hate it.
>>
>>69033958

why has Alfonso cuaron only made dogshit since this movie?
>>
>>69034035
That's really is never even implied in the movie, everyone with at least two neurons can understand that a single woman being able to give birth means fuck all in the world the movie is set in.

OP, if you can't enjoy the movie, then it's just not for you.
>>
>>69035182
The only movie he's made since then was Gravity, which was decent.
>>
>>69034997
It blames it on the people running things. Not necessarily all white, and certainly not all white people. The government puts people in cages and camps, not spooky white people.

That's the problem with PoC who think they are redpilled. They lump regular old white folks in with the powers that be. As if every old white guy is responsible for every injustice ever done to anyone.

You are actually the retard gobbling up propaganda here. White people in general aren't the enemy. The ruling class is.
>>
>>69034578
It conveyed a lot of emotion with minimal dialog. That's not easy to accomplish
>>
>>69035241
t. Pleb
>>
>>69034938

The white government is portrayed as being mean fascists who discriminate against the poor third worlders and literally throw them into cages.

>>69035057

Except that race isn't just about "color".

The indigenous British population have been guilted for decades into supporting mass immigration. A majority of the population have been against it since the 1960s, and yet it continues.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141216212846/http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/uk-public-opinion-toward-immigration-overall-attitudes-and-level-concern

The indigenous population are set to become a minority, within their own homeland, by 2066.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8142176/White-Britons-to-become-minority-by-2066.html

This is entirely due to the fact that the left wing Labour Party realized that they could import voters by opening the flood gates of the third world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

"Children of Men" is just one example out of many that continues the multicult brainwashing.
>>
>>69034985
Did you miss the Islamic group obviously being portrayed as being a scary horde through camerawork? Do they have to cut someones head off with a knife to get the point across?

You are just offended that the movie wasn't "non whites are all evil", because it sure as hell wasn't anti-white, but you are still fucking upset. You are too fucking stupid to be this self important, stop taking /pol/ so seriously and read actual political philosophy and the classics and maybe you won't be so obsessed with race you cuck.
>>
>>69034985
The negress is an allusion to humanity coming out of the Craddle of Civilization. Its pottery 101. Stop being an ignorant race baiter.
>>
>>69035140
listen faggot analyzing film doesnt mean we accept the normie opinion. Im American and our country is an entire piece of shit. So is the UK. they are riddled with criminals in government. Just because a normie doesnt understand that written law has been authoritarian without slapping people in cages doesnt mean we cant. Why are you kidding yourself it was a fairly low profile movie and the media didnt portray it as a bastion of righteousness.
>>
>>69034631
>>69034659
>>69034712
>>69034714
>>69034719
>>69034764
>>69034793
>>69034854
>>69034938
>>69034985
>>69034971
>>69034997
>>69035057
>>69035156
>>69035203
>>69035182
Jesus christ you autists, my shitpost was about nerdwriter's review of Children of Men where he says Children of Men is about our future if we elect Trump.

Didn't mean to derail the thread, I don't even know the power of my own shitposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-woNlmVcdjc
>>
>>69035313
>this damage control

Never knew someone who cared this much about what they thought about him on an chinese cartoon anonymous image board.
>>
>>69035296
theres no pro immigration involved, youre still triggered up the ass. the society in the film is shit no matter what and certainly so with immigration problems, which furthers the suffering of all citizens
>>
>>69035140
>it's a stormcuck defends authoritarian style governement episode
kys
>>
>>69035313
>my shitpost was about nerdwriter's review of Children of Men where he says Children of Men is about our future if we elect Trump.
this is why we cant have nice things because thats something you should automatically ignore since its a personal faggots opinion
>>
Top level acting, top level cinematography (!), impressive sets particularly the bus ride, interesting plot that doesn't take any political sides
>>
>>69035380
Apparently in Children of Men, Britain is the only government left that is still stable.

