[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The kingsmoot will decide the next king" http://
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: thefuck2.jpg (33 KB, 934x525) Image search: [Google]
thefuck2.jpg
33 KB, 934x525
"The kingsmoot will decide the next king"

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Kingsmoot

When a kingsmoot is held, any captain may put his name forward as a candidate for the rule - as among the ironborn "every captain is a king on his own ship" - and name three champions and may try to sway his fellow ironborn with a speech on his prowess and gifts to show his generosity; only once a vast majority call out a candidate's name to proclaim him king does the kingsmoot end

Why wouldn't Yara already know this? Why would Balon threaten to sire another heir if the captains vote on who inherits the throne to begin with, shit makes no sense.
>>
>>69005662
>if the captains vote on who inherits the throne to begin with
Because that isn't a thing that happens often?
>>
>>69005662
There hadn't been a kingsmoot in over 300 years, not since the Greyjoys had taken over. For that priest (Aeron, I guess) to suddenly pull "kingsmoot" out of his ass is bound to blow minds.
>>
fucking brokered conventions
>>
Yet another woman trying hard to look tough and failing.
>>
>>69005799
The ironborn are always shown to be headstrong viking shitcunts who love to fuck and fight, why would there not be a kingsmoot every single time the old ruler died.
>>
>>69005662
The priest just threw it out there. I guess because Euron and Asha/Yara are trying to rule
>>
File: 1406359886178.jpg (46 KB, 350x247) Image search: [Google]
1406359886178.jpg
46 KB, 350x247
MAKE IRON ISLANDS GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>69006099
Because until Balon declared himself King, they were just lords under the command of the Iron Throne. You only hold kingsmoots for kings, not lords.
>>
>>69006099
Because they have not actually had a king in awhile, and its an ancient custom that was semi followed back when the iron islands had kings. The kingsmoot only comes up because of a dispute of succession.
>>
>>69005662
>>69006188
this is the answer OP
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.