[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Captain America worth seeing if I'm in my 20s, have an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1422677625216.jpg (7 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
1422677625216.jpg
7 KB, 200x195
Is Captain America worth seeing if I'm in my 20s, have an above average IQ, and have seen other capeshit? I thought the first two Captain Americas were painfully generic
>>
I'm smarter than you and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>69018452
It's fine. The film is competently made, I understood all the characters motivations and the villain was engaging.

Shaky cam fights are off-putting as is the product placement and Disney cross-promotion and Tony Stark was all over the place.

If you didn't like TWS, you probably won't like it. I enjoyed it but I'm not going to rush out and see it again.
>>
>>69018452
It's worse
These movies are terrible unless you're already a fan of the character
>>
>above average IQ
>frogposter

lol
>>
>>69018452
>even considering watching capeshit
>above average IQ

*below average
>>
>>69018452
If you're under the age of 25 your iq can be fuck all. You still don't know shit about shit.
>>
>>69018452
I'm younger than you. I have a higher IQ than you. I've seen more capeshit than you. I thought the first two Captain Americas were great.

I'm a citizen of the world.
I went to film camp. I've read Sartre, I've read Thomas Pynchon, I've read Ayn Rand. I've been to Italy, I've been to France, I speak French. I've been to Spain, I've been to South America, I've been to Kenya, I've been to China. I've backpacked across Europe. I prefer tea to coffee. I've been to Greece, I love Greek food. I'm a foodie. I'm always on the lookout for a great little place to get breakfast. Sometimes I go to Barnes & Noble and lose track of the time.

The black people that I've met said I have a lot of flavor. I love my MacBook but I also love my MacBook Pro. Because it has the word "pro" on it. Short for "prolapse". I drive an ancient Volvo that barely starts. The Matrix and Inception are the first movies in the last ten years that made me really think.

And yeah I paint, no big deal. I think conventional painting rules are stodgy, archaic. To bend the spoon you have to realize there is no spoon. Think outside the box and coexist. Coexist. And one more thing, if you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", your, you're. You're a fucking idiot. Get the fuck off my imageboard.

And I liked it.
>>
File: tellmemoresenpai.jpg (8 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
tellmemoresenpai.jpg
8 KB, 200x193
>>69018913
>>
>>69019022
dubs don't lie
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 569x802
>>69019022
>I love my MacBook but I also love my MacBook Pro
>>
>>69018932
autism has no effect on IQ
>>
>be arthouse/indie film fan
>roommates only really care about capeshit and summer blockbusters, but do generally enjoy movies
>usually go with them to the openings of superhero movies cause its cheesy/kinda cool how geeked up they get for it
>always engage them in conversation after it about subtext and history leading up to shown events
>only time we have truly in depth film discussion where i'm the one learning and not vice versa

incredibly enjoyable, plus they're the perfect films to get absolutely blasted high too before going
>>
>>69018452
Congrats, you're the target demographic
>>
>>69019239

This.

Learn to participate in whatever you're doing, and you will find yourself having meaningful and engaging conversations about important things with people who have done the same, should you accept the language.
>>
>>69019052
Let's say they took a capeshit film but removed the cape...would anyone like it?

Winter Solider was fine and totally forgettable spy movie
People love it because it's capeshit
>>
File: 1459710022444.gif (2 MB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
1459710022444.gif
2 MB, 350x283
>>69019446

>what if they took a horror movie and removed the horror?
>what if they took an action movie and removed the action?
>what if they took a mystery and removed the mystery?
>>
>>69019446
Comic book adaptations used to be shit, but now they're great. People are just happy about that.
>>
>>69018972
I like how you think, anon.

Yes. You will enjoy it. It was plenty competent.
>>
File: AF0rtJO.jpg (43 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
AF0rtJO.jpg
43 KB, 800x475
>>69018452
>I'm in my 20s, have an above average IQ, and have a vicious sense of humor while being an immaculate gentleman
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.