Authoritarianism is necessary sometimes.
>>
>>69035140

Exactly. The viewer is obviously meant to draw parallels between the portrayal of the government in the movie and political parties like the BNP and UKIP.

>we can't support anti-immigration parties, they will end up putting people into cages!
>>
>>69034493
then what the fuck is the point of your comment, you fucking retard? not only have I not said anything about niggers if you weren't a complete fucking dumb piece of shit you'd at least share your subjective perspective on why this movie is so highly praised, not that a dumb fuck like you would know how to do that, right?
>>
>>69035439
>necessary
>they are literally even more terrorized and suppressed as people then they are now. maybe not more soon since it rings so true
what the fuck m8
>>
Blah blah blah politics, that scene with the soldiers seeing the baby and being in awe is pure kino.
Would have been better if more soldiers had reactions other than staring open mouthed though, needed more stuff like the two soldiers kneeling and giving the sign of the cross.
>>
>>69035449
wow youre late to the party maybe read the fucking thread
>>
>>69035311

>cradle of civilization
>Africa

Pick one.
>>
>>69035439
Great argument
authoritarian governments by definition cannot have checks and balances and therefore hinge on an incredibly small number of people being able to screw everything up for everyone else.

It takes deliberate idiocy to not realize that authoritarians only argue from an emotive perspective. A million people have written about why "muh strength" is stupid, that shit only works if you have a philosopher king blah blah blah you would know this if you were worth arguing with.
>>
File: 6_gandalf_smokingpipe.jpg (34 KB, 576x396) Image search: [Google]
6_gandalf_smokingpipe.jpg
34 KB, 576x396
>>69035443
Obviously you're far too gone to be discussing film if you think films like Children of Men were made for people like you with the lowest common denominator of thought.
>>
>>69035635
In the world of children of men, where everybody is flocking to Britain to avoid the global anarchy, I'm surprised they're just not shooting them on the streets.
>>
>>69035700

I didn't say that the average viewer would take away my impression of the movie.

I said the opposite; that they wouldn't be aware of the brainwashing involved.
>>
>>69035556
>>69035311

Africa is supposedly the Cradle of Humanity but even then there's counter-arguments.

Civilization developed itself in many different places.
>>
>>69035700
Children of Men's story is just your average adventure plot. Also the goal of the protagonist is completely pointless since the human race is fucked even if the girl survives.

You might not notice it, but I as an audience member just can't give a fuck about these characters.
>>
>>69035843
>the goal of the protagonist is completely pointless since the human race is fucked even if the girl survives.
how the fuck did you reach that conclusion
>>
>>69035840
The point is that it highlights our partial origins as a species as well as our own rebirth and salvation. Sort of like a phoenix rising from ashes, returning from the well springs which birthed us.
>>
>>69035909
Because idiot, one girl being able to give birth to children still kills off 99.99999998% of the human race.
>>
>>69035843
I gave a fuck about Clive Owen

>>69035823
if they are in that state then this movie isnt really the problem or that influential now compared to constant media brigades now is it? the film promotes discussion among those with a clear view of things.
>>
>>69035512
>>69035443

Cuaron does not pick sides in his movie and you have to be really dumb to think that he does. All he does is point out how humanity is fucked if things keep going the way they are going with the Muslim extremists, immigration policies, prejudice, ignorance and human nature in general.

>>69035909
How can you not? Have you watched the movie?
>>
>>69035909
I guess one fertile fugee unfucks the entire rest of the world? Who in the fuck even knows what the Human Initiative will do with her.
>>
>>69035952
thats why the ending take place on a boat when the future is swaying to stay afloat, they find a ship Tomorrow. as in theres still hope for tomorrow
>>
>>69035952
She was given to an organization that would examine her to see if a cure could be developed
a CURE
that's like the whole plot of the movie you fucking retard
>>
>>69036029
>nobody knows why the fuck the women of the earth are infertile
>somehow the Human Project, that nobody knows anything about can find a cure for something they don't know what it is
>somehow one fertile woman is the answer for all of the problems brought up in the movie

Take a deep breath and actually watch the movie.
>>
>>69035973

I don't care about people who fancy themselves as intellectuals, I care about the nonstop barrage of propaganda that will literally destroy the Western world.

>>69035974

>Cuaron does not pick sides in his movie and you have to be really dumb to think that he does

I didn't say that. Just that the third worlders are overwhelming portrayed in a positive light, and the white government, who are responding to their presence, in a negative light.

As I said previously, the viewer is meant to associate the actions of the government with political parties who want to stop or limit immigration.
>>
>movie about a literal race war between the British army and Refugees
>/pol/ still doesn't enjoy it

What the fuck guys, I thought you would be all over this film.

What the fuck guys.
>>
>>69036131
It's an open ending, we are left to wonder whether humanity will get fixed or not. There is no definite answer as to how things went down, you just have assumptions that come from your cynical outlook on humanity senpai
>>
>>69035952
It shows that it isn't over. That if one person still can then there is hope... are you really that dumb?
>>
>>69035823
>brainwashing involved
that's the thing you fucking idiot, there isn't any brainwashing

It represents the truth of countries that have lax-ish immigration policies, if you can't fit them all in, you are going to have problems if there is enough demand to get into your country.

You have an obvious confirmation bias about anti-white media messages, and just because it's a thing in some places doesn't mean it's a thing everywhere. The fact that you are so paranoid about it means that those invested in that agenda have succeeded in taking away your power.

Brainwashing through movies and TV does not work, it can only encourage behaviors people are predisposed too. And nobody who is dumb enough to be that easily influenced is going think a certain way because of movies, especially movies that hide there themes in the background like this does.
>>
>>69036139
You should watch the movie again, this time without throwing a fit because there are brown people on the screen, especially the part where all the Fishes meet up, specifically the part where some of the fishes talk about murdering one of their own, and another another innocent person, so they could gather more support for their extremist cause.

And keep completely ignoring the fact that the Fishes, who are in their majority immigrants bomb coffee shops because apparently that's going to help their cause.

>>69036234
I know it's an open ending, we never get the full picture in the whole movie, there could be more fertile women out in the world and the Human Project has some of them in their care. I'm just pointing out how one single fertile person could not turn things around with everything the movie shows up, famalam.
>>
>>69036337
True, one single person couldn't turn it around but it's shown in the film that the main character is the hopeful kind. He's thinking what you are thinking, there could be more.
>>
>>69036337
yes we know if nolan directed this there would have been some dank exposition and shots of babies being born in hospitals

or wait maybe if someone good directed it they would play the sounds of laughter and kids playing over the credits, implying everything is ok...oh that happened
>>
File: rwnUB.jpg (95 KB, 326x284) Image search: [Google]
rwnUB.jpg
95 KB, 326x284
Funny how everyone who has seen this movie sees out future in it.

We are truly fucked aren't we.
>>
>>69036612
our*
>>
>disliking a movie because you disagree with the message you think it sends
Fucking plebeians. Go back to watching your flicks and chinese cartoons, and leave the cinéma kinographique to the thinking man.
>>
>>69036304
> And nobody who is dumb enough to be that easily influenced is going think a certain way because of movies
You really haven't ever left the basement have you.

People are dumb and impressionable, particularly young people who don't have a job or responsibilities.
>>
>>69036725
thats the point of his post, seeing a relatively unknown film like children of men doesnt matter because if they were susceptible to being brainwashed its already been happening daily through other means. so dont blame the film
>>
>>69036337

Most of the third worlders shown on screen are extras.

They're being herded around like animals and placed into cages.

The government is portrayed as being mean white fascists. That fits with the mainstream narrative that those against mass migration are Nazis.

Do you generally think it's unwise to draw real like parallels from fiction? Or do you think my analysis is completely baseless? I don't think your characterization of my viewpoint is very fair.
>>
File: 1433258481849.jpg (40 KB, 640x748) Image search: [Google]
1433258481849.jpg
40 KB, 640x748
>>69036612
Yeah.

I recently re-watched it after not thinking about for a long time and I was shocked about how accurate the movie is, the two things that really caught my attention was the women not being fertile and the muslim extremists, the first because of this big scare about this zyka virus, and the second because of how ISIS and the likes are getting so much spotlight these days.

Just a couple of years more and the government can start selling suicide kits.
>>
>>69036846

I didn't place blame solely on the film.
>>
>>69036846
>relatively unknown

Nope.
>>
>>69036855
Youre literally unable to see anything else except that because youre stuck in a rut. Don't you understand?
>>
>>69036912

Not an argument.
>>
>>69036903
really compared to pitch perfect. JLAW films, disney, capeshit, bond films, nolan films etc id say Children of Men is relatively unknown. Those properly discussing it are a minority.
>>
>>69036957
this entire thread is the argument. You're looking out a window and not even bothering to move your head around
>>
>>69036855
I'm not saying the british government is not portrayed in a bad light, I'm saying none of the sides in the movie are all bad, and none of the sides are all good. You're just not intelligent enough to watch the movie and not be stuck in your bias. You've simply been in /pol/ too much and actually believed some of the shit that's posted there as a joke.

If the soldiers on the scene on london weren't cracking down on immigrants, all of the people they were defending would die once the crowd of crazed anti-gov miliants got past them. If the Fishes weren't working towards helping immigrants travel around and live safely in the countryside, they'd suffer more in the hands of the government.
>>
File: 337999.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
337999.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
fuck the metropolitans, coming straight out the tube, an older gentile got it bad cause you're a boob
>>
>>69037314
pull my finger
>>
Because it's a movie about stupid fucking liberals throwing away everything on a silly dream
>>
>>69033958
Because you're a pleb
>>
>>69037146

>I'm not saying the british government is not portrayed in a bad light, I'm saying none of the sides in the movie are all bad, and none of the sides are all good.

So what? Neither did I. The portrayal of the government didn't have to be completely negative for most viewers to consider them evil fascists.

I believe that the director wanted viewers to associate the actions of the government in the film as being the inevitable consequence of supporting anti immigration parties.
>>
dude

look at these poor immigrant refugee children in cages, this is what will happen if the populist right wing parties take control over europe

lmao
>>
>>69033958

Maybe because its an actual movie and not just another reboot / sequel / capeshit like 99.99% of all other movies that come out.
>>
>>69037358
>>69037643
Imagine seeing the world like this constantly. Must be fucking miserable
>>
>>69033958
its cuck propaganda
>>
>>69037711
Life after taking the redpill is never the same. The rest of society is still in bluepilled lala land.
>>
>>69037711
>imagine seeing propaganda like this constantly. must be fucking miserable

preferable to being cheated out of a future by manipulative liars
>>
>>69037582
I believe the director wanted to associate the actions of the government in the film as consequences of government
>>
>>69037800
Dude actual film isnt trying to transcend thought and reality its trying to verbatim shitpost
>>
>>69037938

Fair enough.
>>
>>69036878
>government selling suicide kits to it's taxdollars

nope, they will just let old people die like Canada
>>
>>69037906
It's called a bias, humans are extremely good at noticing and becoming obsessed with patterns. You're no different from a SJW
>>
>>69038054

>pattern recognition is bad

Okay.

Are you completely apolitical? It's easy to criticize a person for noticing political bias in media when you're totally disinterested in the subject, and thus wouldn't pick up on political themes.
>>
File: 95904299.jpg (68 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
95904299.jpg
68 KB, 500x433
>>69038054
>>
>>69038153
>Are you completely apolitical?
No, I just don't believe a movie depicting refugees being processed is a plot by a global elite to destroy western civilization
>>
>>69038153

For example, an apolitical person wouldn't detect the Zionist propaganda in the movie "War World Z", even though it's extremely blatant.
>>
>>69038298
The film obviously had a liberal bias, but that's Hollywood for you. There is nothing wrong with pointing it out.
>>
>>69038298

I didn't suggest it was part of a larger plot, but a general trend.
>>
>>69038298
>a movie distorts reality in order to impose a subliminal political message on its viewers
>people who point this out must believe in your strawman conspiracy theories
>there is no rational reasonable explanation for why a trillion dollar industry would have a political agenda

wow you're really not biased at all
>>
>>69033958
Everyone was evil. Its was all shit. Immigrants and whites and whatever the fuck, they were all evil, desperate people who had to live torgether in an awful world without hope. Even when population did nothing but decrease, there was still no room for everyone and their ideas. Then a kid is born. And he stops war itself inside the camp just by crying, because it embodies hope and innocence, whatever race he turns out to be. Its a fucking christmas story you fucks. We live in a horrible world.
>>
>>69037146
>>69036855

>/pol/ is satire

normieshit.why are you even bothering arguing with him
>>
>>69036725
>you really haven't ever left the basement have you.
says the paranoid schizophrenic

there are dozens of studies about how people are not easily influenced by films, television, music, or video games

furthermore, if you could parse language better than a 6th grader, maybe you would understand that:

IF PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB THAT THEY ARE THAT EASILY INFLUENCED, HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO PICK UP ON THE SUBTLETY OF THE THEMES IN THIS MOVIE

Its not like anyone goes "white men are terrible, government is terrible, immigration is great!"

It's all implicit storytelling in this movie, so anybody smart enough to look for background stuff and understand the larger themes is going to form their own opinion on shit, that or the movie is just correct in what it's saying (authoritative government can escalate and exacerbate population problems) and you have an emotional bias towards your political views
>>
File: tips.jpg (12 KB, 336x340) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
12 KB, 336x340
>>69037800
>>
>>69038479
>subliminal
This is what I don't understand, if you are going to talk about psychological concepts, and use them as centerpieces for your arguments, why would you be okay with being totally uninformed about the field of study you are referencing?

You know nothing about psychology or influencing people if you think it works this way. You clearly haven't read studies about subliminal messaging or how media actually influences people.
>>
>>69039036
https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005202

just leave this here for your retarded ass
>>
>>69038204
>both blame media for respective groups "oppression" or "downfall"
>both are triggered extremely easily by petty things
>both pretend to be super informed and well read but actually aren't
>both lean on the authoritarian side of the political spectrum
>both are insecure about their own identities
>both resort to baseless othering to discredit in place of actual argumentation (sjw, nazi)

yeah who could possibly see the similarities
>>
>>69039230
>>69038746
Truth
>>
>>69039184
>it's a "retard thinks an anecdotal article is the equivalent to a study or causal proof" episode
You couldn't even find a half assed study like the rest of the stormcucks who take /pol/ seriously.
>>
>>69033958
It paints a perfect future some of us are going to live in, minus the whole WE NEED BABIES.
>>
>>69039353
It's more like the opposite
WE NEED LESS BABIES
>>
>>69034035
>evil black guy who wants baby for himself

g-good goy?
>>
>>69039380
Zikachan is coming to help us with that.
>>
>>69039380
>2012
>world hit 7 billion people

>2016
>7.5 billion people

Nobody talks about this.
>>
>>69039230
>only one of them is postmodernist shit that will die out in 20 years
>only one of them is common sense
>>
>>69034383
This.
It's a incredibly well made film with really strong set pieces, but since /tv/ is basically a combo of /pol/ and /b/, it's cool to pretend to hate it since it has like 2 black people in it.
>>
>>69039498
Cuaron is a hack and you'd have to be a fucking idiot to think it's better than well-made action-adventure trash just because it was sooo complex, it's like we're discussing Boyhood again. Genre seems to get in the way of his best impulses, as it does in Children of Men, which steadily devolves as he moves from thoughtfully suggestive dystopian science fiction to relatively thoughtless and childish action-adventure to even more mindless war movie. Loosely adapted from a P.D. James novel, the story is set 20 years from now in the UK, in a battered world where (for unexplained reasons) humans have been infertile for the past 18 years and illegal aliens are trucked off to detention camps. The focus is on the members of an underground resistance group, one of whom has miraculously become pregnant. As she flees with a few others toward freedom through an almost constant barrage of gunfire and explosions, the story turns into a rather banal suspense plot about whether she and her child and therefore humanity will survive.

The screenplay is credited to no less than five people, including Cuaron — creativity by committee. Despite some striking details and a mesmerizing performance by Michael Caine as an aging hippie, the movie develops from one that could be described in 25 words or less to one that could be described in 10 or less. Not surprisingly, most critics, including me (I wrote a Critic’s Choice for the film two weeks ago), are obsessed with how adept Cuaron is at handling long takes and a complicated mise en scene — we’re celebrating the technique and minimizing the banality of the story.
>>
File: th.jpg (8 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8 KB, 300x177
>>69039481
whats to talk about? we knew that was going to happen. the projected population in 20 or 50 years is fucked enough as it is 100 years and shit is fucked.

only good thing is that africa will be fucked with lack of basic resources, more niggers than you could ever imagine and more diseases thanks to the hot
>>
>>69039570
Pathetic argument. It's a 10/10 masterpiece
>>
>>69039492
>redpill
>common sense
>not understanding that both viewpoints are cyclical and incorrect
I bet you think that you are smart individual who arrived at his speshul snowflake political "philosophy" through logic and ingenuity

I should have added
>thinks their ideology is the only one that makes sense and everyone else is stupid for not believing it
to the list
>>
>>69039779
>whats to talk about?

What isn't there to talk about?
>>
>>69039854
Do you have anything useful to add or are you going to sperg out another paragraph
>>
>>69039859
We know population and self sufficiency is the main problem. And cant do anything about it because even constant warfare doesn't help the ever-growing populations. The only possible solution is killing babies or making people sterile. too bad this film proves that wont help the climate and Clive Owen is so rare anyways.

What I'm saying is, our planet is fucked right now and people care about trivial shit
>>
>>69039924
>thinks he is the only one in the world who is right
>not a sperg
lmao @ ur life
>>
>this thread

You literally have to ban politics shitposters to have a functioning website.
>>
>>69040052
>And cant do anything about it because even constant warfare doesn't help the ever-growing populations.

We've been letting up on warfare for the past couple of centuries if you haven't already noticed. Warfare isn't a good way to control population since barely anyone ever dies in warfare compared to the survivors.
>>
>>69040224
>someone posts a movie that is LITERALLY political propaganda
>want to ban the people discussing it
why not just ban any slightly political movies?
>>
>>69040255

Children of Men isn't propaganda, it's just a movie portraying a thing. You are cancerous filth.
>>
>>69040288
is there any propaganda that isn't portraying something?
>>
>>69040355
Somebody just wrote a cool scenario for a movie. They were making art, not giving a shit about some pathetic brainwashed cunts who talk about boring identity politics all day.
>>
File: A Normal Day in Yurop.jpg (62 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
A Normal Day in Yurop.jpg
62 KB, 636x424
>>69033958
Literally the best thing about CoM is how on point it was with predicting Europe's current immigration crisis. This movie came out in 2006 before there was much of a hint of hordes of refugees crossing into Europe.

And here we are 10 years later when refugees are coming in en masse, outnumbering the local population by what feels like 5 to 1 as the governments are encroaching more into a right-wing authoritarian bent.

Foot's already halfway in the door and it's not even 2020 (or whatev time this movie takes place) nor is there gonna be a mass infertility plague effecting mankind.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.